46 Year Old Male - Fort Myers, FL

I am a 46 year old male in very good shape having...

I am a 46 year old male in very good shape having been in sports and lifting since my high school days. No matter what I have done, or how clean my diet, I can not get rid of the tire around my stomach. I am lean everywhere but there. It isn't horrible, but given the effort I put in, I was simply tired of seeing it. As such, I decided to give CoolScupting a try.

I am only 11+ days from the procedure but thought I'd describe it so far.

I had three area's done, upper and lower ab, and love handles. I had all areas done on the same day. I won't rehash what others have said about the procedure itself. It wasn't painful, but it wasn't just a walk in the park either. I had some discomfort. Nothing I'd call horrible, but you know that it's there and it feels a little weird. I can say that I bruised horribly, but I am prone to bruising. If I bump into something I get a bruise so I was pretty sure that I'd get it.

Day 1 to 3 were fine. I actually slept pretty good the first night. I was very swollen and red. Like I said, I could already see the bruising coming through after just a few hours and end of day 3 was most pronounced. Bruises are shaped like the suction device.

Day 4 and 5 weren't painful, but felt awkward, if that makes sense. The area's treated just feel weird. Not painful, just not normal. No sensation. Numb to the touch. Clothing feels weird. Touching the areas feels like when your foot is mildly asleep. Not sharp pins and needles, but certainly not normal. Still rather swollen. Bruises very dark, especially on my hips.

6-9 - YIKES! Same as days 4 and 5. Swelling still evident. Bruises starting to subside, especially on belly. Hips still pretty dark bruises but areas of them are starting to fade. Late day, early evening on day 6 I started to get a sharp cramping sensation. Itching. Pain. Stinging. Not in my hips, only my lower abdomen. I didn't have the single large device many claim is the culprit for this but the two smaller ones so at least for me that can't be the cause. It is not horrible but very uncomfortable. I relented and started taking Aleve even though my doctors office said to avoid anti-inflammatory drugs. No help. Didn't even dull it. Pain is maybe a 4 out of 10 but is CONSTANT. Only thing I found to help was laying on my back with a cold pack on my belly. Soldiered through till day 8. On day 8 I was tired from not sleeping good for two nights and the pain is literally 24 hours a day so I called my doctors office and they prescribed pain meds. Finally, a little relief. Didn't make it go away completely but made it much more tolerable.

Days 10 and 11 are going quite a bit better. Still aching in my lower abdomen but nowhere near the pain days 7-9 so it is letting up. Don't need the pain meds but there is still a tinge of constant ache that lets me know what's going on. Still feel very swollen (just the stomach area) and hope that starts to go down soon. Bruising is all but gone. Only traces are on my hip area but they are very faint. Now I wait and hope the money and the discomfort are worth it.
hang in there, it gets better. Pain is gone by day 14

Days 12 to 15

Days 12 to 15 have been much smoother. 98% of the pain is gone. Only a slight twinge now and then but nothing like days 7 through 9. Swelling has also gone down but I still feel very bloated in the abdominal region. Don't know if I'd say bloated, but the area still seems enlarged and "hard" to the touch. It's hard to describe almost like there is a ridge or hard hard pockets under the skin where the treatment was done. It is obviously where the frozen cells were located so I imagine it is them slowly waiting to be disposed of by my body. Skin is becoming responsive to touch but it is still a very awkward feeling. No longer numb, but almost like you realize you're scratching but can only slightly feel it, if that makes sense.

I have been back in the gym since day 4 and on day 14 I was able to start jumping rope again. When I jump, I can definitely feel the ab regions that were treated. It isn't pain, more of a mild discomfort when the hard regions "bounce". It's not enough to keep me from doing it, but not able to jump with the gusto I usually do.

As far as results? Having been so swollen, the simple fact that aspect is subsiding makes my stomach look smaller than what I have been seeing for the past two weeks. I can't say at this point that I see any real improvement to the areas treated but obviously it is WAY to early to expect big results. My diet is good and my exercise plentiful. If I don't get the desired results it won't be because of a lack of exercise or good diet. I'll update again in a few days.
I'm and scheduled for this procedure on chest and abdomen area next month so please continue to keep me posted with your progress; it will be very helpful evaluate my decision to proceed. Wondering if results are worth the paid and discomfort.
Will do. My fingers are crossed. My doctor told me I'd be happy. Let's hope they're right.
Ugh! At my consultation I was told that if I want a tight flat stomach I should do a tummy tuck. I can do CoolSculpting but it won't be tight and flat. I'm so torn on what to do .

Days 16 to 19

Pain is completely gone for all normal activities. Only time I can feel it is when I jump rope. Aches a little but nothing major. Feeling in abdominal region is returning. Still a strange sensation when I touch the area, or scratch, but not as pronounced as it was before. Still feel kind of bloated around the middle. Can't tell if this is still some swelling? Just not sure. As far as results, still way early into the process if it can take 3-4 months for full results. I kind of think my love handles are not as pronounced, but definitely can't say for sure. At this point it will be a waiting game but still hoping for the best.

Days 20 to 35

Not much new to report. I am training hard, eating very well and honestly, I cannot say that I am seeing any big improvements. In fairness, I didn't do my own pictures at home and seeing myself everyday maybe I am not noticing the subtle changes. I should have on day one but since they did them at the doctor, I did not. Maybe I'd be seeing it then, or will when I go back at the 3 month followup. Clothes are fitting a little better but that could also be from the swelling being gone as well as my strict eating habits and exercise and dropping a few pounds through that effort. As they told me, it can take 3 to 4 months to see full results. As such, I can't give it a thumbs up, or down at this point. I am a little worried as by now I thought I would see more. I hope I didn't spend $3500 for nothing.
I'm just wondering... did you prepay for a second round of sessions? That's expensive for just 4 areas!
Bonita Springs Oculoplastic Surgeon

Britten at Azul Spa handled my procedure. Overall no complaints. No review at this time. Want to wait and see how it all pans out.