Upcoming TT Scheduled for 6/26 and Overcome with Fear - Fort Worth, TX

Greetings to all. I am a 43 year old mom of 2...

Greetings to all. I am a 43 year old mom of 2 precious little boys, ages 2 and almost 4. After giving birth to my first son, my body went right back to normal, no problem. However, after the birth of my second son, things were very different. It seemed as though I would never lose the baby weight. Eventually, the weight began to come off, but the tummy remained. I really didn't understand what was happening to my mid-section, or why it continued to look the way it did. I had never thought about plastic surgery, of any sort, but my hubby mentioned a tummy tuck.

I began to research alternatives to a tummy tuck once I saw what one entailed. I didn't want to have any part of something that seemed so traumatic, so I was sold on Lipotherme. In May, I went to a PS for a consult, and found out that my muscles had completely separated!!! No amount of Lipotherme would ever give me the flat stomach that I once had. I told myself to forget it. No one would ever cut on me, no way, completely out of the question!!! I had both of my boys come through the v, so why would I subject myself to unnessary cutting, pain, worry, etc.?? Well, here's the thing, my belly is not as big when I wake in the mornings, however, when I eat or drink anything, it is quite ridiculous to look at. By bedtime, I simply want to cry because my stomach looks like i'm 5 months pregnant.

Now I have found myself being so nervous, and scared. I have two small boys, and a husband that I love so very much, and I want, and need to be here to take care of them. I don't want anything to happen to me. This is just for cosmetic reasons. I want to feel much better about myself and not continue to be totally embarrassed about my mid-section. Ladies, please, please, please send me some encouraging words. Please let me know that everything will be alright. My hubby totally supports this, however, he has told me that he doesn't want to lose me, and he would rather have me here, than to lose me over something so unnecessary. I'm ready, but I'm not. Help!!!

How is your recovery going? Was it worth it? I have to say, I think it totally was worth it. I am getting flatter every day, I am 4 weeks post op.
Lovin the Fit Life...I am moving right along. My PS said that I can start exercising again next Monday so that should be very interesting!!! I'm still extremely hard in my tummy area, as well as very tight. I assume that it is swelling, or just the way my PS did the tt. Either way, I am totally happy with the outcome, and can't wait to see the final result. IT WAS SO WORTH IT!!!!!!!! Happy Healing!
I'm feeling amazing! My drain came out on Tuesday, and I have been off pain meds (except for the occasional Tylenol) since Sunday. Pretty much back to my regular routine, with some modifications for resting... going to a folk festival this weekend!
Glad to hear you are doing well too!
Dallas Plastic Surgeon

OMG!!! Dr. Kasden and his entire staff are so AWESOME!!! This is the doctor that you want and need to have by your side when considering a major surgery like this. I couldn't be more pleased with my results. He is highly skilled in what he does, and the outcome is totally amazing. I will definately use him in the future.