Dr. Rumalla is Wonderful - Fort Worth, TX

I chose a mastectomy/reconstruction after finding...

I chose a mastectomy/reconstruction after finding out I had the BRCA2 gene for breast cancer. Watching my mother die from breast cancer in her early 50's and my sister fight at 41 I was not going to take any chances.
I will be honest. The process/procedure is hard. Recovery after a mastectomy is no walk in the park but I knew battling cancer would be worse. Immediately following my bilateral mastectomy, Dr. Rumalla began the reconstruction phase by placing expanders in. This recovery is by far the most challenging. Once you recover from this, having implants put in place is relatively easy. Dealing with this alongside Dr. Rumalla and his staff made every procedure much easier. They have a tremendous passion for what they do and are always willing to answer questions along the way.

Thank you for taking the time to share your breast reconstruction story on RealSelf. I witnessed a family member go through this process and you're right, it's no walk in the park! Glad to hear you found a PS you were comfortable with for this journey. How long was your entire process? How many fills did you end up getting until you got your actual implants? So happy you are pleased with your results!

Dallas Plastic Surgeon

No reconstruction is a "fun" process. It's long and at times all you want is for it to be over. Dr. Rumalla and his staff made the process more than just bearable. Dr. Rumalla is incredibly passionate about what he does. He always had time to answer my questions and ALWAYS spoke on my level (no medical jargon). He is a perfectionist who wants the best possible results for his patients. His staff is no different. Truly compassionate people who listen to your needs and concerns. I would have no hesitation returning to Dr. Rumalla for any reason and would highly recommend his office. I am extremely pleased with the results.