Just 1 Treatment & I Won't Be Getting a 2nd. -Fort Worth, TX

My dermatologist referred me to a dermatology and...

My dermatologist referred me to a dermatology and laser center for sun spots and red veins on my face from rosacea. I saw the dermatologist at the laser center and he recommended a minimum of 3 sessions of IPL (Photorejuvenation). I put on the given cream an hour before the procedure, but other than numbing the skin around my lips, it didn't do much for the pain. I can handle a lot of pain and this was a lot. I had eye protection placed on my eyes, but could see a flash of light with every zap. Not sure if this is normal, but the prospect of eye damage worried me.

My face was VERY swollen and red for several days. The sun spots darkened significantly and started to fall off after about a week. About 9 days post IPL I was super happy with how light my skin looked. A friend even commented on it. On day 10, I went back for the included Vibraderm appointment. My skin is sensitive and after the Vibradermabrasion my face was red all over. Some of it faded, but my cheeks have never recovered. They are just as red as before the IPL. On top of that, now, at 6 weeks post IPL, my face is saggy and droopy around my mouth and eyes. I look older and my skin is super dry. The sunspots are slightly faded, but not much. I won't be going back. I understand that this procedure is supposed to be done more than once, but I'm afraid of what I'll do to my skin if I continue for another 2 treatments.

I am 42, half Asian, half Caucasian with pale skin, sun spots, and rosacea. I get headaches from cosmetics so can't use them.
Cothurn

Saw the doctor once, but the procedure was done by a medical assistant.