I Felt Rushed and Unimportant - Fort Lauderdale, FL

Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Rating given to due to poor bedside manner, feeling rushed, and not having questions answered. I went to Dr. Richardson because a friend had recommended him and his office to me. I found out afterwards that they had never even dealt with Dr. Richardson directly and had actually never seen him, only his associates. I had my appointment with Dr. Richardson earlier this year to get some moles checked out. When I was called back into the examination room, I was asked to take off my shirt and Dr. Richardson would be in momentarily. Almost 15 minutes later, (while freezing in the room) Dr. Richardson comes in. He begins the exam by asking me why I've come in, which is already on the paperwork that I had filled out previously. I told him that I'd like to get some moles checked out along with a few other skin irritations. As he's doing the exam, he's not asking questions, and completely disregarding eveything that I'm saying to him. While in the middle of the exam, he finds it necessary to say "You're a perfect candidate for Body Sculpting." I felt that this was a little rude considering I was there to have moles looked at and not a consultation on any sort of body enhancements. Finishing up the exam, I point out a few moles/skin stuff that I have been concerned about, which again, he dismisses without any sort of explanation. Again, I felt rushed and unimportant, as if I was wasting his time. He recommended that I return a week later to the other office in Bayview to have two moles on my back removed, which I did. The procedure was not carried out by the Doctor himself, which was not an issue at all. I went back when the results came in and they told me that they had not gotten all of one of the moles out and that the results were "irregular". I asked exactly what the meant and they proceeded to tell me that it's "just irregular" and that I should not be worried. I was then asked if I'd like to have the "rest" of it removed right now or "just keep an eye on it." All in all, the experiences at both of these locations we sub-par, in my opinion, for a medical practice.

I didn't go back. Seems that the mole is just fine. I wouldn't go back to him if someone paid me to.

Sorry to hear you didn't feel well cared for. Did you opt to have the entire mole removed at the follow-up visit? Are things healing up ok?