Permanent Make Up Begins 8/30/2010 - Fort Lauderdale, FL

I'm going to a reputable permanent make-up...

I'm going to a reputable permanent make-up artist. Yes, artist - her background is a make-up artist/esthetician. There was an article in the newspaper about her work. I met with my permanent make up artist - she discussed what I wanted, discussed procedure & downtime. Also, she did a patch test to check if I would have any reaction to the ink. I had a prescription filled for Acyvolir (Zovirax) since I'm doing my lips one concern is cold sores. I never had one but it was highly recommended that I take one before the procedure for prevention.

I did my research and it's very important you find someone who belongs to one of the associations in the field, a plastic surgeon recommends or someone who had it done & you like the results. The cost for my eyeliner (top & bottom) is $400.00 ea. The lip liner with blending is $800. This includes complimentary eyelash tinting and a follow up visit for any additional coloring/corrections.

I'm a little nervous and excited - this will take away the washed out look of a youthful 44 year old without having to go under the knife. I'll check in Monday afternoon to fill everyone on the procedure itself. Also, will post my before and after pictures...

Glad to hear everything turned out so well. Can't wait to see pics!

It's been almost a week and I'm totally amazed and happy with how my eyeliner and lips look! My lips are very dry and going throuch chapping. I have lip gloss that I put over my lipstick. Sometimes I put petroleum jelly on lips in the morning and at night. I love waking up in the morning with eyeliner & lipliner. I don't have to worry about my liners fading, bleeding or wearing out. I am very happy with the permanent makeup. I highly recommend Sarah Oliver in Fort Lauderdale, FL. She is online and you can look her up. I should have my photos to post when I see her for my perfecting session in October. I can't wait for my perfecting session next month. I want my upper eyeliner a little thicker. Also, there are some areas that need to touched up a little bit. Sarah believes it's best to start with less and she can do more at the perfecting session. Sarah's an artist!
DAY 3 & DAY 4: I stopped putting petroleum jelly on eyes on Day 3 - my eyes look great - no more swelling. My eyes are itching a little. My lips are still swollen on both Day 3 & 4. Day 3 i experienced a tingly, hot feeling. I took Tylenol PM to help me get comfortable. I was able to use a new lip gloss to see how my lips will look & they do look great! Day 4 my lips are very chapped some of the darker color parts are exfoliating.

I had a great consultation experience and felt very comfortable with permanent make up artist, credentials, cleanliness and location of office.