Mini Face Lift by Dr. Thomassen - Ft. Lauderdale, FL

I had been researching on-line for the longest...

I had been researching on-line for the longest time information about mini face lifts. I had visited a couple of plastic surgeons in my area but could not find one I felt comfortable with or whose price was not prohibitive. One of my friends who snowbirds in Florida gave me the idea of looking at surgeons there, since I was going to be in the area. After searching on-line, I found Dr. Thomassen. All my initial contact was made via, phone, e-mail and pictures. I know it sounds crazy, but I just felt this was the right doctor. The staff was very accommodating and helpful, and I am not an easy person. I decided to pay the deposit, book the surgery and fly in to have it done.

They assisted me with everything including airport and transportation information. They even offered to drive me to the pharmacy to pick up my prescriptions. I met with Doctor Thomassen the day before my surgery and he was just everything I was hoping for. My husband thought I was crazy, but I told him if I don’t feel comfortable I would just cancel the surgery and fly back home. Dr. Thomassen was very gentle and patient. He took a lot of time clarifying all my questions and listening to what it was I wanted. My mind was quickly at ease. I was ready to have my surgery and was more than excited to see the results!!!
There was no pain, that I can tell you. As for the swelling and bruising the first week I pretty much stayed indoors. I started venturing out around day 10. I did not have a caretaker. I really did not need one, however my friend helped me by driving me to the doctor and fetching anything I needed from the store.
How were the first two weeks? Bruising, swelling? Did you have a caretaker for the first day or two?

Thank you for sharing on RealSelf! How was it flying back after your mini lift? Did you stay in Florida a few weeks?

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

After speaking with Dr. Thomassen I felt so comfortable I decided to not only have the mini-lift but also add the brow and upper and lower eyelids. The surgery took 5 hours. I was a little nervous, but Dr. Thomassen helped with the tension by talking to me throughout the procedure and explaining what he was doing. I felt no pain. The PA was also very sweet and comforting. Dr. Thomassen is just a very gentle person. You feel safe in his hands. He is a talented surgeon who is honest and trustworthy. After the procedure I came to see him 2 days later for my post op visit, and he was not happy with one of my eyes. He decided right then and there to do a revision for no additional cost. He wanted perfection and that was fine by me. I healed perfectly well and had no complications. I am in love with the way I look now. My neck is tight, my jowls are gone and my eyebrows are back to where they used to be 15 years ago. I am so happy I made the crazy decision to fly out of state to have this done….It has been the best decision I have made in a long time. Dr. Thomassen is just an excellent doctor and I will recommend him to anyone no questions asked.