Excitement to Fear - Fort Lauderdale, FL

Well. after four months and three consulations...

Well. after four months and three consulations later, ive made a decision to go for it. I was sooo excited, and know feel fear. My doctor gave me a 4 page list of things that could go wrong, just to educate me, and probably to cover his butt, i would imagine! eheheh. My main concern is PAIN...i almost have to be sedated to get my teeth clean! I only have two weeks off work, and only one week of someone to be with me. Is that enough time, ya think?......thanks!
thinking to much, sue

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I am 54 year old mom of 4. Gained so much over the...

I am 54 year old mom of 4. Gained so much over the years, and lost most in the past 6 years. Planning on full TT. I only have two weeks off work, and i am a bit concerned that i will not be able to return within my alloted time off. I sit at a computer all day, so it isnt a strenuous job. Also, driving?.....i have kids that i need to get to and from school 8 days after surgery...am i asking for trouble with all these time frames? I only have help for the first 8 days too.....get discouraged. thoughts?

Sue, how old are your kids? And are you having a full tummy tuck with muscle repair?

I am 8 days post-op (FFT with MR), and if I HAD to, I could drive my 13&15 yr old boys to school. However, it is not a disirable thought. My husband was home with me until day 5 post-op, and I have managed just fine with what I need to do since he left for work. My kids help gopher as well LOL, and I have 2 reliable friends near by, that would aid me in a pinch.

I have also heard many people going back to their office jobs after 2 weeks...and again, if i HAD to, I think I could as well. (I have taken 4 wks off)

I am finding that tummy tuck recovery stories are as consistent as labour and delivery stories. Every one heals and deals differently... but I can almost promise you that it will not be as bad as you anticipate. I think that the fear is the worst part.

I am the biggest baby ever! I have been given Ativan and Valium for pain anxiety in previous "op" situations. My PS refused to prescribe and insisted it wasn't neccessary. I feared and cried endlessly, pre-op, for nothing.

Again, everbody is soooo different with pain and recovery, but I think you will be fine. Plenty of water, rest, and good foods. You have much time to prepare your body for a seamless recovery... and remember, your mind is so powerful.
I have heard from people on this site going back to work after two weeks (sitting down job). What I am worried about though is you only having help with your kids for 8 days after your surgery. I'm not sure the age but you should'nt be lifting for AT LEAST 4 weeks but better up to 6 weeks. Healing from this surgery is not a one week deal. It takes weeks, especially if your having your muscle repaired.