33yr Old Much Needed Neck Lift - Fort Lauderdale, FL

I just had my neck lift done yesterday. The doctor...

I just had my neck lift done yesterday. The doctor did it under local and for some reason didn't work well for me. I felt the whole procedure it was very painful. How ever I'm day one post op, I can eat soup but can't chew food yet. I'm very sore but from the pics it will be worth it. I can shower tomorrow and was told to wear compress next week for a week. I'm in an ace bandage currently.

pre and post day 1

Here's a few more post op pictures. And before too.

day 2 post op

Was able to sleep a few hours on recliner and a few in bed. I'm a side sleeper so it's been difficult sleeping on my back. I still have pain around my ears and burning swollen earlobes but haven't needed to take a pain pill only tylenol :) I took a shower this morning and washed my hair. I used a chair Bc I felt a little woozy when I took the wraps off. I'm pretty swollen today so I'm going to try to take it more easy today. Still can't chew solid foods my jaw and neck are too sore and tight. So soup and cereal it is for now.

Post op day 3 and 4

Well I'm feeling sooooo much better. Still swollen and a little stiff and tight but I'm sure that's to be expected a few days/weeks. I'm not on any pain meds. I have a little yellowing with swelling but I can see once swelling goes down watch out :) I put a little make up on and took so epics yesterday at day 3 postoperative and my Facebook friends are all in shock (thinking I lost lots of weight ) bought zinc and the other thing to help with the swelling so hopefully it will go down sooner. Behind and below my ears are the most painful with swelling and I can now feel left ear but not the right one or under my neck yet.

day 4 staples

Another before after

I'm going to have staples removed today :). I'll post pics after that

One week post op

Still swollen and no feeling in ears or top of neck but getting better daily. I've got some pain where I'm swollen below my ears on the neck. It feels like when you have a cold and my ears are clogged. Going to see Dr today for staple removal.

stitches out

Face stitches out staples and behind the ear next week. PA said looking right on track. :)

day 8

Today I'm a little sore under my chin. This swelling is bothering me today. My neck is warm to touch so after work I will be icing and putting my wrap on a bit :/

post op infection

Well I'm over a week in and bow I have a cellulitis infection on my neck no where near my incision which means something wasn't sterile during surgery . I have gone thru the ringer with this place.

post op infection

Hurts and burns very badly

Almost 2 weeks

Well I spent 5 hours in the ER yesterday for a abscess on my neck that had to be drained. The Plastic Surgeon who saw me said I went to one of the worse surgery centers in my city and is always fixing their mistakes. They changed my antibiotics (3rd one now ) he said cipro was bad choice so I'm not on doxycycline. I'm sore I'm tired and still swollen but dr did say once all is healed I will look great.

3 weeks post op

Feeling better. Abscess subsiding and swelling going down a bit. Still no feeling in right ear or neck but making progress. Ps said to start massaging the swelling to help it go down.

bummed with current results

Well I'm a little concerned about my neck. I'm still swollen under chin where it still looks like a double chin. When the swelling subsides will it look better? I'm on yet another prescription for now swollen lymph nodes this is script number 4 in 5 weeks ugh !!!!
If anyone had long swelling and it went down and looks better let me know plz. I'm pretty discouraged that I'll still have double chin. :(

neck sagging again

I'm getting worried Bc I'm noticing my neck starting to sag. Day 1 post op to now I'm not really happy with results. Is it swelling or am I going to need a revision? Any advice plz
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Everything looks good so far just wish I didn't feel most of the pain from the cutting and lipo.

Thank you for sharing. I am 36 and have not found too many people my age yet that have gotten this done. Most people are usually a little older. Glad to see you got some nice results. I love the new angle you got from surgery. Congrats.
Glad you are healed. You look great!! Would you please share the name of the surgeon, so that others can avoid him? Thanks!
Dtodd218, I'll be the first to comment. Your doc will probably tell you to judge based on your pre-op photo which shows you got significant reduction in volume (over half?). He might also tell you he can reduce it some more after 6 mos. to a year (the appropriate amount of time) but would you want the same doc, considering the post-op infection and pain??? By the way, results immediately post surgery, especially primary procedures, always appear unrealistically tight (and what we'd love to hang onto forever if we could) but fact is it ends up relaxing; evenstill, you still you end up with improvement from where you started. A "revision" could give you more reduction but if I were you I'd consult with other neck surgeons before choosing. The "sagging" is probably close to "baseline" now and doubt it'll keep sagging so don't worry too much, however do seek out at least one or two other consults for revision before deciding. Hope this helps and good luck!
You look amazing. The three photos of you side by side really illustrate the great result you already have. You seriously look like a different person... Younger and like you lost a lot of weight. Really nice. I hope you feel great. I have the double chin too so thanks for posting your journey -it's really helpful. Good luck. You look gorgeous.
I hope you are feeling as good as you look... glad that you got the correct antibiotics to fight the infection. thanks for posting.
It's almost 6 weeks for me. My ears are just coming back & still numb on cheekbones but I had a FL, too.
I feel left ear but not right. My cheeks are numb also. Starting to itch but numb so I'm guessing maybe nerves are coming back together or something
Yes, itching is good! I think using my Clarasonic helps wake up my face.
How are you doing? Any better this week?
Yes getting there. Saw ps said to start massaging neck to break up swelling and it's helping scars are healing nicely just need swelling to go down so I can feel my right ear and chin again
You are looking great. So glad you got the right antibiotics. I noticed you have an uneven smile in your new photo that you didn't have on Day 3. Did anyone say anything to you about lower nerve palsy? I've had it since birth so maybe that's why I noticed. Just curious if your doctor said anything to you about it.
No I didn't even notice. Lol I'm very numb still so maybe that's why. I'll Def keep and eye on it though
My whole face was crooked for weeks after my neck/FL!
Didn't mean to cause worry. I just read that more swelling on one side can make the smile uneven. Either way, affected nerve or swelling, it's all temporary and resolves on it's own.
Lol its ok. I am more swollen on that side so hopefully that's all. I will keep an eye out just incase though.
Oh, that's so horrible for you to go through after the surgery. Hope the antibiotics work soon and then you can heal well. Take care....
You look great! we had the same kind of chin and neck only my scarring is worse than yours. Either way I have no regrets =) but wow you look much younger!
I'm glad you're getting the care you need & will be on the mend soon.
How awful! That E. R. surgeon needs to report it if he's always fixing their mistakes. How were you to know before you went in what should have been done so you didn't get infection. Glad you will be okay and he said your result will still look great but still, I think he needs to take some action so more people won't go through what you did! Thanks for warning others!
I agree - if no one reports him, he gets to continue with new 'victims' and has no incentive to improve his procedure. Which would be a shame because it is obvious he does get mighty fine results! Good to know you are now going to do well and feel better. Thanks so much for the update. Be well.
Wow! Your neck transformation is fantastic. Sorry about the infection and discomfort but that should soon end with the right antibiotics. I've always been given a prescription before lower facelift procedures and started them as soon I got home from surgery. You got such a beautiful result, how disappointing to go through this. You could always go see an ENT doctor for another opinion on the infection and the type of antiobiotic you are currently on. I know I would if I was still concerned. Please post another photo when it's all healed!
Just followed your story. You look great! Sorry to hear about the infection. Keep posting updates...I am looking forward to your next post
How long were you on antibiotics after surgery? Keep icing!
I was 5 days of keflex now I'm 7 days cipro