Soooo Amazed! - Fort Thomas, KY

I am a 39 year old wife and mother of 3 from...

I am a 39 year old wife and mother of 3 from Northern KY. I have always been somewhat self conscious about the spacing issues with my front teeth. People are so nice and say... but that's what gives you character etc... it makes YOU, YOU. Although, all very nice and all, I still always felt like my teeth had too big of a gap. I will say in my 20's the gap was not that noticable at all! I am finding that as I get older my teeth are shifting further apart to the point where I need direct intervention right away. In 2010, I went to a wonderful dentist here in my area who happens to be in the top 1% provider of Invisalign. At that time the cost was a little too much so I patiently saved here and there and alas was able to go back to see him May 2012. He actually remembered me from 2010 (because his brother was one of my high school teachers) and to my surprise he kept the price the same as he quoted me in 2010! What a great guy... I wasn't expecting that and I will be forever grateful for his generosity!

I wanted to share an updated picture of how my...

I wanted to share an updated picture of how my teeth are coming together. I am now on Tray 18 of 26 and things are going great! I couldn't be happier with my progress and ease of use of Invisalign, I have settled into a routine. I can honestly say I would be happy with the way my teeth look right now if I stopped treatment, I am that pleased! I have just 4 months to go so I won't dare do that but just sayin...
This is the best investment I have ever done in myself and I would highly recommend Invisalign to anyone who is on the fence about it. It is well worth every penny and my confidence has definately received a boost that I will be forever thankful to Invisalign for. It has changed my life :)

Added a pic for Tray 21... all is going well. I...

Added a pic for Tray 21... all is going well. I feel like I am at the home-stretch! Oh and I have 28 trays (not 26 as I previously stated) I saw that when I got my last trays out of the plastic wrapping it says 28 not 26 LOL oh well ... at this point whats 4 more weeks! I smile wayyy more now, it must be the confidence in that my teeth look decent enough. I received such great comments from my extended family on Easter about how nice my teeth are looking so I was way happy that day, along with the wine, I was smiling ALOT!

Here I am, 1 year later...

As I am ending my Invisalign experience I wanted to add a picture of my last "official" tray... I am now moving into the Refinement stage as my dentist calls it. This is where he removes my buttons and takes a new set of scans for 3 additional trays which he states will perfect everything and pull it all together. I am completely happy with my results as it looks now but he insist there is room for improvement! I am so thankful that I made this decision 1 year ago and honestly, time flies... life and things happen and before you realize it all your hard work and commitment to Yourself/Invisalign pays off! I have no regrets.
Florence Orthodontist

Dr Terry Gruelle is extremely talented, very personable and an all around nice guy. He has 2 offices in Northern KY, one in Florence and the other in Ft Thomas. I have been to both offices and the staff is always so upbeat and happy! The atmosphere is hopping and you can feel the positive vibes when you walk through the doors.

I'm glad everything turned out! Your results look great.
Thanks Charlene, I just read your review and I applaud your commitment and diligence in doing it right for the best results! I agree that if you are going to do it... do it 110% ALL IN :) I can see a big difference in your smile already so it's only going to get better and better. The expander treatment before Invisalign was a great choice and really shows your dentist's skill and commitment to you! I can see 8 teeth showing in your smile now, as opposed to 5-6 before you started! That is amazing and I had no idea the expander treatment was even possible?! Keep up the good work and you'll be finished in no time... your teeth are shaped really great so your outcome should be phenomenal not to mention they are so white! What kind of whitener did your dentist give you? I am going to ask for it on my next visit on the 10th... LOL
Thanks! I'm pretty sure the whitener is 10% carbamide peroxide. It works wonders with 1 use and kind of makes you wonder how bad your teeth looked before hand haha.
Your teeth are looking great. They'll be absolutely perfect by the time you're finished.
Awe Thank YOU! You just made my day! LOL It's dark and raining here in Northern Kentucky, USA and I was dragging myself into work this Monday morning thinking YUK what a dreary day... until I saw your post :) Thank you for the kind words! Your teeth look absolutely amazing and I love the pointy canines... for real, I think if gives your smile character...and your teeth are soooo white! They look amazing!
You can always get care credit, you don't have to pay all money together. What about your insurance?
hi Bitter1 - can I ask are you still finding them ok? Ive been thinking about it for over a year now - my front teet have a gap that seems to be pretty much the same size as yours. do you feel they are very noticable when they are in or not? x
Hi Brinkleydaizy, I would say 100% yes I am very pleased with the way the aligners look when they are in... in fact I went to a graduation party this past saturday where I saw alot of people that I hadn't seen in a while and no one noticed I had them in at all! Honestly, no one even noticed... they are definately the best investment in myself I have done thus far! It's really exciting to see my teeth come together I have a long way to go but I can already tell a difference. I say Go For It Brinkley you will not be disappointed and you'll be amazed at how many people don't even know you have braces on! I hope to hear from you soon and that you went for it! Good Luck to you
2nd Tray- on day 3 and all is going well BUT I noticed this tray was very tight and I had discomfort trying to sleep the first evening... my teeth seem to have settled in this tray and they are comfortable again. So I am going to mentally prepare myself for the next tray and expect the tightness and maybe take an Advil before bed time next!

Yeah, the advil is definitely not a bad idea. From what I can tell in the picture it looks like your front teeth are straigher, compared to the one that was slightly twisted to the side when you first started. Is that what you are seeing too? Moving right along!! :)

Advil is an anti-inflammatory, and during the process of moving teeth, Invisalign starts a controlled process of inflammation in the bone around the root so that it can resorb the bone, and allow the tooth to move. So I'd advise finding something that isn't an anti-inflammatory to relieve your pain, or discomfort.
Oh thanks Jakery, that makes sense! Thanks for letting me know that... I will switch to something else for discomfort going forward. I am fortunate to only feel temporary pressure when I switch to a new tray so I will definately keep that in mind when I switch to tray 3 on the 10th! thanks again
Yes Megan, I noticed that too and on this tray I felt the most pressure in the front so I think this tray is working on those front teeth! Hey thanks for noticing Megan and to boot... I have lost about 7 lbs since wearing the aligners! It's a win-win LOL! I find my snacking is wayyyy less because I dont want to take them out.
Day 3 with Aligners on and I just tried chewing a peice of gum (sugar free Orbit to be exact)... bad mistake! it stuck to my aligners and I had to go scrub them off with cold water. Yes, cold water works best if you happen to make the same mistake as I... LOL or maybe you read this and decide NOT to try it at all and save yourself the hassle I just went through! I thought for sure they said I could have sugar free gum... so I checked my paperwork and sure enough it says you can chew gum either Orbit or Stride? I assume they mean while your aligners are off and maybe the point is you don't have to brush before you put them back in? Anyway, I don't know BUT what I do know is that I won't do that again!

Oh no!! Glad you were able to get your aligners cleaned off! I think they probably did mean when the aligners are off, but I can see how you would assume they meant with them on since you have to wear them 22 hours a day.

I can't believe how much your gap has closed with just the first set of trays!! WOW!!

Looking forward to hearing more from you. :)

HA... I know right? Who chews gum for just a couple of minutes...? Anyway, I felt so foolish I didn't want to call the office to confirm so I am sure you are right :) as they say Lesson Learned. Awe thanks for noticing Megan that makes me feel happy! I plan on posting a picture at the end of each tray so I can see the progress in chronological order.
Hi Megan, what a great name... ;) my oldest daughter is named Megan too, I have always been fond of that name. Anyway, I just got my trays in yesterday and they are so comfortable! I am on day 2 today and all is well, I took some pics last night that I am going to put up here in a few minutes. As you can see I was really touched when the Dr said he kept the price the same for me, I wasn't expecting it so I was kinda shocked! that says alot because NOT much shocks me LOL... I am so grateful and looking forward to my journey to a great smile!

That is really cool that he kept the 2010 price for you, and it great that you are appreciative of it as well.

What stage are you at with your treatment? I'm assuming you are waiting on your trays to arrive??