52 Years Old, First Facial Surgery: Upper Lid Lift (Bleph) Concurrent with Breast Augmentation -Cincinnati, OH

Hi y'all. I'm not sure what I think about this...

Hi y'all. I'm not sure what I think about this procedure yet. Today is only day 3 post op, and my right eye looks perfect, although more bruised, while my left eye looks like it might have some bumps that weren't there before. However, I suspect appearance will change considerably over the next few days and weeks. This surgery was NOT necessary for me, purely cosmetic, and my decision was off and on anyway. I changed my mind twice since my initial consultation. Between this and the augmentation, the lid lift has been much more difficult -- more pain and annoyance, and I do question whether I did the right thing by choosing it.

one week post op

I apologize for not adding pictures immediately post op, y'all. I completely forgot. And I'm not sure I have any good pre-op photos. I will look for some, though. The eyes are coming along quite well. I find it difficult to spend any amount of time over 30 minutes outside because they are so sensitive. I am amazed how much sun and wind affects them now. At this point the left looks great, and the right continues to be swollen and bruised, but I feel hopeful.

10 days out AVOID THE SALT

I don't have pics today y'all, but
I wanted to let you guys know immediately that my doctor's suggestions were right on: NO SALT for two weeks. I thought surely 9 days was long enough, right? So I just had some Chinese food, no big deal. OMGOODNESS when I woke up my eyes were swollen back like they were day 4 or 5! I know none of you are as stubborn as me, but just in case, I'm JUST SAYIN' STAY OFF THE SALT.

Five and a Half Weeks Post

My eyes truly look amazing, very natural and all bruising is gone. However, I still think the healing has been more difficult for this procedure than for my breasts, and am not sure I would recommend it to anyone unless medically necessary. My eyelids are still numb and I still need to use lubricating drops daily, even though my PS was very conservative to prevent the wide eyed look as well as the inability to completely close them if too much skin is removed. In addition, they are still crusty each morning when I wake up. I did find some "before" pics so you can see the difference.
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Loftus was very thorough, answering every question and making sure to let me know of any complication that could arise. She did not push me to choose this surgery, which I appreciate in light of the multiple varying opinions I'd received from friends. I've had actual procedures performed by four different surgeons over the years and consults with at least three others as well, and Dr. Loftus and her staff are my favorite.