Lumpy Bumpy Neck Lift After 4 Weeks - Fort Worth, TX

I am 66 yrs.old in excellent health and not over...

I am 66 yrs.old in excellent health and not over weight, but I was developing a double chin and the sides of my mouth were droopy. On January 23, 2012 I had a neck lift, lower face-lift, both upper and lower eyelids done. My concern right now is that it is now 4 weeks and my neck is still not smooth where the incision was made for liposuction. The area under my chin is lumpy, bumpy and a bit wrinkled looking. Would this still be normal at this time of recovery? Can I expect this to smooth out in time (soon)? All in all I'm pleased with the face lift, but have my concerns about my neck.

10 days ago I went back to see my Plastic surgeon....

10 days ago I went back to see my Plastic surgeon. He immediately addressed my concerns about my neck and told me this came from bleeding directly after surgery and that this has produced scar tissue that is causing the puckering. He injected a cortisone shot into the scaring under my neck (ouch). Next, he recommended a Silicone Scar Sheet over the scaring at night and during the day when possible. I immediately started using the Silicone sheets that are like a large bandage (available in drugstores). The scaring has reduced considerably (60% ?) in the 10 days, but is still not completely smooth. PS recommended using these Silicone Scar sheets for the next month and then return to see where we stand with the scaring. He also suggested that if this does not correct the situation to where I’m happy he could do a procedure in office. I’m hoping it doesn’t come to that.

It is now 1 year since my first surgery that left...

It is now 1 year since my first surgery that left me with lumps and bumps on my throat. Two weeks ago I had a new Plastic Surgeon,( Dr. Martin English) in Ft. Worth do a neck lift and revision. He did a fantastic job and my neck already looks great. The swelling and bruising are almost completely gone already. He had a lot of work to do to repair the damage from my liposuction surgery done last year that left me with a lot of scar tissue, an incision made in the wrong place and sunken areas on my throat from taking too much fat out. My only regret is, I didn't go to Dr. English the first time around. He's professional, extremely talented, great bedside manner and caring. If I could I would give him 10 stars! Even though it cost me more money it was worth it because I can finally hold my head up high again and not feel deformed!! I will try and post a few pictures in a week or two with the results.

Beware of Dr. Walter Sorokolit in Ft. Worth, TX

The time has come for me to let everyone know about Dr. Walter Sorokolit in Ft. Worth, TX. I don’t want anyone else to go through this experience. I went to Dr. Sorokolit over a year ago for a face and neck lift procedure. I have written about my experience with him, but never revealed his name. I was very skeptical at that time to reveal who did my surgery in the hopes he would make things right. It appears he could care less. I asked for a refund several times for the neck lift he never performed, but in his words “we don’t do that here”. Evidently he’s only good at taking a person’s money and not preforming the procedure. It took him 9 months to admit he never did the procedure to begin with! After asking him for a refund for the neck lift I paid for, he offered to “ do a neck lift at no charge” but I would be responsible for the hospital and anesthesia unless we could get Medicare to pay for it under a false claim. I wanted no part of defrauding Medicare. This past January 2013 I paid another surgeon (Dr. Martin English) for a neck lift and to try to correct what Dr. Sorokolit messed up terribly. Unfortunately Dr. Sorokolit is in his 80’s and in my opinion no longer capable of preforming face and neck lift surgery. Anyone looking for a good plastic surgeon in the metro-plex of Dallas/Ft. Worth, I would certainly recommend Dr. Martin English. I will have to have more corrective surgery at the end of August with Dr. English to correct the "Sorokolit scars" that are still noticeable. I never thought this neck issue would carry on for a year and a half. Hopefully after August this issue will be finished and my neck will look like it should have in the beginning.
Dallas Plastic Surgeon

My experience with Dr. English was nothing like the first Dr. and I am very pleased with my results.

Why don't you take him to small claims court. You have his admission that he did not perform the procedure! Glad things are working out for you now!

Grammy, I am 49 and have the same issues: I had a neck lift for a very small issue. I am now left with a dent in my throat that pulls in when I swollow and extra skin that folds when I turn my neck. I would like to see Dr. English wherever he is. Would you please e-mail me his contact info, t****@aol.com. I would greatly appreciat it. I am soo glad that you are happy now with your neck. I too went to a very successful PS with a great name. I think a lof of surgeons get a great name for themselves by advertising on the net. My doctor refunded me a small amount for the procedure deducting fees anesthesia ....etc and then had me sign a paper I did not read at the time. It forbid me from discussing anything about the surgery in relation to him. So we can not believe reveiws since they pay off the bad reviewers they ruin. I had fat transferred by another surgeon to my neck but it did not work. I am afraid to have another surgery since how do we reallly know who is good or not. Since Dr. English helped you I know he is good. Thank you in advance. Lynn

Sorry, but your email address is hidden so I was not able to use that. Thank you for your inquiry and believe me when I say I'm very sorry to hear that you too had a bad result. I am just amazed at the number of women that have had bad plastic surgery results like ourselves. At this point I am less than 6 weeks post surgery. I still have a little scar tissue from my previous surgery that Dr. English is very cautiously trying to get to soften since it is pulling on my neck. This may need to be surgically removed in another month but this would be in his office and a simple procedure (at least he keeps assuring me of this). I have a lot of confidence that he will be able to get this corrected. I did not get any refund from my first doctor, so at least you got that much. Dr. English has 2 offices that I am aware of, one in Ft. Worth TX and the other in Dallas or possibly "Plano". If you Google him I'm sure you'll find his info. You're right about not believing reviews. The first Dr. I went to didn't have any bad reviews and a friend recommended him, although she went to him for a completely different procedure. I hope you're able to see Dr. English and I hope he can help your situation. Let me know if you are successful in doing so. God Bless, C
Hello Granbury, Thank you so much for your reply and the doctors name who helped you. I am having fat injected into my neck for the second time in late April to see if it will help. I am so afraid of another surgery :( If it doesn't work I will consult with Dr. English and see what he has to say. I have talked with 3 PS surgeons pluss the one who did the surgery and none of them think it is worth the risk to have the surgery re-done. It seems when you are messed up nobody wants to touch you and or they promise nothing as far as results go. I will post back after I have the second fat grafting done. It is hard to believe how a PS can mess things up so bad and then offer no explanation and pretty much throw you out the door. I had to pay a lot to get the fat transferred and probably will end up having to get the original surgery over again and hope for the best. All of this is very saddening. Thank you Grammy for posting your pictures and for your sincere help. Lynn
Hi Lynn, Dr English can be located here http://docenglish.com/ Good luck. I too, hope to be visiting Dr English to correct a really bad problem my PS left me with. Dr English has two offices. Dr. J. Martin English 6901 Snider Plaza Suite 250 Dallas, TX 75205 P: (214) 368-8844 F: (214) 368-3472 Dallas, Texas Location Park Cities Medical Plaza 6901 Snider Plaza Suite 140 Dallas, TX 75205 P: (214) 368-8844
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

What a nice surprise to hear you're doing better now! :) Kudos to you and Dr. English.

Thanks for the update. I'm glad you are happy. I will contact Dr English.
I also had a neck lift, AND a correction surgery for the problem similar to yours, and my neck is STILL a mess. All I can say is I may have been happy with my surgeon at the time, but as a few months went by, I was VERY DISAPPOINTED in my surgeon and the results of my neck lift which just continues to drop and drop. I now have to go back for a THIRD surgery, but am afraid to put my trust in another surgeon. SAD. I hope your problem can be corrected.
To be honest we (my husband & I) went to 3 different PS. This time we asked them to explain exactly what they would do to correct the situation, show us in detail where incisions would be and etc. One of the doctors I went to for a second opinion was to my surprise a friend with the first PS! He basically told me I got what I paid for! I said thanks I don't think I need your services!. As it turned out we decided to visit Dr. English because my husband had a procedure on his cheek a few years ago to have a cancer spot removed. Dr. English was the PS that stitched him up and to this day you can not tell where the surgery was. I wish I had just gone to English in the beginning but a good friend recommended the first PS and I thought he had a lot of qualifications and experience(big mistake). I think once we talked with Dr. E. we both knew immediately he was the one. Thank you so much for your responds.
I am sooo happy for you. How did you find Dr English? How did your search for the right doctor differ second time around?
I've recieved a lot of comments in the past few months and I would like to thank each of you that sent me encouraging words. When going through something like this it's easy to feel you're the only one. In the last 2 months I have gone to see 3 plastic surgeons (yes THREE). The consensus with all three was, I never recieved the neck lift I paid for, only liposuction under the chin area. On top of that I got a short S face lift (which amounts to a mini facelift) and not the traditional face lift as we discussed during consultation. As the swelling has subsided I'm left with an indentation and a lot of lose skin on my throat area which is very unsightly. When my husband and I paid a visit to the PS office I requested a refund and it was denied, even after I told him I no longer feel comfortable with him doing anymore surgery on me. He did say he would do the neck lift at no charge, but I would have to pay hospital and anesthesa cost. We decided there was NO way he would be operating on me again. I have since made arrangements to have another plastic surgeon fix this after the new year, even though I will be out thousands of dollars once again. I really appreciate those of you that recommended getting second optinions. I now feel deceived by the whole proceedure. What's really disturbing is I did my homework and went to a very reputable plastic surgeon.
I've recieved a lot of comments in the past few months and I would like to thank each of you that sent me encouraging words. When going through something like this it's easy to feel you're the only one. In the last 2 months I have gone to see 3 plastic surgeons (yes THREE). The consensus with all three was, I never recieved the neck lift I paid for, only liposuction under the chin area. On top of that I got a short S face lift (which amounts to a mini facelift) and not the traditional face lift as we discussed during consultation. As the swelling has subsided I'm left with an indentation and a lot of lose skin on my throat area which is very unsightly. When my husband and I paid a visit to the PS office I requested a refund and it was denied, even after I told him I no longer feel comfortable with him doing anymore surgery on me. He did say he would do the neck lift at no charge, but I would have to pay hospital and anesthesa cost. We decided there was NO way he would be operating on me again. I have since made arrangements to have another plastic surgeon fix this after the new year, even though I will be out thousands of dollars once again. I really appreciate those of you that recommended getting second optinions. I now feel deceived by the whole proceedure. What's really disturbing is I did my homework and went to what I thought was a very reputable plastic surgeon.
You have my sincere sympathy having to live with this terrible result. I am going through a bad result myself, so I can understand your dismay.
I had the ame after my mid face/neck lift. After 3 months of massaging and a few injection it disasppeared completely!

How are you doing now, Granbury grammy? I hope things have turned out okay for you. Please update us when you can.

I hope it turns out for you, but I don't think I'd let your original doctor do anything. Can you get your money back or sue him? Go to another doctor. I understand you wanting to let the first one take care of it for 'free', but he didn't do it right the first time. What's to say he will the second or third...? Good luck.
NHaven, thank you. Yes, I've read her post recently. The more I read the more I have my doubts about letting him (PS) do anymore touch up work. I'm afraid I'd be sorry in the end. As it stands right now my neck is greatly improved, but I'm still discussed that I didn't get the neck lift I paid for. I plan to post a couple more pictures in a few days. Thanks again for your concerns.
I'm in the same boat as you. I would not go back to the same surgeon, but would do some homework and research to find a surgeon who can correct the problem. It is scarey that we put our trust in these surgeons and we get these kind of results.

Check out Carey1932 on this site. Her story is a little different than yours but it sounds like what your doctor wants to do as a "quick fix" in the office. Thinking of you. Don't worry, though, your scar tissue and neck can be fixed by the right doctor.

Tell Carey not to do a 'quick fix'. Find another surgeon. I'm having to go for a 3rd surgery to correct the mess up of my neck.
It does look like blood collected under your chin and scar tissue developed. The scar tissue can be removed from the chin incision site but doesn't address that you will have more loose skin on the neck that the doctor didn't tighten in the first place. My plastic surgeon did me the same disservice. After 3 months he redid the lift and did the neck from incisions into the hair line like he should have in the beginning. But, since it was a second procedure it was a botch job. I'm not sure it's possible to pull skin off the neck without opening some other original face lift sites. I would definitely get a second opinion before letting this guy do some quick fix in the office. I wish I had. After the fact, 3 consults said my neck was "over-done" and cannot be fixed. I'm left with bulging and banding and constant pain. Looks worse than my "before". Get another opinion first!
THANK YOU SO MUCH! I've been wondering and worried all along if that's what would happen if I let him do (a quick fix as you stated) in the office. I'm so glad you commented on this, as this is just what he's suggested he could do. I couldn't help but wonder if I would look "pulled up and tight" afterward. I will surely get another opinion! My next appt. is next week and I will see at that time what my PS has to say about all this (again)! Thank you again for your comments you have helped more than you know you and may just have saved me more heart ache!
Hi NHaven,
I've been reading your responds to my post on Real Self once again and I thought I'd give you an update and ask you what you think. As I read your post again I feel so sorry for you. I know how heart breaking it is, believe me. I sure hope your neck will continue to improve as time goes on. Just when was your revision surgery?
I recently went back to my PS for a check up. He looked at my face (that turned out good) and neck and said he thought it was coming along nicely. I looked at him and asked him if he really thought my neck looked nice! That's when he said lay back and let me take a closer look. I told him I was still not happy with the way it looked even though it has improved, it's not like it should be and asked if I needed a revision. he said "yes, I think we should probably do that when ever you're ready". I had taken a picture in from his website that shows the exact incisions for a neck and face lift and after showing it to him I asked why my incisions were not the same. His reply was "there are different ways to do a neck lift and I was trying to save you some scaring". So now he's proposing we can "simply" remove the scar tissue under the chin, make a few cuts around each ear and into the hair line to take up the skin that is still lose on the neck area. All this in the office with just a few shots to numb the area! I've had nightmares almost every night thinking about it! I told him about your experience and that you were worse than before and I surely didn't want that to happen. He just said "oh my". I intend to get another opinion for sure, but as I was looking for a "Revision PS" in our area his name came up as one of the best. (He has been in business 40 yrs. and is certified.) A friend of mine went to him for a scar revision after she had major surgery and it let her with huge scars. She was happy with him and that's how I came upon him in the first place. My question to you: What questions should I ask to be sure who ever does this that it will turn out good?? I'm just so confused about all this and really stressed. Please, what's your advise to me? How do I know who the best surgeon is to do the revision? Anything you can tell me will help!
Take care and wish you the best in your recovery.
Cheryl
no, no quick fix in his office. He sounds like he cuts corners. Not good.