Just Started Invisalign :) - Fort Lauderdale, FL

Ok the Pros and the Cons so far:.. yesterday was...

ok the Pros and the Cons so far:.. yesterday was my first day of getting Invisalign.
Pros: *short office appointments, *clear and can't see them :) and *no restrictions on what you eat (as long as u take the trays out).
Cons: *very sore, but ibuprofen really helps. *knowing you CAN take them out but you are wasting your money if you don't keep them in 22 hours a day. *forgetting to put them back in after you eat. (not used to them yet) *the plastic edges cutting up or irritating your lips and inside of your mouth. oohhhh and my bite is weird right now and i can't close my mouth all the way.

I just had a major setback today....All weekend I could not close my mouth, ever since I got my invisaligns on Thursday. I thought maybe it was just me, maybe this was normal..wasn't sure. Sooo I called the ortho office next day, Friday at 12:30 and they had closed at noon, not to return until Monday. :( A very looong 3 days it seemed. So I went yesterday morning at 10:30, stopped right in, no appt and guess what??? Dr is on vacation for 2 weeks, systems were down and I could come back in a few hours as an emergency. OKKKKKK...came back in a few hours and they woman said, uh oh, this doesn't look right at all. Do not wear these, they are not right and will mess up your bite. We need to either file them down alot or send out for new ones. GREAT, SPECTACULAR! ohhh and i have to call back in a day, hopefully the systems are up and see a different dentist who will be on call, but not until next week. REALLY???? Not feeling a sense of competency here and thinking I should have went with the first orthodontist I looked into :(
Oh no thats terrible!! Hopefully they sort it out for you sooner rather than later so the rest of your treatment runs smoothly!

Love that you started your review right when you started your treatment!

Have you read the forum where other RealSelfers are talking about what they did to help with the sharp tray edges? Hopefully some of their tips will help you, and please add any other tips you come up with. :)

Help please - How do I deal with sharp tray edges?

Dr. Deborah Ferrer