33yr Old Much Needed Neck Lift - Fort Lauderdale, FL

I just had my neck lift done yesterday. The doctor...

I just had my neck lift done yesterday. The doctor did it under local and for some reason didn't work well for me. I felt the whole procedure it was very painful. How ever I'm day one post op, I can eat soup but can't chew food yet. I'm very sore but from the pics it will be worth it. I can shower tomorrow and was told to wear compress next week for a week. I'm in an ace bandage currently.

Oh my soul! What a great result, and already so obvious! I've heard recovery time is faster doing it your way. Keep posting, and congrats!
My ear lobes are swollen and hot. I will be updating as much as possible. I can shower tomorrow so hopefully I'll feel better after that
You're neck looks fantastic already! I'm so sorry the local didn't work well for you though, how horrible! Just confirms how glad I am I went for General anesthesia.

pre and post day 1

Here's a few more post op pictures. And before too.

You look like a different person! The 1st 2 days are the worse.
Do you have narcotic pain pills?
They prescribed hydrocodone they aren't helping at all. For some reason I must have a resistance to pain meds between feeling all the cutting and lipo and now the pain meds aren't helping I don't understand. The most I've ever taken in my life is ibuprofen.

day 2 post op

Was able to sleep a few hours on recliner and a few in bed. I'm a side sleeper so it's been difficult sleeping on my back. I still have pain around my ears and burning swollen earlobes but haven't needed to take a pain pill only tylenol :) I took a shower this morning and washed my hair. I used a chair Bc I felt a little woozy when I took the wraps off. I'm pretty swollen today so I'm going to try to take it more easy today. Still can't chew solid foods my jaw and neck are too sore and tight. So soup and cereal it is for now.

Oh gosh, I'm sorry you could feel things happening during the procedure! I know recovery is hard, but washing your hair must've felt really good (not the woozy part but the getting clean part). Your results are looking GREAT. Try to keep your eyes on the prize.
Are you icing? Taking any herbs for healing (zinc), swelling (turmeric) & bruising (arnica/bromelain)???
No, no one told me to take anything and they said no icing. Will that help? I want to help the healing as much as possible.

Post op day 3 and 4

Well I'm feeling sooooo much better. Still swollen and a little stiff and tight but I'm sure that's to be expected a few days/weeks. I'm not on any pain meds. I have a little yellowing with swelling but I can see once swelling goes down watch out :) I put a little make up on and took so epics yesterday at day 3 postoperative and my Facebook friends are all in shock (thinking I lost lots of weight ) bought zinc and the other thing to help with the swelling so hopefully it will go down sooner. Behind and below my ears are the most painful with swelling and I can now feel left ear but not the right one or under my neck yet.

Are you icing?
Yes. I'm icing every few hours now. :)

day 4 staples

A couple of more before pics too please
Oh wow, disregard my last Q. regarding the scars….I just realized you just had the surgery, so the stitches / staples are still fresh. You look awesome!
Yes staples out tomorrow

Another before after

I'm going to have staples removed today :). I'll post pics after that

How long ago was that b4 pic? I swear you had a boob reduction, too!
Day of surgery.... lol I think it's the bra I wish I had a reduction lol

One week post op

Still swollen and no feeling in ears or top of neck but getting better daily. I've got some pain where I'm swollen below my ears on the neck. It feels like when you have a cold and my ears are clogged. Going to see Dr today for staple removal.

You look so fantastic! So happy for you, too. I am at two weeks post op today. I still have some swelling, and my ears are still pretty numb, but the feeling is either better or I am getting more used to it!
You look like a completely different person!

stitches out

Face stitches out staples and behind the ear next week. PA said looking right on track. :)

day 8

Today I'm a little sore under my chin. This swelling is bothering me today. My neck is warm to touch so after work I will be icing and putting my wrap on a bit :/

post op infection

Well I'm over a week in and bow I have a cellulitis infection on my neck no where near my incision which means something wasn't sterile during surgery . I have gone thru the ringer with this place.

post op infection

Hurts and burns very badly

Wow! Your neck transformation is fantastic. Sorry about the infection and discomfort but that should soon end with the right antibiotics. I've always been given a prescription before lower facelift procedures and started them as soon I got home from surgery. You got such a beautiful result, how disappointing to go through this. You could always go see an ENT doctor for another opinion on the infection and the type of antiobiotic you are currently on. I know I would if I was still concerned. Please post another photo when it's all healed!
Just followed your story. You look great! Sorry to hear about the infection. Keep posting updates...I am looking forward to your next post
How long were you on antibiotics after surgery? Keep icing!

Almost 2 weeks

Well I spent 5 hours in the ER yesterday for a abscess on my neck that had to be drained. The Plastic Surgeon who saw me said I went to one of the worse surgery centers in my city and is always fixing their mistakes. They changed my antibiotics (3rd one now ) he said cipro was bad choice so I'm not on doxycycline. I'm sore I'm tired and still swollen but dr did say once all is healed I will look great.

How are you doing? Any better this week?
Yes getting there. Saw ps said to start massaging neck to break up swelling and it's helping scars are healing nicely just need swelling to go down so I can feel my right ear and chin again
Oh, that's so horrible for you to go through after the surgery. Hope the antibiotics work soon and then you can heal well. Take care....

3 weeks post op

Feeling better. Abscess subsiding and swelling going down a bit. Still no feeling in right ear or neck but making progress. Ps said to start massaging the swelling to help it go down.

You look amazing. The three photos of you side by side really illustrate the great result you already have. You seriously look like a different person... Younger and like you lost a lot of weight. Really nice. I hope you feel great. I have the double chin too so thanks for posting your journey -it's really helpful. Good luck. You look gorgeous.
I hope you are feeling as good as you look... glad that you got the correct antibiotics to fight the infection. thanks for posting.
It's almost 6 weeks for me. My ears are just coming back & still numb on cheekbones but I had a FL, too.

bummed with current results

Well I'm a little concerned about my neck. I'm still swollen under chin where it still looks like a double chin. When the swelling subsides will it look better? I'm on yet another prescription for now swollen lymph nodes this is script number 4 in 5 weeks ugh !!!!
If anyone had long swelling and it went down and looks better let me know plz. I'm pretty discouraged that I'll still have double chin. :(

neck sagging again

I'm getting worried Bc I'm noticing my neck starting to sag. Day 1 post op to now I'm not really happy with results. Is it swelling or am I going to need a revision? Any advice plz

Thank you for sharing. I am 36 and have not found too many people my age yet that have gotten this done. Most people are usually a little older. Glad to see you got some nice results. I love the new angle you got from surgery. Congrats.
Glad you are healed. You look great!! Would you please share the name of the surgeon, so that others can avoid him? Thanks!
Dtodd218, I'll be the first to comment. Your doc will probably tell you to judge based on your pre-op photo which shows you got significant reduction in volume (over half?). He might also tell you he can reduce it some more after 6 mos. to a year (the appropriate amount of time) but would you want the same doc, considering the post-op infection and pain??? By the way, results immediately post surgery, especially primary procedures, always appear unrealistically tight (and what we'd love to hang onto forever if we could) but fact is it ends up relaxing; evenstill, you still you end up with improvement from where you started. A "revision" could give you more reduction but if I were you I'd consult with other neck surgeons before choosing. The "sagging" is probably close to "baseline" now and doubt it'll keep sagging so don't worry too much, however do seek out at least one or two other consults for revision before deciding. Hope this helps and good luck!
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Everything looks good so far just wish I didn't feel most of the pain from the cutting and lipo.