Lumpy Bumpy Neck Lift After 4 Weeks - Fort Worth, TX

I am 66 yrs.old in excellent health and not over...

I am 66 yrs.old in excellent health and not over weight, but I was developing a double chin and the sides of my mouth were droopy. On January 23, 2012 I had a neck lift, lower face-lift, both upper and lower eyelids done. My concern right now is that it is now 4 weeks and my neck is still not smooth where the incision was made for liposuction. The area under my chin is lumpy, bumpy and a bit wrinkled looking. Would this still be normal at this time of recovery? Can I expect this to smooth out in time (soon)? All in all I'm pleased with the face lift, but have my concerns about my neck.

10 days ago I went back to see my Plastic surgeon....

10 days ago I went back to see my Plastic surgeon. He immediately addressed my concerns about my neck and told me this came from bleeding directly after surgery and that this has produced scar tissue that is causing the puckering. He injected a cortisone shot into the scaring under my neck (ouch). Next, he recommended a Silicone Scar Sheet over the scaring at night and during the day when possible. I immediately started using the Silicone sheets that are like a large bandage (available in drugstores). The scaring has reduced considerably (60% ?) in the 10 days, but is still not completely smooth. PS recommended using these Silicone Scar sheets for the next month and then return to see where we stand with the scaring. He also suggested that if this does not correct the situation to where I’m happy he could do a procedure in office. I’m hoping it doesn’t come to that.
I've recieved a lot of comments in the past few months and I would like to thank each of you that sent me encouraging words. When going through something like this it's easy to feel you're the only one. In the last 2 months I have gone to see 3 plastic surgeons (yes THREE). The consensus with all three was, I never recieved the neck lift I paid for, only liposuction under the chin area. On top of that I got a short S face lift (which amounts to a mini facelift) and not the traditional face lift as we discussed during consultation. As the swelling has subsided I'm left with an indentation and a lot of lose skin on my throat area which is very unsightly. When my husband and I paid a visit to the PS office I requested a refund and it was denied, even after I told him I no longer feel comfortable with him doing anymore surgery on me. He did say he would do the neck lift at no charge, but I would have to pay hospital and anesthesa cost. We decided there was NO way he would be operating on me again. I have since made arrangements to have another plastic surgeon fix this after the new year, even though I will be out thousands of dollars once again. I really appreciate those of you that recommended getting second optinions. I now feel deceived by the whole proceedure. What's really disturbing is I did my homework and went to a very reputable plastic surgeon.
I've recieved a lot of comments in the past few months and I would like to thank each of you that sent me encouraging words. When going through something like this it's easy to feel you're the only one. In the last 2 months I have gone to see 3 plastic surgeons (yes THREE). The consensus with all three was, I never recieved the neck lift I paid for, only liposuction under the chin area. On top of that I got a short S face lift (which amounts to a mini facelift) and not the traditional face lift as we discussed during consultation. As the swelling has subsided I'm left with an indentation and a lot of lose skin on my throat area which is very unsightly. When my husband and I paid a visit to the PS office I requested a refund and it was denied, even after I told him I no longer feel comfortable with him doing anymore surgery on me. He did say he would do the neck lift at no charge, but I would have to pay hospital and anesthesa cost. We decided there was NO way he would be operating on me again. I have since made arrangements to have another plastic surgeon fix this after the new year, even though I will be out thousands of dollars once again. I really appreciate those of you that recommended getting second optinions. I now feel deceived by the whole proceedure. What's really disturbing is I did my homework and went to what I thought was a very reputable plastic surgeon.
You have my sincere sympathy having to live with this terrible result. I am going through a bad result myself, so I can understand your dismay.

It is now 1 year since my first surgery that left...

It is now 1 year since my first surgery that left me with lumps and bumps on my throat. Two weeks ago I had a new Plastic Surgeon,( Dr. Martin English) in Ft. Worth do a neck lift and revision. He did a fantastic job and my neck already looks great. The swelling and bruising are almost completely gone already. He had a lot of work to do to repair the damage from my liposuction surgery done last year that left me with a lot of scar tissue, an incision made in the wrong place and sunken areas on my throat from taking too much fat out. My only regret is, I didn't go to Dr. English the first time around. He's professional, extremely talented, great bedside manner and caring. If I could I would give him 10 stars! Even though it cost me more money it was worth it because I can finally hold my head up high again and not feel deformed!! I will try and post a few pictures in a week or two with the results.

Grammy, I am 49 and have the same issues: I had a neck lift for a very small issue. I am now left with a dent in my throat that pulls in when I swollow and extra skin that folds when I turn my neck. I would like to see Dr. English wherever he is. Would you please e-mail me his contact info, t****@aol.com. I would greatly appreciat it. I am soo glad that you are happy now with your neck. I too went to a very successful PS with a great name. I think a lof of surgeons get a great name for themselves by advertising on the net. My doctor refunded me a small amount for the procedure deducting fees anesthesia ....etc and then had me sign a paper I did not read at the time. It forbid me from discussing anything about the surgery in relation to him. So we can not believe reveiws since they pay off the bad reviewers they ruin. I had fat transferred by another surgeon to my neck but it did not work. I am afraid to have another surgery since how do we reallly know who is good or not. Since Dr. English helped you I know he is good. Thank you in advance. Lynn

Sorry, but your email address is hidden so I was not able to use that. Thank you for your inquiry and believe me when I say I'm very sorry to hear that you too had a bad result. I am just amazed at the number of women that have had bad plastic surgery results like ourselves. At this point I am less than 6 weeks post surgery. I still have a little scar tissue from my previous surgery that Dr. English is very cautiously trying to get to soften since it is pulling on my neck. This may need to be surgically removed in another month but this would be in his office and a simple procedure (at least he keeps assuring me of this). I have a lot of confidence that he will be able to get this corrected. I did not get any refund from my first doctor, so at least you got that much. Dr. English has 2 offices that I am aware of, one in Ft. Worth TX and the other in Dallas or possibly "Plano". If you Google him I'm sure you'll find his info. You're right about not believing reviews. The first Dr. I went to didn't have any bad reviews and a friend recommended him, although she went to him for a completely different procedure. I hope you're able to see Dr. English and I hope he can help your situation. Let me know if you are successful in doing so. God Bless, C
Hello Granbury, Thank you so much for your reply and the doctors name who helped you. I am having fat injected into my neck for the second time in late April to see if it will help. I am so afraid of another surgery :( If it doesn't work I will consult with Dr. English and see what he has to say. I have talked with 3 PS surgeons pluss the one who did the surgery and none of them think it is worth the risk to have the surgery re-done. It seems when you are messed up nobody wants to touch you and or they promise nothing as far as results go. I will post back after I have the second fat grafting done. It is hard to believe how a PS can mess things up so bad and then offer no explanation and pretty much throw you out the door. I had to pay a lot to get the fat transferred and probably will end up having to get the original surgery over again and hope for the best. All of this is very saddening. Thank you Grammy for posting your pictures and for your sincere help. Lynn

Beware of Dr. Walter Sorokolit in Ft. Worth, TX

The time has come for me to let everyone know about Dr. Walter Sorokolit in Ft. Worth, TX. I don’t want anyone else to go through this experience. I went to Dr. Sorokolit over a year ago for a face and neck lift procedure. I have written about my experience with him, but never revealed his name. I was very skeptical at that time to reveal who did my surgery in the hopes he would make things right. It appears he could care less. I asked for a refund several times for the neck lift he never performed, but in his words “we don’t do that here”. Evidently he’s only good at taking a person’s money and not preforming the procedure. It took him 9 months to admit he never did the procedure to begin with! After asking him for a refund for the neck lift I paid for, he offered to “ do a neck lift at no charge” but I would be responsible for the hospital and anesthesia unless we could get Medicare to pay for it under a false claim. I wanted no part of defrauding Medicare. This past January 2013 I paid another surgeon (Dr. Martin English) for a neck lift and to try to correct what Dr. Sorokolit messed up terribly. Unfortunately Dr. Sorokolit is in his 80’s and in my opinion no longer capable of preforming face and neck lift surgery. Anyone looking for a good plastic surgeon in the metro-plex of Dallas/Ft. Worth, I would certainly recommend Dr. Martin English. I will have to have more corrective surgery at the end of August with Dr. English to correct the "Sorokolit scars" that are still noticeable. I never thought this neck issue would carry on for a year and a half. Hopefully after August this issue will be finished and my neck will look like it should have in the beginning.
Why don't you take him to small claims court. You have his admission that he did not perform the procedure! Glad things are working out for you now!
Dallas Plastic Surgeon

My experience with Dr. English was nothing like the first Dr. and I am very pleased with my results.