22; 38DDD; 8 Days to Itty Bitty Titty Committee! - Fort Wayne, IN

Good Morning! Well I have been researching this...

Good Morning!
Well I have been researching this surgery and I stumbled across this site, and it has really been helpful, so I figured why not sign up and help others out.
My surgery is 8 days from now, I am excited and nervous all in one.
I have been to many consultations and Dr apt over a 4 year span, and finally I gave everyone the green light to get this rolling in April/May, its June and Im schedualed to have my surgery! It has all been luck that this worked out as smooth as it possibly could. I have, of course, been fighting with insurace but thats nothing new.
As I stand right now, I have a seperate room (upstairs) set up and waiting my my packet from the hospital to give me final instructions.
This is a short list of what I bought to prepare myself and make a quick healthy recovery.
--Miderma Advanced and Miderma SPF, Palmer's Vitamin E Oil (massaging), SPF 110 (i do not want my scars to turn purple, esp bc its the middle of summer!), Hibiclens (antimicrobacterial soap) straws, sprite/ginger ale, perscription meds, ice cream, popsicles, soup, 10 pillows, movies, books, blogging!, anything to keep your self entertained!
I can say I am super nervous about this, def because it is my first surgery, I am excited to see a whole new side of me I never knew was possible, and get tension and pain off my neck/back.
I will post again when I recieve my packet to let you guys know what all is in there!
Best wishes to Everyone!

Happy Friday!

Well, no packet yet. I did get a call from the surgery center a couple nights ago, and they did their questionaire over the phone, like do you have heart problems, diabeties, lung, kidney, breathing problems ect. They did mention that they will put a patch behind my ear when I get in the recovery room to help calm nausea. They also said wear a zip up jacket and shorts or sweatpants, no jeans or any thing that goes over my head, they also asked me to bring a clean pair of socks to wear during the operation, thought that was a little weird.
I will post pictures this weekend of my before and at the end of the week next week when i go into surgery.
Im mostly writing this at work to pass the time by bc its a slow week, but I will post a ton of before and after pictures and everything thats going on.
This weekend is gonna be a busy one, I made a huge list of things that need to be done around the house so I can recover in peace and know the house is atleast clean.
I hope that my reviews are helpful and if anyone has questions about what I did for insurance and FMLA please feel free to comment and ask. I know theres not alot going on with my blog until I have surgery. But for all of you on this site God Bless You, I feel amazing going into this journey bc I feel like im right beside all of you that post your journeys on this page. Thank you for reading and Ill post pics this weekend! Have a blessed weekend and a wonderful fathers day!

Before Pictures

We'll I am 2 days away from surgery and I'm still having a hard time kicking cigs, prayers everything goes good!

2 Days left..

Well Im 2 days away from surgery.. getting a little anxious now and more sick to my stomach. Its gonna be worth it and I cant wait to see the results and changes in my life.
As of right now I am only taking this thursday and friday off and also next monday and tuesday. I hope 6 days is enough to atleast get me back to work.
The room is set up, and pillows are in place. I think my puppy knows something is going to happen bc he has been cuddling with me and putting his head by mine alot. I am excited to get it done but i dont think it has completely set in yet. I cant believe it is actually happening, and I cant wait to see the end results. I will be taking pictures when I get into the surgery center, hopefully when they mark me up and after wards. I probably will not be posting the morning of my surgery but when i get home and if im awake I will post what it was like and the pictures i was taking. Fingers crossed. I have to be in fort wayne at 6am, so i have to leave my house by 4:30, its a good hour and 15 min drive.
I will post later on today my wish list pictures. I am a 38DDD wanting to go down to a full C-Cup, I really dont want to be a D anymore.
Thank you all for letting me rattle on and share my journey with all of you and thank you for sharing yours with me, it has helped out tremendously!
Best wishes to everyone and fingers crossed for me! :)

Out of surgery

We'll I got out of surgery about 11:30am and went in around 8am
It went smooth and easy. They gave me my IV, hooked me up to my monitors, and I got to talk to the surgeon and anesthesiologist and the Dr marked me up. I love the work my Dr did and all the nurses that helped it was a quick painless procedure! I remember the nurse saying she was gonna put some meds in my IV to calm me down and I got real dizzy and that's all I remember, I don't remember leaving my recovery room where I got set up. I woke up with no sickness, they gave me meds through my IV and also a patch that lasts up to 72 hrs behind my ear. I was up and out of there by 2 and home by 3.
I was a little groggy and I just took a pain pill, the numbing cream is starting to wear off.
I have been up walking around every hour and in minimal to no pain.
I will post more tomorrow. :) so excited!

1 day post-op

We'll it's my one day after surgery, having a hard time sleeping, I take my pain meds every 4 hours, sleep for 2 and am awake for 2 before I take my pill again. Swollen and very sore, bleeding bc of the numbing cream but overall better than I thought it would be. Can't take a shower until Monday night, so I'm sponge bathing for now. I'm keeping a lot of ice on them, not directly on the skin, but it seems to work better than the pain meds, the meds just make me sleep.
Glad to see my puppy has calmed down and is laying beside me, I have had lots of support and I'm excited to see how it heals and to share my experience with you guys!
I'm gonna take a nap and I will be back on here tomorrow to share more!

2 days post-op

We'll it is Saturday, I am 2 days post op and I haven't taken any bandages off or anything yet, Monday night I am supposed to be able to take the bandages off and take a shower for the first time.
Ice has become my best friend. I am trying my best to do minimal to nothing, I just hate sitting in bed all day. The pain meds I was perscribed are ok, they take a small amount of edge off but mostly just help me sleep.
My left breast I am having more pain out of than my right, I had my fb look under my bandages and it is crusting on the left side and looks more sore.
I can't wait until they heal. Still a little dizzy if I'm up for too long, but the pain is moderate and tolerable just very uncomfortable. I will post more Monday when I can take the bandages off!

Sore sore..

A little more sore tonight

The itching is killing me!

I'm 3 days post-op and I itch soooo bad! My under stitches itch! The rest feels sore and swollen and still pretty hard. They look good, perky, and I'm excited to see them completely done. I'm still taking pain meds, and switched to tylonol PM to sleep. Still going back to work for a half day Wednesday, I feel good just get dizzy and tired quick.

Pictures!

Feeling sore and tired today, but better than I was yesterday. Tonight is the night I can finally take a real shower and take my dressings off and change them. They look all mangled to me but they are healing perfect, I go back to the dr Wednesday afternoon. Hope everyone has a blessed week!
Dr. Shambaugh

I had an amazing experience and I am extremely pleased overall. I am only one day post-op but I love how caring and nice everyone was. My Dr was amazing and made me feel really comfortable, he even took my boyfriend into an office while I was sleeping in the recovery room and talked to him about everything. I can't wait to have them heal and see how they look!