Fraxel 1550--hurts but It is Tolerable -Fort Worth, TX

I'm 43 and had fraxel done today. I have dark hair...

I'm 43 and had fraxel done today. I have dark hair and blue eyes, fair complected but can tan in the sun. Unfortunately the woman forgot to tell me that I would need someone to drive me home so no painkiller for me. :(. Anyway I did have the numbing cream on for the full hour prior to the procedure, but I had taken two advil early that morning and two at the time of the procedure which may have helped. They applied my numbing cream with a tongue depressor so I notice it was uneven in some areas so I just made sure to smooth it out with my finger tips on my own to even things out. My setting was 45mj/8 depth/8 passes to accomodate for wrinkles. Description of stinging is correct I agree with the rubberband sensation as well or if you have had the stringing done over your whole face but slightly more intense but it was tolerable. Along the hair line was probably the worst. It does feel like a pretty good sunburn and the face feels tight afterward. The pain afterward for me was not that bad my face did feel hot to the touch. I was given a kit with spring water mist spray, lotion, and a mask of some sort which is the only product I have yet to use. The mist felt really good especially when driving home with the A/C blowing full force on my face! LOL. I don't look super red but the texture is rougher particularly on the forehead. Anyway given it was my first treatment and they intensify as you go, I will make sure to have a driver next time!! For now it's not bad at all.

No pain killers- bummer!  Thanks for sharing, keep us updated on your healing process :)

Day 2

Ok so today my face looks like the stay puffed marshmallow in that it is more swollen, particularly in the eye area. My skin does feel a little gritty as well but as far as pain is concerned the good news is there is no pain now! Laying off any salt today and upping the water intake to see if that helps the inflammation. Redness has pretty much subsided also. Anyway I think if I can get the swelling down I think I'll be good to go.
Innovations