It's Time for a New Me! - Fort Worth, TX

Hello all. I am a 36 year old mom with an 11 year...

Hello all. I am a 36 year old mom with an 11 year old son and finally decided after years with this body that enough is enough! I found this website months ago and have been kinda cyber-stalking everyone since. I have read and re-read all of the stories and testaments so many times I feel like I know everyone. So I decided to write and log my own story, like the other brave women here, in the hopes that I can help other women through this. I can't begin to tell you how much comfort I've found here and have actually cried several times to discover that there are so many others out there who feel exactly like I do about their bodies and this whole process.

A little background: Before I had my son I was thin and very athletic. Although I was in a size 6/7 I weighed in at 155 (all that muscle, right?!). Like so many of you know, after having a baby my body has NEVER recovered or been the same. I realize that I may never be teeny tiny again and I'm really okay with that. I'm not concerned with the number on the scale because I've always been heavier than I look. I do, however, want my self-confidence back....along with the ability to wear a strapless bra (or strapless anything for that matter). And I would like to sit and look down and see anything other than this nasty tummy and muffin top!!

I'm 5'5" and currently at 175. I'm in a size 14 but am pretty sure I would be a 10 or 12 without this tummy (PS agrees). My mommy makeover is scheduled for the 10th (this Tuesday!!!) and I'm very excited and find myself getting extremely nervous. I'm having a breast lift with augmentation along with a full tummy tuck and lipo of the flanks. When I went for my initial consult my biggest fear was that the PS would take one look at me and tell me to lose another 50 pounds first. But to my surprise he said I didn't need to lose another ounce for this procedure to make a dramatic difference in my appearance. He also said I was the perfect candidate for a mommy makeover and he believes I will look like a completely new woman (he must be referring to the woman I know I am on the inside)!

So I'm so excited and really can't wait and at the same time feel so unprepared. It seems like I spent so much wishing it would get here that I didn't notice when it snuck up on me. I would appreciate any advice or supply lists you gals have. I have found tons of stuff on here so far (thank you ladies) but would love it all to be in one place and easy to locate. I plan to log my entire journey and will post the horrible and beyond embarrassing before pics as soon as I can figure out how and get comfortable navigating around this site as a reviewer and not just a reader anymore! Thanks in advance for anything anyone wants to share!

So tomorrow's the big day and I'm freaking out! I...

So tomorrow's the big day and I'm freaking out! I think I have everything done and ready, I just wish this horrible fear would go away. Like everyone else I've read about, I am terrified that I won't wake up after being out for so long. I've been hugging my son a lot the past couple of days and have even cried a time or two. Silly, I know, but I just can't help it. Anyway, I hope all you ladies are hanging in there and recovering nicely. Feels like it's gonna be a very long night.......

Well??? Where's the rest of the journey?
How is everything girl? Hope you are doing okay with your recovery.
How are u feeling?? Been thinking of u and hoping everything is going good for u!
My thoughts are with you. You'll be fine!!! It is so rare for things to go wrong - you are more at risk on the road going to the surgeon's office! Anethesia is so safe these days. It's one of the area that medicine has made great safety leaps! Even the stuff the vet uses is safer now than it was 10 years ago. Just do your part and make it to the appointment, and trust them to do the rest.

Yay! I'm so glad you decided to share YOUR story with us, too. You're going to notice a huge difference in your body after this and I'm looking forward to following your journey.