Ready or Not, Here I Come... - Fort Collins, CO

I am finally ready to do this! I am a 39 year old...

I am finally ready to do this! I am a 39 year old mom of two wonderful kiddos. They are 7 and 5. My body bounced back after my son, but my daughter was much bigger and it took a toll on my tummy. I breastfed both my babies as well, so my boobs which used to be 34B before kids are now a lovely deflated 34A/B. I am 5'5", and weigh around 130. I am active and just want to get my pre-preggo body back- it is time!

I am going to get a TT and BA. I need muscle repair and have a herniated umbilical. Up top I am going to get silicone under the muscle either 375cc or 400cc implants, can't decide yet. I would like to be a 34C, but really really don't want any bigger! My PS said he would choose the profile based on my measurements and what look I wanted.

I am scheduled to have my surgery on August 5th, and my pre-op appt is July 14th. My mom is coming out for 2 weeks and my MIL whom I adore is coming out for a week during my mom's visit to help out with the kids. By the time I am 18 days out the kids will start back to school, so I am hoping I will be able to take care of things by that point.

I have been so hesitant to do this until I found this website and read about all you lovely ladies and your awesome support. This totally motivated me. I was scared about the big TT scar, but then thought to myself, would I rather have my mushy tummy that I keep hidden all the time, or a nice flat stomach with a hidden scar? Needless to say, the TT won. My husband has been so very supportive, he just wants me to be confident and happy with myself.

I told my kids that I was going to have surgery to get my tummy fixed but didn't tell them about the boobs...we'll see if they notice.

Well, that's about it for now, I will post some before pics soon and let you know how the pre-op appt goes. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

A little bit less than a month to go...I am waking...

A little bit less than a month to go...I am waking up every morning with butterflies in my stomach. I have my pre-op appt in 6 days. When the PS office called to confirm my pre-op appt, I was disappointed to find out that my PS won't even be seeing me, only the nurse. I feel like I still have a lot of questions to ask.

I took before pictures to post on here, just need to get them on the computer...soon hopefully.

I had my pre-op appt today. I feel so much better...

I had my pre-op appt today. I feel so much better now, all my questions have been answered and I don't have that nervous feeling in my stomach anymore. My prescriptions have been called in and now it's time to shop for the things I will need after surgery. This feels real now- I am excited!

Here are my before pictures finally.

Okay, I am starting to get stressed out and...

Okay, I am starting to get stressed out and nervous again. I just wish the date was here so I could be done with all this waiting. Thanks everyone for your nice comments about my awful before pictures. I can't wait to post the after pics. I am having crazy dreams about the surgery.

I picked up my prescriptions today- percocet, antibiotic, steroid, anti-nausea patch and muscle relaxer. I have started to get my recovery room ready and just need to shop for the extra little things and easy on the tummy food for after. I have a lot of lists floating around, need to combine them and get out shopping without the kids at some point.

Only two more weeks from tomorrow!

Only four more days! I am feeling better. Made a...

Only four more days! I am feeling better. Made a whole bunch of meals and put them in the freezer. I also found a nerdy spreadsheet/checklist online to help keep track of meds afterwards. My son's 8th birthday is tomorrow, and now that I have finished with the preparations for that I am less stressed. My mom and MIL are coming in two days so the cleaning to get ready for them has been keeping me busy as well.

I am still fluctuating back and forth about size, can't decide between 350cc and 375cc. I know there is barely a difference, but I don't want to be self conscious if they are too big for my frame. I am leaning towards 350cc to be on the safe side, but a lot of people say they wish they had gone bigger. Hmm, I'll have to wait until surgery day (Aug 5th) and see what Dr. G thinks.

I have to say I am kind of looking forward to laying around and not being responsible for anything for a while. Normally I don't like for people to have to take care of me but I feel ready for this break. Once school starts I'll be up and at 'em again so I'm hoping to take advantage of this rest time.

Tomorrow is the BIG day! I remember thinking Aug...

Tomorrow is the BIG day! I remember thinking Aug 5th is so far away, but now it is here and I don't know where the time went. I have been so busy cleaning and getting ready that I haven't been too nervous and have been sleeping like a log. My mom and MIL arrived last night. Everything is done and I am ready!

Home from surgery, very tired. I vomited 3 times...

Home from surgery, very tired. I vomited 3 times after which hurt like hell but the nausea seems to be going away. Want to thank everyone for their support and warm wishes!

Day after surgery, is this considered day 2 post-...

Day after surgery, is this considered day 2 post- op? Dr. G stitched up my muscles with over 200 stitches! They gave me 2 full bags of fluids in my IV before I went home yesterday and I have been peeing every half hour so. All this getting up and down to go to the bathroom really hurts!

I ended up getting silicone 375 cc's high profile under the muscle implants. One side is a lot more swollen than the other.

I have been taking a muscle relaxer and percocet so I feel really loopy! Last night after all the vomiting and getting up to pee, I started thinking why did I do this to myself? I haven't taken a peek yet, but I'm sure this is all going to be worth it.

I only have one drain and Dr. G said it would come out on Wednesday. I can even take a shower tomorrow, but I'm not sure if I will be up for that.

I hope everyone is doing well either recovering or waiting for their turn.

Day 3 post-op: Today was a turning point for me. ...

Day 3 post-op:
Today was a turning point for me. I feel much better and was even able to make it downstairs for dinner with the family. Dr. G told me I could take a shower today, but I am too scared to take off the binder. The binder feels like it is holding everything in place. I think I will start weaning myself off the percocet tomorrow and just take Tylenol. My drain is annoying and hurts when it gets tugged. Hopefully it will come out on Wednesday.

Day 7 post-op: so much has happened in the last...

Day 7 post-op:
so much has happened in the last few days! I went in for my first post op appt and the drain was not ready to come out. Everything else looked good, my back was killing me from doing the caveman walk. I had some painful blistering where they taped up my breast incisions so the tape is off now.

That evening my right shoulder had shooting pains in it going all the way down my back. I started having muscle spasms in my back which led to muscle spasms in my abdomen-sooo painful! Called Dr. G and he gave me a prescription for Valium. Took it and it did nothing. I was having a hard time breathing with the constant spasms this had been going on for 2 hours now and I couldnt take it anymore so we went to the ER. Took another 2 hours to get it under control with morphine and more Valium. Had an x-ray and catscan and they found 3 blood clots in my lungs. One big one in the bottom of my right lung was partially collapsing the bottom of the lung, and two smaller ones in the top of each lung.

I am now in the hospital taking blood thinners and will continue to have to take them for 6-9 months as well as getting my levels checked twice a week for a while. I should be able to go home tomorrow or Saturday.

This has been one crazy week, I can't wait to start feeling better!

Day 9 post op: Well, I'm still here in the...

Day 9 post op:

Well, I'm still here in the hospital. When they told me I couldn't go home today I cried. I am emotionally drained and miss my kids. My hubby has been awesome and has stayed with me in the hospital for most of the time. Thank goodness my mom is still here to take care of my kids.

Dr. G. Is coming tomorrow to check the drain and maybe take it out. He said he would also take off the tape and bandages covering my tummy incision.

Today I was able to walk around only a little bent over but am still using a walker. I feel stronger and am really hoping they let me out of here tomorrow or I am going to go crazy!

10 days post op: Today is a good day! I was...

10 days post op:
Today is a good day! I was finally released from the hospital- woo hoo! I will have to take coumadin for the next 6-12 months and be careful if I bleed. They have been giving me injections in my stomach twice a day which burn like hell. The nurse said normally you can pinch some tummy fat to inject into so it doesn't hurt but my stomach is as flat as a washboard! Tonight will be the last injection thank goodness.

Dr. G. took my drain out this morning and it hurt! So glad to be done with that! He said I can walk straight if I want, not that I can yet. The stitches came out of my belly button. The tape on my abdominal incision is to stay on for another 10 days. After it comes off I will post some pictures.

I am really happy with my boobs! They are still swollen but are not too big and when they drop I think they will be exactly what I was hoping for.

I really really appreciate all the kind thoughts everyone has sent me during this time of trial. It helped me get through it. Looking back, my legs and feet were really swollen, but never had the typical signs of blood clots, although they felt a little weird. But hey, my whole body was feeling weird and I was drugged up. My advice would be to question any little sign, you know your body. Maybe some of you can learn from this, I never thought it would happen to me.

Happy thoughts everyone, I feel like a whole new person now :)

20 days post-op: Wow, I have been on an emotional...

20 days post-op:
Wow, I have been on an emotional roller coaster. It is hard to not be able to do all the things I used to be able to do and sit and watch other people do them for you or they don't get done at all. I have been feeling much better physically though. I can sleep on both sides but still wake up with a sore lower back. I still have a very small appetite, my stomach just can't hold very much. I haven't had to take any meds except the occasional tylenol for lower back pain in a long time.

I have my 3 week post-op appt tomorrow and Dr. G is supposed to take off the tape covering my tummy incision. I can't wait for that, the tape is so stuck on it pulls my skin and hurts. I am a little nervous to see my scar. It looks pretty low, it should be hidden under a bikini bottom. I still have some stretch marks on my tummy, but I knew those wouldn't go away before I did this. I think and hope tomorrow is my last day of wearing this horrible binder. I can't wait to get rid of it!

One other gross thing, the spot where my drain was has scabbed over and some of the tape/gauze is caught in the scab and pulls at my skin. I think the drain was the worst part of this whole surgery, other than the blood clot thing.

Tomorrow I will take pictures and post them, I have been waiting until the tape is off.

3 1/2 weeks post-op: I feel GREAT! I am so happy...

3 1/2 weeks post-op:
I feel GREAT! I am so happy I did this and it was all worth it!!! I had my 3 week post-op appt last week and the tape is off. My incision is nice and low, but raised up right now which I guess will flatten out some. I was able to get rid of the awful binder and don't need to wear a secondary compression garment. I have no swelling and Dr. G said aside from the whole blood clot issue, I am healing up ahead of normal and am looking great.

I got professionally fitted for a bra yesterday (they said my swelling was pretty much gone and my cup size would stay the same, just that things would settle) and I am a 32DD or a 34D! I couldn't believe it, originally I wanted to be a 34C, but this doesn't seem too big. I love "the girls". I threw away all my old bras and it was the best feeling ever! It is so nice to be able to wear clothes without a bra and have boobs and cleavage instead of looking flat.

I have been sleeping much better, on both sides now. I need to remind myself to stand straight, my shoulders hunch now I think out of habit. I am wearing silicone pads on my incisions and will wear them for 6 months for the scarring.

I weighed myself today for the first time in a couple months and I am less than what I weighed at the beginning of summer. I really am going to take some after pics tonight and post them.

Finally posted some 3 1/2 week post op pics!

finally posted some 3 1/2 week post op pics!
Fort Collins Plastic Surgeon

My experiences so far have been great! Everyone at Dr. G's office is so helpful and friendly. Anytime we had emergency questions, we were able to call Dr. G's cell and speak with him immediately. Dr. G really knows his stuff and I would highly recommend him to anyone wanting a tummy tuck or breast aug.

You by have by far the best scar I've seen.... It's so low, if only all the scars looked that good! Congrats I hope you healed up good!
Hi there. So can you please email me at gracegirl78@gmail.com. I am scheduled with Dr G on May 10. Originally for full TT and lipo of outer thighs & flanks but the more I've thought about it I'd like to have my breasts done too. My surgery was already almost $12,000 and when I asked how much more for BA they said they'd give me a "deal" at $5,500. I'm emailing them as we speak because after reading your cost I'm feeling taken advantage of--I know I also have some lipo but that's not worth that much of a difference. Anyway I'd love any feedback or ideas you have to get them to lower the price! You look great by the way. Blessings Trish
You look great! Sorry to hear about your hospital stay and blood clots!! Yikes! Glad it turned out ok.... Just wanted to ask, we're you on any blood thinners before you went into the hospital? My PS prescribed me 10 days worth of injectable blood thinner for after my surgery as a preventative. Did you have them too ? I'm hoping it'll keep the clots away. That's my big fear.
Hi, thanks for the compliment. I was not on any blood thinners before and did not have a prescription for them for after surgery. The only medication I was on was birth control pills, which I know made me higher risk for clotting, but I asked my PS if I should stop taking them and he said they would be fine.

I am still on the blood thinners right now, the earlieast I might be able to stop taking them is next month, but I may have to keep on taking them until August. I still have been getting my blood checked mostly weekly, sometimes twice a week, sometimes every two weeks depending on my INR levels.

Next month is 6 months for me and I feel great. Everything is back to normaI and I have no pain. I hope everything goes well for you. If you have any other questions I am happy to answer them.
Hello there. How are you feeling now that you're nearly 8 weeks PO? Can't believe we've come this far! Have been thinking of you :)
Hi Mumof3, I'm feeling great! How about you? In some ways it seems like it was so long ago, but when I think of it in terms of weeks, 8 weeks doesn't sound like it was that long ago. I tried jogging a few days ago but my stomach got all tingly/numb/prickly feeling. Very weird sensation. I feel pretty much back to normal except I still can't lift very much, maybe 15 lbs without hurting up top for days.

I am so happy with my results and with the way clothes fit me and look on me now! I hope everything is going just as well for you. How have things been?
thanks everyone for the positive comments about my after pictures. I am so happy I did this and now feel so much more confident about my body :)
Wow you look great!!!!
Thank you so much for posting an update! My surgery is tomorrow and I am so nervous, but looking at your pics really helps. You look fantastic! So glad you are feeling good. Thanks again!
You look great! Besides the blood clot setback I would think it was definitely worth it. You have great results.
You look SO AMAZING you should BE SO HAPPY WOWOWOWOWOOWW!
You're looking amazing- well done! It's so worth it :)
Can't wait to see your pictures and I so happy your doing GREAT!
So Happy to read a Happy story today! Glad you are having fun showing off the new Girls! I too have been so enjoying my new Girls and love wearing no bra! I looked at bra's last week one day and then thought why even bother .. I'll look again when I see something really cute but for now I'm just going to enjoy wearing cami's :)
I agree! I can wear tank tops with only a shelf bra, no regular bra and look awesome instead of completely flat- it is wonderful!
Wow I just read about ur experience with the pulmonary embolisms. I am so very happy that everything turned out ok, good luck with rest of ur recovery. I also had my TT and BL on aug 5th
Hi momiemkovr, I am feeling pretty good now, wow today is two weeks! I am driving, able to sleep on one of my sides, can raise my arms above my head and am walking mostly upright now. I still get tired, but have minimal swelling at the end of the day. Each day gets a little better. My boobs have been really sensitive lately, but my tummy incisions don't really hurt, they are just a little uncomfortable. I am sick of this binder, it rides up and rubs against my breast incisions. I think I only have to wear it one more week. How are you recovering?
I have hardly had any pain from the boob job, it will be a piece of cake after all you've been through :)
Hi Veronica, we had the same surgery date. I had TT and a breast lift. How are you feeling now. What are your days like?
wow I am still so impressed by you and proud~ I had lipo and a inner thigh lift with stitches in my groin and a outer thigh lift all together a spiral thigh lift with lipo so I have stitches that run under my butt all the way up unto my and through to the top of my goining to match up to my tt! JUST ouch! I will take pictures of my stitches soon and post them~ how painful is the Boob procedure?
I had to hold the seatbelt off of my tender boobs with one hand, trying to turn to look while backing up was ouchy, but other than that it felt good to be driving. my lower back hurts too but I am almost standing straight now so hopefully that will get better soon. You had lipo on your legs right? I've heard that is the most painful recovery! Hang in there, take it one day at a time, it is all so worth it!
Oh how sad to have your mom leaving I don't look forward to that day~ that will be next week~ oh I can't believe you drove today~ what was that like?? How impressive! My legs still hurt! My TT is doing great just the back of my legs feel so painful all the time~ like they have been sewn on like a ragdoll~ is the only way I can explain it~ and my lower back hurts walking around~ does it hurt you at all?
Doing better every day! I drove for the first time today and felt fine. My mom is leaving tomorrow, really sad, will be on my own now. How are you doing?
Just checking in to see how you are doing?