Always Wanted Bigger Breasts - Fortitude Valley, Australia

Since I was a teenager I had always thought of...

Since I was a teenager I had always thought of getting a breast enlargement as my breasts just never seemed to grow and I wanted to feel more feminine and was sick of wearing push up and padded bras. The only reason I waited so long was that I had to save up the money and also find the right surgeon.

I made my initial enquires with Brisbane Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery via their website and I received a reply back the same day and I then proceeded to book my consultation via e-mail as well which I thought was great as with my job I don't get the opportunity to use my phone. I had my initial consultation with Dr Richardson at his Fortitude Valley office and what I really liked about him was that I felt I could really talk to him on a normal level and he spent the time with me explaining the procedure and also the different types of implants and also the risks involved in this procedure. He advised me that a round textured implant would be suitable for my body size and shape so I tried on some implants in a sports bra. I tried on a 300cc, a 325cc and a 350cc. Dr Richardson advised me that I could have either of these 3 sizes but the decision was mine. Following this I then went with his nurse to use their 3D imaging machine which I found so helpful in making my decision. I was worried that if I chose the 350cc I would be too big but once I saw the images on the screen I realised that the 350cc would achieve the look I wanted and that there actually wasn't too much difference between the sizes. The nurse also told me that if I wanted to come back and see Dr Richardson again I could and there would be no charge however I am a person that once I make up my mind I am set so I didn't feel like I needed to go back. I had my surgery done on the 2nd of March at the Pacific Day Surgery in Fortitude Valley and I couldn't be happier with the results. I will say its not all smooth sailing, it is major surgery and I did experience pain and discomfort however the pain relief given to me in my bag was all I needed along with some rest and recovery at home with lots of DVD's. I was a little worried the first couple of days after surgery that I had gone too big but I phoned Dr Richardson's nurse and she advised me that there is a lot of swelling and to give it some time. She was 100% correct and once everything settled down I knew I had made the right decision. I am due for another follow-up appointment with Dr Richardson and his nurse in the next couple of weeks but everything is travelling a long great and I would have no hesitation in recommending Dr Richardson and his team as I always find all the girls very helpful and I am so glad that I chose Dr Richardson as my surgeon.

Thank you for sharing your story with us on RealSelf! It's nice you could use both sizers and the 3D imgaing machine to help determine the best size for the look you were seeking. Hope you've enjoyed plenty of bra and swimsuit shopping. ;) Congratulations!
Brisbane Plastic Surgeon