My Lap Band - Fort Worth, TX

Best thing I ever did for myself. I have always...

Best thing I ever did for myself. I have always struggled with my weight and as I got older it became harder to lose. But when I developed adult onset diabetes in addition to high blood pressure I knew that I needed to do something fast. A friend of mine had the lap band done and she had nothing but good things to say about the procedure.

My experience was relataively uncomplicated. I was sore for a few days, but up and about in 72 hrs, back at work in 4 days. I have had to relearn to eat, there are alot of foods that I can no longer eat, but thats ok... I dont need to eat bread anyway. I love to eat veggies, and I have a new love for fish.

This had opened up a whole new world for me. As of 12-07-2011 I have lost a total of 40 lbs and I'm wearing a size 10. Haven't seen that number in years, plus I feel so good and have so much energy.

Congrats on your weight loss, Nellie! Sounds like you're doing great.

Hi Nellie,

Thanks for your review. Congratulations on yoru weight loss. It's not an easy road but you're doing well and you seem to be reaping the benefits.

Do you have a target goal weight that you are trying to get to?

Best wishes,

Kirsty

Dr.Scott Stowers

This office is patient based. They understand that they are there for you. Everyone is so nice and supportive and Dr.Stowers is so down to earth, answers all your questions in laymans terms so you understand what you are getting into. The finance department is amazing, willing to work with you no matter what you circumstances are.