Glad About Reduction Sad About Scars - Fort Washington, MD

I had breast reduction surgery in 10/2012. I...

I had breast reduction surgery in 10/2012. I suffered through necrosis and am now with a thick black scar underneath. I have never been one to be self conscious about my body even when I clearly had one breast larger than the other. psychologically I am having a hard time dealing with this. My Dr. Does perform scar enhancement surgeries on the regular, however he wants to charge me 3,000.00 to repair the scar. Am I the only one who feels that he should make concessions, considering he is the one who performed my surgery. He is telling me that it was the way I healed. If I was to get the scar enhanced it would heal better because my body is not going thru so much trauma as with the reduction. Please comment and give me feedback (good bad or indifferent) so I can look at this in a different aspect. All i see is that he wants to keep wearing his tailored shirts and monogrammed French cut sleeves.

Thank you for starting your review in the community.  I hope you find the support and connections you need.

I would think that he should give you some concession.