Lower Lid Pinch Review - Fort Lauderdale, FL

1. Done under local anesthesia, which brings the...

1. Done under local anesthesia, which brings the cost down but also means that you hear everything: the skin cutting, the cauterizing. It takes about one hour per eye.
2. My surgeon also relocated fat pads; it makes sense to do this at the same time, and is a straight-forward cut and tuck. But, this means that instead of just a skin pinch, you have your lower lid skin stretched and trauma done to the substructure which means bleeding which means bruising.
3. So, while I had thought a skin pinch would be simple and minimal and short down-time, the best choice (if you can benefit from fat repositioning) is to do that at the same time. Probably if you're over 35, it's a good choice.
4. Two weeks recovery time, definitely. Two black eyes.
one month out: i am not sure yet of the results. the suture line is definitely visible to me, as the tail ends extend out past the lashline and so look like new crows feet. the under-eye skin is minimized significantly, but smiling still creates a few wrinkles, so it is by no means smooth and 20-year-old-youthful: i would imagine that i need to add filler. So, now that i've had a mini face lift and now lower skin pinch/fat repositioning, the extra slacking skin is gone, which is Yay, but i will still need to add fat. So, in conclusion (and i'll post pics) our faces need a combo of removing skin and adding "fat." (ie fillers, or fat transfer)
I just had my eyes down with Dr. T also on Oct 23rd. i just love him! He is the best and bedside manner is amazing! His work speaks for it self. It's hard to see at first but as the days go by it get mo'betta! Post your pictures. i posted mine today I don't know why they are not up on the site yet? Maybe they have to approve it first. I check again tomorrow.
Did it tighten the under eye skin?..I have my appt in jan ..sucks I have to wait but its too busy at work; (

5 months post lower bleph

Scarring: completely unnoticeable
Under-eye laxity: improved, and the under-eye area is smooth. There is still wrinkling when I smile, but no where near as much.
Pain: none, really
Numbness: slight

Overall, I am very happy with the results.
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon