Hurts: Really Hurts - Fort Worth, TX

Had a Fractional CO2 total face resurfacing done 3...

Had a Fractional CO2 total face resurfacing done 3 weeks ago. I was told it would hurt, but even with meds I'd put the pain level up there with childbirth. I was told I could wear make up and go out after 4-5 days. Not so. As some of the others have posted, I was still scabby and oozy after a week.

After 2 weeks I could camouflage it. I still have the visible "column marks" after 3 weeks that can be seen through makeup. I'm told results will be better over time. Right now, results are very minimal and at this point I'd say NOT worth the pain and down time. That is to be seen, I guess.

Advice: do exactly what they tell you as far as at home after care. The face will be raw and tender and susceptible to infection.

This was done Dec 19, it is now Jan 11 and I still...

This was done Dec 19, it is now Jan 11 and I still have the laser stripes on my face (forehead to chin), though they are getting fainter. The acne scars I wanted gone are not quite as noticeable, but are still there. THe sun spots that once dotted my face are GONE. I do feel like I can wear less makeup and overall my skin looks better, but not the drastic change I anticipated from before and after photos I saw. I don't know that I'd go through that much pain without checking out microdermabrasions and photofacials first. THat's where I'm headed next once this all heals to try to get the last of the acne scars gone.

Thank you for sharing your detailed review with us.  Childbirth pain???  No thanks..

Provider was awesome. Even met with me a week in advance so I could ask questions and look at photos of others. Do your homework and be sure you get a knowledgeable and reputable doctor.