Mini Face Lift

At the age of 56, I was tired like most of us, ...

At the age of 56, I was tired like most of us, not looking how I felt....I feel young, but look in the mirror and think...oh wow... Widowed for 6 years, and not liking feeling ashamed to go out on dates....after all, there is only so much creams can do. After a year of looking at reviews, pictures of other doctors work, I chose Dr. John Thomassen in Ft Lauderdale Fl. Everyone could not believe I did not pick someone from the Orlando area where I live. But, trust me, my research and reviews led me to my doctor!! He is so kind, sweet, and not your average arrogant doctor... Beautiful intimate office, staff wonderful...hello Michele and Constance! I felt like a valued patient before I came and left feeling like a family member. I want to come back and do my eyes next. I just trust him... I felt no pain at all during surgery, you are awake during the procedure, but we talked all the way thru it, time went fast. He made sure you did not feel anything...you can feel the tugging of the muscle he is moving and the skin and you just know he is doing the best job! It is only 3 days after surgery as I write this, those that have seen me, have said, oh my gosh you all ready look good. I on the other hand, will wait for the after pictures...once I have makeup on...lol! I am truly excited, this is something I did for me...and can't wait to show off the new me. I have not hid the fact that I had this done....I see no reason why a woman or man cannot feel better about themselves. I suggest you check out Dr. Thomassen, for any procedure....! And as I said to him...your pictures of you, don't do you justice...GQ magazine should be calling this doctor! lol... I want to say also, I stayed in a hotel that was only a few blocks away, the second day I had drains removed, and I even went to the beach...hat on head and scarf, and sat and watched the waves roll in. Be glad to answer questions and as soon as I can will put up the before and after pics. Good doctors make all the difference in the world....And I found him!
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

The best doctor ever in my book! see above review...love love love him!! excellent

if you don't mind me asking what did it cost?
Carla hi, would be great to see your pictures! How was recovery and when did the swelling go down to not be noticeable by others?
Hi Carla, how are you doing? I am in the process of going through a "virtual consult" with Dr Thomassen (and a couple others)...Michelle is great and they are very responsive. I was motivated to contact Dr T by MiMoMBA and then when I did my research, his reviews and before and afters were impressive. I would be travelling to Florida for the procedure if I end up going with Dr T. How was your experience travelling and recovering in a hotel?
I stayed at a hotel basically around the corner, It was the LaQuinta. reasonably priced... I got a room with a king size bed, they had refrig and microwave. the inside of rooms was updated and clean. And I liked I could get to my room after surgery without going thru a lobby...lol! I am waiting to here back from the doc, I sent some after pics to him for his review. they were suppose to get back to me yesterday....so just sent another email.... I will respond later with an update about that.
I just talked to the office, I felt like my face looking forward was great, but side, I felt like my neck should be tighter. so he is going to do that, no cost, but I am also going to have my eyes done too. wish I had the money to doa ll at once. I just love this doctor and staff. I felt so comfortable and cared about!
Hi Carlaxx. Just checking in on you. My surgery is the day after tomorrow. How are you doing?
Hi...oh my you excited? I am doing good, healing very well, I don't know if I told you, but my surgery was on a Thursday, and I went back to work on Tuesday. of course wearing face bra and hat and glasses...but I felt fine. funny thing....I had absolutely no bruising. I need to get pics up on here. good to have a jaw line and no turkey neck....gone! lol. now your ears will be the most sore. and they will be swollen, really swollen. but I even went on a date last week and for the first time in forever...I got whistled at...lol!
Wow! What kind of job do you have where you feel comfortable in "face lift attire"? Lol I'm so happy you are doing well. I'm so afraid of being awake and have such anxiety over shots. I'm not backing out but I'm already asking myself if I'm crazy to do this. I can't wait to see your pictures.
Will you be posting pictures soon? I would love to see your results.
yes, as soon as I can wear some makeup...lol...swelling is down, but not enough yet to see the final result. But I am happy, I have my 35 year old neck and no jowls...that is so freaking awesome
Thank you so much for your detailed review. I was surprised to hear that you had drains with a mini lift. I don't think my doctor uses them unless it's a full face lift but I should ask. Did you have far transfers too? I can't wait to see your before and after pictures. I'm glad you have had a great experience so for.
your welcome...My doctor did more that what a lifestyle lift is, because he adjusted the muscle in my face also. As I have read on here, some doctors call mini lifts one thing, and other doctors call it something else...My doctor did the what I would call the "better" mini lift, no fat transfer, he did lypo under my chin to get the little fat pocket there also. Some drs call the minilift, like a lifestyle lift, which I believe is just pulling the skin up. My mini lift should last for quite awhile also.
My doctor also explained that the procedure he does is different then a life style lift in that the muscle is tightened as well as the skin. The operation will take about three hours. I'm assuming I will swell more with the fat transfer but it's a small amount so we shall see. I had a microdermabrasion today and my skin felt so good afterwards. I was told again today that my eyes don't need anything yet. Maybe a little Botox in my forehead which I will do before my surgery date. I'm feeling more excited then nervous now. I hope you continue to heal fast.
I am so excited for you....! yes, with the muscle it is the good way to go. my son just came in, and said, dang mom, you look so young, I said buddy I am still swollen, he said, yes but you can already tell mom its going to be good!
Hi! Let me snoop for a bit: I also am having a mini with Dr. Thomassen. His mini is really a short scar lift with smas plication. It is a "small face lift". I am very excited. Best to you!!!!
and to you...., say hi for me! lol, he is terrific.... I am one week and one day past my surgery, doing good, I have had no problems, got my stitches out today
I'm so glad this went well for you and that you're happy with your results. Looking forward to seeing your photos!
thank you...looking forward to sharing them!