Tummy Tuck Disaster! - Foothill Ranch, CA

After having two kids, I saved up and was ready to...

After having two kids, I saved up and was ready to have Tummy Tuck. The surgery was extremely painful and still to this date after 3-4 months, I have pain and sever spasm that feels like some one has sat on my tummy and a knife that cuts and burns through it! Portion of my wound did not heal easily and was open for a few months. With all of these I still would have been happy if the outcome was positive. But...Not at all! I am more unhappy than before. Please read the following...
Orange County Plastic Surgeon

The result of my tummy tuck procedure that was done by Dr. Hootan Daneshmand is extremely unsatisfactory. He had deformed me and he is not even willing to correct his mistakes unless I pay him again! To insure my doubts, I saw 3 different top plastic surgeons for the additional opinions and they all had suggested that he should have fixed all of his mistakes and short comings with no charge. Daneshmand did not include Lipo in his procedure at all where others do, and they said after paying $9000 for tummy tuck, he should have included Lipo to complete the job. They all agreed his way is an old school way and he needs to get updated. The new techniques prevent the 2nd procedure for Lipo. This is where Daneshmand insisted that I pay him $4-$5000 more for the 2nd round! He tells you all you want to hear before and then after the surgery he denies he had said that and he surprises you to do the second procedure to get more money out of you! $$$$ is what he cares for ONLY, not his patients! If he had told me that it takes two times to get the result, I would have never done this surgery or at least not with him! I was OK with my body before even though I was 10 lbs over weight and had loose tummy. At least I was normal! His suppressive comments and put downs shows his lack of sensitivity and unprofessional-ism. He is so arrogant that he thinks he is a god given gift to the society and would not accept any other professionals' inputs or to accept his own short cuts in which resulted in terrible surgery outcome! He blames it on everyone else but himself! There are LOTS of major and very noticeable mistakes that can be easily detected over my clothing which make me cry every time I look at them! I can not wear bathing suits or tight clothing anymore! I've been told that I look like a pregnant man now! I am so deformed that I feel embarrassed to undress in front of my husband! My belly button not only1/2 inch off center but it looks like a backslash with so many wrinkles that my kids even make fun of it! When he couldn’t come up with any explanations about my belly button, he blamed it on my body not to be symmetrical!!! Good thing there are previous pictures! My lower belly is so recessed that no pants could fit or look decent... and there is the Mont area that is sooo projected that it looks like a bulge! I hate whatever I wear everyday! Obviously he has very poor bedside manners and thinks everyone (Including other doctors) is stupid except himself! If you complain, he gets defensive and angry to shut you down. Whenever I bring up the subject of the deformity that he has caused, he responds “Remember how you looked like before?…Terrible! And do you want me to show you your old pictures?!!! You should be happy now!” Every time I left his office, I left with tears in my eyes that even his office workers felt he was unfair and complained that he is like that to them too! That’s why there are so many turnovers on his office staff. Every 2-3 weeks the old one is gone and a new one is there!!! That shows a very poor management! During these last few months, I had seen numerous patients complaining out loud of his treatments. I wish I had seen them before my surgery! I wouldn't be writing this now. But at that cost, I hope my experience at least could bring out the truths on this doctor so NO ONE ELSE goes through what I have been going through. Don’t waist your money on doing any procedure with him. Daneshmand not only doesn’t care to update himself in his field, he is not a compassionate doctor towards others either. All he cares about is $$$. As soon as he gets the money, the table turns and he forgets everything he had promised you to do! God helps you if you complain or show you are not pleased with the outcome! I am so unhappy about this whole experience that I would give him an “F” in general as a person and as well as a doctor! He should not be in this profession at all! Don't believe him or the photos he posts on his website! They are very selective! There are great doctors out there whose first priority to choose this profession is not financially driven but because they are passionate to create beauty and are artistically talented. They are knowledgeable and up to date, honest and sensitive about your feelings. He should NEVER put you through anything that bring tears into your eyes… Do your research and ask around. People's experiences and seeing the results in person and not just the photos are the keys in selecting a great doctor. Most of all listen to your gut feeling. If you are not connecting with him, go to the next one! Good luck and god bless.

I am so sorry for all you have gone through!   I do appreciate you posting your open and honest review.  My hope is that one day you are able to have everything fixed.

I'm so sorry about your experience! You are the second person on this site to have had such a horrible doctor and be so dissatisfied with their results. It makes me so angry! I hope that things will continue to heal for you and that perhaps you can either get modifications done or things settle into a better place for you!