Damon Braces Are Great - Fort Mcmurray, AB

So, I got braces on May 10th, 2012. It now being a...

So, I got braces on May 10th, 2012. It now being a little more than six months later, my teeth have drastically changed. They're for the most part straight, gaps now just need to be closed. I have the metal Damon system and my teeth weren't that bad to begin with, but my bottoms were very crowded and caused a lot of discomfort when eating.

I am sixteen, which I know is a little late for braces but I did change my mind and I am so glad that I did! I personally feel that my teeth look so much nicer and I am happy with the results so far. (I do know that adult braces are now more popular and I am all for it)!

I've been a little sore, with wire changings and such but that passed within a few days. I about a week ago have gotten hooks for elastics and at first I was very confused about how to put them on and I went back and my orthodontist actually showed me a way to speed up the process which I thought was great. Now I'm a bit more used to the elastics.

I wear one from my bottom left molar to my top left canine tooth all day and night, then at night I also have to do the same thing on the other side and also one from my bottom left canine to my top right canine. That one hurts the most, my bottom teeth and my top teeth don't exactly align Npand I've noticed even after only a week of wearing this my teeth have changed.

My orthodontist gave me a maximum year and a half with them, but when I went in the last time he told me that I'd probably only see him three more times and they'd be off by the end of February! That's nine months early! I am so excited about this, you have no idea.

Pros
- super fast
- not much pain
- didn't stain, in fact my teeth appeared whiter than before!

Cons
- gave me a slight lisp
- can be a pain to clean properly

Sorry that this was super long! If you have any questions I'd be happy to help you!

(Just a side note, my ortho gave about a five percent discount off patients who paid all the money upfront, so they were about 5100 I believe).

Dr. Kelly Brook

He is very polite and answers all of my questions with as much detail as possible, even if I see him out and about around town he says hi and asks about my braces which I find nice. I get into my appointments quickly and don't have to wait long.

Holy moly, if you could get your braces off even 3 months early that would be great, but 9 months - wow!! I hope that your teeth continue to move along quickly so that can be the case for you.

I have to say, you must have been very diligent with your elastic wear to get that quick of movement. Good job!!

Please keep us updated on how things are going.

Does anyone have a recommendation for an orthodontist in NYC that works with the Damon system?