My breast augmentation journey! - Fort Myers, FL

I've never loved my breasts and always considered...

I've never loved my breasts and always considered getting breast implants, but I didn't begin seriously looking into it until this year. In 2011 and 2012 I yo-yo dieted my way from 192 to 145 and back up to the 170s and down to the 140s and averaged at 155. Throughout this process I lost a lot of my volume and went from a 38 full B to a 36 barely B. At the start of 2013 I began eating healthy and exercising 5-6x a week and lost 20 pounds. And I lost what little bit of boobs I had left. I haven't been measured recently, but as you can see in the pics, I'm not even filling my 36 A bra.
I met with Dr. Garramone and his staff yesterday to discuss getting breast implants and decided today to go through with it and put down my deposit! Based on my initial appointment, I'm stuck between 300 and 350ccs. My main concern is going too big but I also don't want to be too small. He also mentioned that I could use a lift from yo-yo dieting my way down 60 pounds, but since I'm 23, I can wait until I have kids to do it. Also, because of the sagging he recommends dual plane placement. I still need to look into this more. Also, he said my breasts are too far apart and that he will need to work on it. I'm not sure what he will do, but if anyone has had a similar experience I'm all ears!
I'm 20, and I lost 70 pounds and I've kept it off for 2 years. My PS said I have to have a lift with my implants. Mine are shaped similar to yours. He explained if he put an implant in with the shape they are now, they won't look right, they will have a triangular shape. And he won't do a BA on me without a lift. I was devastated because I knew the cost would go up. But I'm doing it because I want perfection. Instead of $5,000 it's now $8,000. My doctor has been on Oprah, in multiple magazines and articles pertaining to BAs. So I know he's not trying to fool me. I would just strongly suggest you have a lift, yes the scarring will be a little worse but if its done right eventually they will fade away. Sorry, I don't want to dampen your excitement. :-(

Thank you for starting your journey on RealSelf! You may still want to get one or two more opinions just to make sure you feel 100% about the suggestions of your current PS. Did you discuss different "implant profiles" to also address the width and space between your breasts? Congratulations on your weight loss and healthier life style. How exciting to top it off with your breast surgery. Looking forward to your updates!

I decided against lift as the scaring is huge and I felt like I could always do In the future when Im older . I have also gone from 100-200 in weight back and forth with pregnancy so understand how it affects the breast tissue . Dr said that if I wanted a lift after would be a easy to fix in future but I like how my breast look I feel they look natrual :)

Surgery was today

Had my breast augmentation today at 8am. Everything went well, but I woke up from the procedure in very bad pain :( I took a pain pill and zofran when I got home but still ended up vomiting a lot! I was afraid it would hurt my chest but surprisingly it didn't. I've had a very dry mouth and have been unable to stay asleep for more than 10 minutes because I start choking on the dryness. Aside from all of that, I'm very happy with the size and the way they look :) hoping to sleep well tonight!
happy healing! keep us updated. wish u well :)
Thank you! :)
It's okay, I appreciate your input! :)

Day 2

BA was yesterday.. I actually slept okay last night. I woke up after 2 hours without too much pain and then decided to set an alarm to wake up every 2 hours to move around in hopes of preventing morning boob. I only slept 6 hours but no morning boob! :) I'll probably keep doing that for the week! As for today, I'm in more pain than yesterday :( and the pain medication is making me very woozy and nauseated. Zofran didn't help prevent vomiting yesterday so I've given up on it! I'm loving my new boobs though and can't wait until I can move around more and wear some of my cute tops!
Frozen peas and frozen corn are your friends!!!

Day 3

I got to shower today. I thought that I would die without showering for 2 days but I really didn't even notice. Today was much better pain wise than yesterday, but now I seem to have more back pain than anything. I've been using a heating bad and that seems to help a bit! Also, my incisions have been stinging a lot today. I cut down on pain pills too because they were making me super loopy. Everything seems to be going well, my only concern is new numbness on the top of my right breast. Is this normal?
              congrats
Haha thank you, I've been using frozen blueberries!

Day 5

Nothing too new.. Breast pain is pretty much gone (2 out of 10) but lots of back pain! Update pic with my new bra I got with my VS $10 off card.. Wasn't gonna let that sucker expire!

Post op on 8/27

Had my post op appointment on Tuesday! Nothing too exciting happened really, just had my stitches removed and was shown a massage to do for 5 minutes, twice a day! I've been feeling a lot better too. I have no pain except one area on my right breast. I've been lifting more and doing everything with just mild discomfort. My biggest struggle has been sleeping on my back! For the past 3 nights I've been waking up on my side, oops! I'm still wearing the strap over my breasts, until Monday. I have a major job interview and going back to the gym on Tuesday to do basic cardio, can't wait!
You look great! What size did you end up getting? I wish I would've went a little bigger sometimes, but it's so nice to have NO padded bras! My Dr. told me post op that the size I wanted "didn't fit"...maybe a revision down the road for me lol
Thank you! :) I ended up with 350s which is really 339 for the company. I'm starting to wish I went a little bigger too! Haha
They look the right size. I want the same

5 weeks post op

Hard to believe it's been 5 weeks already! Everything's going well! Happy to be exercising again! I'm doing everything as usual, just postponing racquetball for a few more weeks! And still sleeping with a bra on!
You look perfect! I lost weight too and of course it's all in the boobs :( thank goodness for implants!
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Great doctor, so far I feel like my breasts look much better than I expected!