Upcoming TT Scheduled for 6/26 and Overcome with Fear - Fort Worth, TX

Greetings to all. I am a 43 year old mom of 2...

Greetings to all. I am a 43 year old mom of 2 precious little boys, ages 2 and almost 4. After giving birth to my first son, my body went right back to normal, no problem. However, after the birth of my second son, things were very different. It seemed as though I would never lose the baby weight. Eventually, the weight began to come off, but the tummy remained. I really didn't understand what was happening to my mid-section, or why it continued to look the way it did. I had never thought about plastic surgery, of any sort, but my hubby mentioned a tummy tuck.

I began to research alternatives to a tummy tuck once I saw what one entailed. I didn't want to have any part of something that seemed so traumatic, so I was sold on Lipotherme. In May, I went to a PS for a consult, and found out that my muscles had completely separated!!! No amount of Lipotherme would ever give me the flat stomach that I once had. I told myself to forget it. No one would ever cut on me, no way, completely out of the question!!! I had both of my boys come through the v, so why would I subject myself to unnessary cutting, pain, worry, etc.?? Well, here's the thing, my belly is not as big when I wake in the mornings, however, when I eat or drink anything, it is quite ridiculous to look at. By bedtime, I simply want to cry because my stomach looks like i'm 5 months pregnant.

Now I have found myself being so nervous, and scared. I have two small boys, and a husband that I love so very much, and I want, and need to be here to take care of them. I don't want anything to happen to me. This is just for cosmetic reasons. I want to feel much better about myself and not continue to be totally embarrassed about my mid-section. Ladies, please, please, please send me some encouraging words. Please let me know that everything will be alright. My hubby totally supports this, however, he has told me that he doesn't want to lose me, and he would rather have me here, than to lose me over something so unnecessary. I'm ready, but I'm not. Help!!!

Dallas Plastic Surgeon

OMG!!! Dr. Kasden and his entire staff are so AWESOME!!! This is the doctor that you want and need to have by your side when considering a major surgery like this. I couldn't be more pleased with my results. He is highly skilled in what he does, and the outcome is totally amazing. I will definately use him in the future.

How is your recovery going? Was it worth it? I have to say, I think it totally was worth it. I am getting flatter every day, I am 4 weeks post op.
Lovin the Fit Life...I am moving right along. My PS said that I can start exercising again next Monday so that should be very interesting!!! I'm still extremely hard in my tummy area, as well as very tight. I assume that it is swelling, or just the way my PS did the tt. Either way, I am totally happy with the outcome, and can't wait to see the final result. IT WAS SO WORTH IT!!!!!!!! Happy Healing!
I'm feeling amazing! My drain came out on Tuesday, and I have been off pain meds (except for the occasional Tylenol) since Sunday. Pretty much back to my regular routine, with some modifications for resting... going to a folk festival this weekend!
Glad to hear you are doing well too!
Hi bodyback2,
Just checking in on you. We had our surgeries the same day, and I wanted to see how you are managing. Doing ok?
cqb
Actually, I can't believe how great I am doing. Not a lot of pain, but that could be due to still taking all medications as directed. I will go in for my third follow up visit with my PS Friday, so we'll see if he's willing to take out my drains. I have 3. How are things on your end?
Hope you are doing ok. Just saw you had your surgery today. Hope you have a peaceful night.
Slept like a baby!!! The drugs are a wonderful thing!!!
Thinking of you today... I tested you last night......talk soon.... Hugs....
*Texted
Mine is the 26th too! Like you, I'm so nervous and for most of the same reasons. But I can't wait to be on the other side of it all! I'll look forward to healing together! :)
Welcome CQB!!! Looking forward to healing with you. What time are you scheduled for Tuesday? Relax, and let's focus on the recovery precess. We will all be there soon, very very, soon!!!
My surgery is also the 26th!! Almost here, we can do it!!!
Yes that is 6 more days..... Praying for all of us!
Hey Alyssac! What time is your surgery? Mine is @ 12:00noon. And you're right, we CAN do it!!! I think at this point, I'm ready to get it over with already, so I can start the healing process. Oh, the anticipation, the anticipation...
Hi my friend. I am definately praying as well. The countdown has definately started for us. Keeping very busy, that way the time passes quickly.
I check in at 630am and the anticipation is KILLING me too!! I've been anxious for so long I just want it over. I start my arnica tomorrow.. Hope it helps!
Alyssac what type of arnica are you going to take? Did your doctor suggest it? I've seen others on the board that are/have taken it also, but my doctor doesn't believe in it. I spoke to about it and she told me that it wouldn't hurt anything if I took it.
hi! how are you doing.... Guess what... I went to a different Dr. and this time I feel like I am so excited to get this done. Yes... I am a little scared but NOTHING like before.. My deposit is paid and I have my pre op Thursday 6-14-12.... I am going for my Breast lift/ Aug on the 27th and the TT+ Lipo on the 28th. He does them a day apart under twilight sedation.. I like this Dr. and so glad I found him. The office staff is just as nice. Dr. Ritrosky in Fort Myers Florida... Let me know what is going on with you....
I also know that we will both be fine. Going to a board certified ps is the only way to go. I don't know if I have the guts to post my photos on here.. It is too shameful. Maybe after when I can put them side by side...I used to weigh over 250lbs 17 years ago. I have never been able to get below 138lbs. But for me that is just fine with the exception of this stomach. Did I mention I am getting a lift with silicone implants. Just to give me fullness. Wishing I could just walk through a tube and come out with a new body. Btw... You can not make out your face on your photos....
OMG!!! 138 is great!!! Congratulations on your weight loss. I totally understand the weight topic. I'm still working on my weight myself. It's such an ongoing thing with me these days, with my little ones always eating snacks and all. There's only so many carrot sticks and apple slices that they'll go for before begging for the bad stuff!!! I'm such a wuss when it comes to saying no to my precious ones!!! I got up to 230lbs. with both of my pregnancies, and am currently weighing 154 at 5' 6". I would love to be at 144 on the day of surgery, however, if I'm not there by that day, prayerfully I can get there shortly afterwards.

I thought about getting a lift myself, but I decided to wait to see how this first procedure would go. Keep me informed . In the meantime, Victoria's Seceret will have to do the work for me in that department!!! LOL!!! You are going to look so amazing, I just know it! Time is ticking away for us...before you know it, the big day will be here!!! No worries about the pictures. Trust me, I totally understand. Thanks a bunch for confirming that you can't make out my face. I would have been so embarrassed, and immediately deleted the photos!!!
Hey there where did you go??? Are you still getting it done?
Bodyback2---- I feel the same way you do!! OMG I want this so bad but am scared out of my mind!! I too need encouraging words,,,,, I am trying to keep my eye on the prize as they say... I am 50 years of age....so I am not a spring chicken... I have all my tests done for the surgery.... and a scheduled date of 6-22-12... biting my nails everyday LOL....
Jhowell825...Isn't it so weird that we are willing to do something like this, but at the same time we are so, so fearful? I keep reciting the Bible verse "God did not give us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind...(2 Timithy 1:7). We can totally do this!!! I"ll be cheering you on all the way, and I know that you will look so awesome when it is all said and done. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers...Hey, post some pics of yourself. Trust me, if I was willing to do it, and believe me, it was totally humiliating for me, anyone can do it!!! I don't think anyone could make out my face, at least I hope not!!!!! LOL...
WOW! Congrats !!so nice to have this site. My scheduled pre op is June 14th and the SX date is June 22nd... keep me in your thoughts and prayers as well...as I will each and every one who is going through the same thing.. So many women look fantastic! Hope I will be one of them soon..
Thanks Neener. How is your recovery/healing coming along? Are you back to any normal activities yet, extremely tired, any type of exercising?