I made it to the Flat Side 3/20/14!!

Hello all! I'm so excited to be here and read all...

Hello all! I'm so excited to be here and read all of your reviews. I had my oldest son at the young age of 17, and my body has never been the same. Now that my husband and I have decided that we definitely don't want any more children, I've decided it's time to get my body back! I have my first consultation today and a 2nd one on Wednesday. I am going to have a mommy makeover (tummy tuck, breast augmentation, and medial knee liposuction.

I want to make sure I ask all the right questions. Is there anything that you wished you had asked during your consultation? Thanks!

1st Consultation Done

I had my first consultation yesterday and it was definitely an eye opener. I came to the realization that I need a breast lift in addition to the augmentation. Luckily since I still have a lot of breast tissue, I only need a small implant. The doctor recommended 275 cc's as I want a natural look. I still think I will go with 300 cc's. The other shocker was that he recommended Saline implants for me. Since I have a lot of breast tissue and the implant will be placed behind my muscle, he said it wasn't necessary to spend the extra $1,000 on silicone. I appreciated the fact that he wasn't trying to upsell me on silicone. Any thoughts on this?

I have another consultation tomorrow, which will be my last. I really liked the first doctor and have heard rave reviews about the second one as well. At this point I know I will be having the surgery towards the end of March or early April. I will be making the appointment by the end of the week.

I'm really excited and nervous. I had a list of questions at the consultation but was so nervous I skimmed through the list and left lol. I don't know what came over me....perhaps the fact that 20 years worth of anticipation was starting me in the face :)

The doctor mentioned that I should be within 5-10 pounds of a weight I can MAINTAIN. Not 5-10 pounds of my GOAL weight. With that being said, I want to lose about 10 pounds before the surgery, which is doable in a healthy way in a month. Once I put that deposit down, I'm sure my focus and willpower will kick in lol.

2nd Consult Complete

Well, I had my 2nd consultation yesterday and it went well. Both doctors recommended the same things for me, and since both of their before and after pics were amazing I felt comfortable with both. The biggest difference was price...one was $18,000 and the other $16,000....guess who won? :)

So today I got the cashier's check for the deposit, and everything became very real. I am scheduled for my pre-op appointment on March 4th and surgery day is March 20th. I'm sure time is going to fly by!

Should I lose 10 lbs??????

Hello all! I have my pre-op appointment on March 4th and my surgery date is March 20th. I think it must be due to stress, but I have been eating terrible lately and have put on 5 lbs. My goal was to lose 10 pounds before the surgery...now it's 15 pounds grrrrrr. My doctor recommended being within 10-15 pounds of my goal weight, which means I need to lose this 10 pounds. Part of me asks if 10 pounds is really going to make a difference in the grand scheme of things...the other part says hell yes get that 10 lbs off. I literally start my "diet" every day only to fall off when I get home in the evening and cook dinner. I'm just venting here and wondering if anyone else is or has gone through what I'm feeling right now :(

Pre-Op Appointment tomorrow!

I'm 17 days away from having my surgery, and tomorrow is my pre-op appointment. I'm so excited and ready to get this show on the road. Can anyone tell me what to expect at this appointment besides filling out paperwork? Thanks!

Here goes nothing!

Pre Op Done - It's really real now

Well I had my pre-op appointment yesterday. My Doctor recommended I buy a Diet Trim Bodybriefer (which I did). He said his patients have really liked it and the quality is good. My surgery is in two weeks and as of last night I'm coming down with a cold (no bueno). I'm not sure if I'm allowed to take any cold medicine since I virtually have to stop taking everything but Tylenol. Any thoughts?

I'm a little disappointed in myself that I didn't lose the 15 pounds I had hoped to before the surgery. Life happens and between work stress and running back and forth to sports practices I've barely had time to think. Part of me considered postponing the surgery until I lost the 15 that I gained....I gained it over the last year (right after I got married), so I call it my "happy weight" even though I'm nowhere close to being happy about it. The nurse yesterday told me that I shouldn't stress myself and I should be at a stable weight that is easy for me to maintain when I have the surgery. Well, heck...I don't have to do anything to maintain this sexy figure lol. I'm really looking forward to the surgery because I can't wait to look down and see a flat tummy...having my first son at 17, it's never been the same. My weight has gone up and down, and I'm actually at my heaviest right now....5'5/185 lbs ouch. I finally put my big girl panties on and posted some before pics....so looking forward to seeing the results and posting my after pics! Hope everyone has a great day!

Rent a Recline or Hospital Bed?

I was told that renting a medical lift recliner would be very helpful during the TT recovery. I have no clue where to rent one of these things. I can rent a hospital bed for $200, but am not sure I need to go that route. I want to be as comfortable as possible. The other options is to rent foam wedges to help elevate my head and legs. Any insight on these options would be helpful!

1 WEEK POST-OP

Oh my goodness...this time next week I will be on my way to the flat side. I'm so excited (and a bit nervous). This weekend I will be finalizing my preparations. I purchased two medical pillows on Amazon to keep my head elevated and my legs slightly bent while I sleep. I still need to get my prescriptions filled and go shopping for essentials such as gauze, baby wipes, stools softeners, etc. There is so much to think about, and I've been procrastinating because I know once I start to REALLY think about what lies ahead I won't be able to stop. So I've just been going on with my day to day activities like this major event doesn't exist lol.

I really hope that I'm happy with my results... I paid cash for the surgery, so I joke that I'm literally buying a small Honda for my body. My friends keep asking when I'm getting my new car lol. I really enjoy reading about everyone's journey, and will be sure to keep everyone updated post-op about my experience. 7 day countdown has begun!

I'M FREAKING OUT....HELP!!!

I am literally freaking out and thinking about postponing my surgery. My goal was to lose the 20 lbs I had put on over the last year before the surgery. Not only have I not lost it, but I keep gaining. I'm 30 lbs over my goal weight. I don't know if it's stress or what, but I can't seem to stay on track. Now I'm worried that the results of my surgery won't be good because I'm now heavier than I've ever been. I'm 5'6 and weigh 190 lbs....my happy weight is 160. I called the surgeon's office and they said that I will feel much better after the surgery and then can focus on losing the last 15 lbs at the gym etc. A year and a half ago I went to the gym 6 days a week...I feel like I've lost myself somewhere. I've wanted this surgery for 20 years, and now I'm debating whether to do it now, or lose the weight and then do it. I'm scheduled for March 20th. Someone please chime in.

Thank you so much!

4 Days and a Wake Up

Counting down the days!

Supply shopping done!

Found this handy little cart at Walmart today for less than $20.00 SCORE!. I picked up my prescriptions and a bunch of supplies I read would be good to have from other posts. My cart includes the following:

Medications
Stool softener
Tums
Hydrogen Peroxide
Alcohol
Cosmetic Applicators (read they work better than q-tips)
Hand Sanitizer
Wisps mini toothbrushes
Intimate & baby wipes
Gauze and tape
Kleenex
Maxi Pads for incisions
Heating pad

I also bought a thermos since my husband will be at work during the day. He's going to make me soup in the morning and put it in the thermos for me.

For food for the first couple of days I bought crackers, soup, Greek yogurt, pudding, Gatorade, and water.

I picked up front zipping night gowns, some new comfy slippers, candles (vanilla cupcake!) and the recommended CG. I'm having a medical recliner delivered on Wednesday from Rent-A-Center...only $60 for two weeks. I hear it's well worth it. I also bought some special medical pillows on Amazon...one to elevate my top half and one to place under my legs. I will have my kindle and iPad (and chargers) and the TV remote handy.

I think (hope) I'm pretty well prepared. Three days and a wake up until I'm on the flat side! Please let me know if you think I've missed anything that would be helpful to have.

Thanks!!

Three Days Left.....please don't postpone me :(

I spoke with the anesthetist yesterday evening and went through my medical history. She was very knowledgeable which made me feel confident. She's concerned because my left ear has been plugged for about a week. I got a viral infection about two weeks ago which was similar to a horrible cold. Everything is back to normal except my darn ear. Her concern is that if my ear isn't draining properly due to a blockage in my ear canal or nasal cavity, it could cause the anesthesia to not drain property as well EEEEK! She advised me to call my PS this morning as it would be his call whether or not to postpone my surgery :( I spoke with the patient coordinator this morning, and she's confident that I'll still be a "go" since everything else is good. She had the same viral infection a week ago and her ear finally cleared up. Hopefully mine will as well. I definitely don't want to have to postpone when I'm only three days away from the surgery. That would be a lot to handle since I'm so psyched to get this show on the road lol. However, I will obviously go along with what the PS decides because my health and well being comes before all else. Please send positive thoughts!!

The BIG Day is TOMORROW!!

Oh my gosh I can't believe tomorrow is the big day. I'm having mixed emotions...this body that has carried to babies and has been with me through many ups and downs will be forever changed tomorrow. I couldn't help but look down at my belly this morning and was almost sad lol....goodbye old friend and GOOD RIDDANCE! My emotional moment was soon replaced with sheer glee at the thought of having a nice figure just in time for summer. It's been real "old tummy" but it's time you and I part ways. Keep me in your prayers as I will all of you!

Day 1 PO

I made it! Whew! Boy oh boy I must said the pain is worse than I expected. Well I don't have my pain in my breasts or lipo areas but my tummy is so sore. I was worried about having to sit down and go pee and how I was going to manage peeing out of the little hole in my CG. I ended up cutting off the top of a Gatorade bottle. I then fit the opening inside the opening of my CG and while standing over the toilet, pee'd into the bottle. It has worked great and there's no mess! Pain is manageable as long as I'm not moving. I think my pain is so bad because I'm on Tylenol 3 vs Vicoden or Percocet (allergic to both). The Tylenol is a good 200mg less than the other pain killers.

I'm so curious about what I look like under all of these dressings. I see people posting pics of their bodies right after surgery but too scared to remove my CG for fear I might pull or tear something. I will just wait until Monday when I go to have my dressings changed. Today I'm feeling burning where my TT incision is...I hope that's normal. I hope everyone is healing well!

2nd Day PO

Let me start by saying if you can stomach Vicoden and Percocet (I can't) take it. This Tylenol 3 doesn't take the edge off and it has been a very difficult day and a half for me. I was also prescribed Soma, which is a muscle relaxer. It knocks me out for a good 3 hours so I try not to take it unless absolutely necessary. I tried to tell myself it was mind over matter yesterday and got up by myself and walked around. Big mistake and I paid for it later. A few hours later I felt like a water balloon that was going to pop. My back is super swollen and it feels weird to touch it because my lower back is "mushy" when it's usually boney lol. My husband and son have been such awesome caregivers, but I feel terrible that they have to wait on me hand and foot. I'm a busybody naturally so being stuck in a chair has been tough. I'm keeping a positive mental attitude and although I haven't seen my body yet I know I'm going to love the results. The tummy is definitely flat and my boobs are standing at attention :) Having a full tummy tuck, breast lift and augmentation, lipo of the waist, hips, flanks, and inner knee and then taking Tylenol for the pain is not the business. I guess I'd rather be in pain than vomiting from the stronger stuff...beggars can't be choosers right? I've been taking Arnica, Tumeric, Iron and Vitamin C in addition to my doctor prescribed meds. I had my husband pick up some Milk of Magnesia for me because I haven't been able/or had the urge to poop yet (sorry for the TMI). I'm anxiously waiting for my appointment on Monday when I can experience the "big reveal". Happy healing to all of you ladies!!

Feeling better today

I'm feeling much better today. Still very sore but have been able to sit upright for 15-20 minutes and feel like a normal person. Still no BM although I took my first dose of MOM about an hour ago. I was able to get up on my own and walk myself to the bathroom. My back hurts a lot which is expected since I'm in the recliner 24/7. I am unable to get into our bed to sleep because it's so high up off the ground. My stomach looks very swollen through the CG which is a bit depressing. I don't want to look down and see my belly pooching out but I keep reminding myself that it's normal for my stomach to swell. I'm sure I'll feel better after my post op appointment when I can see everything. Right now everything feels numb. Today I have felt a burning sensation where my TT incision will be and burning every now and then under my boobs where the implant/lift incision is. All normal I'm sure. I'm looking forward to the soreness subsiding and am trying to keep my sodium intake down which I hope will in turn help with the swelling. Happy Healing!!

PO Day 3

Feeling much better today...in fact I'm going to start weaning myself off of the Tylenol 3 and will instead take Extra Strength Tylenol. I'm still sore but can get up and down and walk around on my own. I got up this morning washed my face and put some make up on :) I made myself some toast and Greek yogurt and took my supplements and am now settled in watching tv. I've been up and down several times this morning. I'm still very swollen, and I hope it's not from me "doing too much". I still haven't had a BM and started the MOM yesterday :( My other issue is that I haven't touched my CG since I got home and I think the gauze has shifted and it hurts when I sit down. I go to the doctor tomorrow, so I'm not sure if I should open up the CG or wait until tomorrow. All in all, I'm happy with my healing progress (I can almost stand upright without pain as well). Hope everyone is healing well!

Drain Question

I haven't been draining much...less than 10cc's the last two days in each drain. Is that normal?

Boobies!

So I took a little peek under my CG to see how my implants were coming along.. I like the shape but they seem so small. My PS said I had a lot of breast tissue and only needed a small implant. I got 300cc's on the left and 280cc's on right. I'm hoping to achieve a small D. I like them biw but what happe s when the swelling goes down?

TMI - Finally Had a BM

Is there any such thing as TMI on this site? I finally had a bowel movement and I was in pain to the point of tears. I started taking stool softeners two days before the surgery and started taking Milk of Magnesia yesterday morning. None of it helped. I was so uncomfortable that I had to bite my lip and strain my way through the process. I feel much better but now I'm worried that the straining may have messed something up internally. I don't feel any real pain, and I'm only taking Extra Strength Tylenol at this point. I'm shocked that the stool softeners and MOM didn't help. I've been drinking and eat pineapples, Gatorade, a lot of water and eating fibrous foods. Anyone else have this problem?

Yay they're perky!

I was afraid they'd be too big or too small. I'm thinking my PS got it just right. I was going for a natural look.

OMG Milk of Magnesia is not my friend

Oh Sweet Baby Jesus make it stop....I was constipated and took Milk of Magnesia. My stomach spent a good while grumbling and then the flood gates opened and I have been pooping (really peeing) a fire-like substance ever since. I have been to the bathroom 5 times in the last two hours. I haven't taken any medication since noon and I'm totally off of my painkillers. Do you think a banana will help? This is horrible :(

Day 4 PO

Feeling good today. Stopped taking pain meds yesterday and have switched to Extra Strength Tyleonol. I still tire easily, but it's a lot easier to get up and down by myself. I think the swelling has gone down a bit and I'm looking forward to my appointment this afternoon so u can see whats under the CG. I have been draining less than 10cc's each day except for the first one. That concerns me a but because I feel like I should be draining more. We'll see what they say this afternoon. I will post pics later!

Improper draining = major swelling

I had my first post op appt today and was so unhappy to see a big belly under the bandages. I explained to the nurse that I had only been draining .10 CC's a day. She looked at my drains and hubbt didn't explain to me that they had to be deflated nor did he tell me about stripping the drains. Since the drains have been I inflated they have not been suctioning hence the fluid buildup in my abdomen. I have to go back Thursday to make sure everything is draining properly. Right now I'm depressed hut trying to keep my head up that my belly will flatten out. On a positive note, my boobs look good and my belly button looks as nice as it can at this time. I also have minimal bruising. I will post Kore pics Thursday. Pray the swelling goes down.

before and after (with major swelling)

Shower 4th day PO

I finally got to shower this evening and it was quite an event. The shower went fine but it was a task putting all of the bandages back on. The tape we had purchase didn't stick well and the bandages kept coming off. I'm glad to be clean but I have had a bad burning pain on the right side of my incision ever since I sat down after the shower. Its persisted for over an hour now which has me concerned.

Day 5 PO

I woke up feeling better this morning and I see the swelling has already gone down some now that Tue drains are draining properly. I strip them often to try and make up for lost time, but when I do I can feel the right one suction which is a bit painful. I'm getting up and down pretty easy although sometimes my incision burns on the right side when trying to get up. I know it's because of accidental use of my stomach muscles. I never realized how much we use our core. During recovery you literally have to concentrate and breathe when getting up smd sitting down. I definitely have learned to appreciate my mobility and look forward to being able to comfortably do things on my own again. Fingers crossed that the swelling continues to subsied so that I have a "happy" appointment tomorrow afternoon! Hope everyone is healing well!

Horrible Burning Sensation

Help! I am 5 days post op and have been experiencing a horri Le burning sensation around the right side of my incision. I had my husband remove the bandage to make sure the wound hadn't opened and everything looks fine. The pain has brought me to tears. It hurts mostly when I get up and sit down, but today I felt the burning while lying completely still. Is or has anyone experienced this?

Emotional Breakdown Tonight

So I broke down and took a Tylenol 3 to ease the pain I'm in. Let me be clear that I didn't stop taking pain meds day 2 to be a hero. The constipation scared me more than the pain did, and since I can't take Vicoden or Percocet I didn't think the Tylenol 3 made that much of a difference. The burning was almost unbearable and the Tylenol 3 definitely helped. So on to the emotional breakdown....I was super emotional and felt guilty for putting my family through this ordeal for my own vanity. I feel bad that my husband is exhausted and my 14 year old son has been nothing short of an angel. I was (am) tired of being in pain, and being immobile, and having to ask everyone to help me with things. My wonderful husband reminded me of the many realself blogs that I had read to him that had women talking about the short bout with depression. It actually brought me some peace to be reminded that I am not the only woman who cried and had second thoughts about having the surgery, or felt guilty for her family. I realized that it's NORMAL and is part of the healing process for many woman. I didn't think I would go through a depression when I read the blogs. I thought I would be mentally prepared, but the truth of the matter is that nothing really can prepare you for this. Do I regret it? No, because I know how happy I'll be once I'm a bit further in the recovery process. I keep reminding myself to take it day by day and that everyone heals differently. I also like to read blogs of women who are further along in the process than I am so I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. This evening as I sit in my comfy rented recliner, with pillows tucked under every limb, a vanilla candle lit by my side, I realize that I'm going to be ok. My family is wonderful and so supportive and I need to focus on my recovery and the ups and downs that come with it. Deep breath.....relax.....everything is going to be ok. Goodnight friends.

Some pics before the surgery

PO Day 6 - with new pics

Today is a new day and I feel so much better. I'm still super sore, but mentally I feel I have turned a corner. I took off some of the bandages today as was pleasantly surprised to see some of the swelling has gone down and a waist is starting to form. I really like the shape of my boobs and I think they will look pretty natural when it's all said and done. I'm still having the burning pain around my incision, but I read it's normal which makes me feel better. I have a follow up appointment tomorrow with my PS so he can reevaluate my swelling and drains and change my dressings for me. I'm also really happy with how low my incision is. I will post pictures of it tonight when I take a shower. I will continue to remind myself to take the healing process day by day....it's definitely a marathon and not a race. I hope everyone is healing well!

Day 7 PO

I made it a week! YAY!! Today I go to see my PS to check on the drain issue. Although the swelling has gone down some, when I still have a pooch and a lot of swelling around the incision. I keep reading about people going out to lunch with friends, shopping etc. I still spend the good part of my day in a recliner. Perhaps I need to get up and go out somewhere as well? Should I be more mobile by now. Can some of you ladies share how you spend your days? I get up every hour or so and walk around for about 10 minutes and then I'm exhausted. I can't imagine grocery shopping yet. I'd love to hear from you!

Day 7 was Heaven!

Wow I had such a great day today. I woke up and decided I was going to drive myself the 45 minutes to my PS and I did! He clipped some stitches and told me I only need to wear bandages to cover my drains and belly button. They also told me I no longer need to apply ointment so that the wounds could dry out and scab. PS is happy with my progress and was suprised at how little bruising I have with the amount of lipo performed. I get my drains out on Tuesday! I then went to lunch, visited a friend, picked my son up from school and did laundry! I couldn't be more proud of myself lol.. it's the little things. I definitely feel like I've turned a corner. Aside from being exhausted and very swollen, I'm extremely happy!

Day 8 PO

I was worried that I may have done too much yesterday and would pay for it today....luckily not the case. I feel good. Regarding my swelling, my PS told me I was supposed to be wearing the spanx-like garment he had me purchase over the CG they provided. I was supposed to do that for the first two weeks. I am a little frustrated with communication...I get different information from different people in his office. The staff had told me I did not need to wear both together. I was worried that I may have messed up my results but he said I hadn't, I had just prolonged recovery uggghhh :( Oh well...I've had both garments on since last nice and they are very uncomfortable. I feel like I should be in the Renaissance Era wearing a corset dress lol. I can barely breather, but if it will help with the swelling I'll keep this sucker on for two weeks. Today has been good...I drove my son to school and then went shopping. I came home and took a shower and washed my hair and feel like a new person. I can't wait to get these drains out on Tuesday as they make showering a task. Hope everyone is doing well!

PO Day 11 - My stomach looks fat still :(

Hi ladies! I hope everyone had a great weekend and are healing well. I had a great weekend. I went to the park with my doggies and walked around and then watched my son and hubby play basketball. It felt great to get out and enjoy the sun. I am walking almost completely straight now which is great. I can get up and down pretty easily and aside from normal soreness and stiffness I feel great. I have an appointment tomorrow to get my drains out which I'm so looking forward too. They are cumbersome and I'm looking forward to showing "free" lol.

I'm still having a hard time accepting my tummy. I paid $16,000 cash and don't feel like my belly should stick out the way it does. I've seen pics on here of women with larger stomachs than I had and their post op pics show flat tummies and small waists. I have a small burn mark near my rib cage from when I burned myself ironing as a teenager. It's still in the same spot. If my stomach was pulled to tighten it, wouldn't it have moved? When I sit down, the bottom of my stomach pooches out and lays on my thighs? This is not the outcome I expected. Swelling is one thing, but tummy hangover is another. I'm going to talk to my PS tomorrow. I'm trying to keep a positive attitude, but when you pay a ton of money and you endure the pain of recovery, it's hard not to have the results that you anticipate and see everyone else getting.

Anyway, enough of the pity party. I hope you are all have a smooth recovery and have wonderful results from your surgeries. Happy Monday!

Large Tummy

Day 12-Operation Drain Removal

There better not be an April Fool's joke...these drains are coming out today lol. I'm feeling good and so excited for today's appt. I woke up this am and noticed the beginnings of a waist forming :) I posted a poc from this morning and two days ago and there's a noticeable difference. This made my morning! I've been getting chills the last two days and a tingling feeling all over. I assume it's my nerves fusing back together. It almost feels like when you have the flu and you skin sort of hurts? It feels weird but it reminds me that my body is healing which is good. I hope everyone is doing well. I will post about my appointment later!

Drains Removed

My appointment started out by the assistant telling me that u would most likely only be getting one drained removed....that the doctor NEVER removed them both at the same time and it would be another week until the other was removed :( Luckily my doc had other plans and removed them both! It didn't hurt but it felt very strange...gross actually lol. He told me to continue taking it easy (oops) and to wear both garments to minimize swelling. I also got the green light to begin scar therapy. Yay!

Day 13 PO

Good morning ladies! Nothing major to post today other than I'm feeling really good. I'm walking straight although I'm still pretty sore. Last night I tried to sleep flat on my back (I usually have an angled pillow that keeps me propped up), but it made me feel dizzy laying flat....weird. I find myself trying to stretch in the morning and then I'm reminded not to do that lol. I was really proud of myself for being out and about as much as I have been, but my PS wasn't happy with me lol. He told me to slow down and take it easy as that could be adding to my swelling issues. Here I thought I was helping myself. Although I'm feeling great, I'm a little apprehensive about returning to work on Monday. I'm not sure how I will fare sitting at my desk in my office for 8 hours. I definitely plan to bring some pillows to make myself more comfortable. I still can't fit into my jeans from BEFORE the surgery. My back is still very swollen from the lipo which I assume is the culprit. Is anyone else going through this? I want to go shopping, etc, but until I get through this swell hell I'm stuck feeling frumpy in sweats :( I hope everyone is doing and feeling great!

Pre Op vs 13 days Post Op

I still have a long way to go, but there has definitely been a major improvement from before the surgery and after. I'm really happy with my boobs, and I'm sure once he swelling goes down, I'll love my tummy as well!

Two Week Anniversary

Well, it's been two weeks since my surgery and I'm overall happy that I went through with it. I wish I would have lost some weight before the surgery as I think I would have had better results (I put on 20 lbs over the last year), but coulda, shoulda, woulda at this point. I know that I can take the shape the PS gave me and turn it into the banging body I've always wanted.

Yesterday evening I was extremely swollen and uncomfortable. After making dinner I decided to take a shower and head to bed. I started having really bad stomach pains and thought that maybe I needed some crackers as I had just taken some Tylenol. Nope....about an hour later I was running to the bathroom throwing up everywhere. THANK GOD I'm two weeks post op because the sheer thought of throwing up a week ago makes me cringe. I don't know if I have a stomach bug (still hurts today), or my body is ridding itself of toxins, but I woke up this morning and my stomach was flatter than it has been :) Today I took my son to school and then went to hang out with my best friend whose preggers with twins (she also has an 18 month old and a 4 year old). Then I went to get my nails done, and walked around Target for a bit. I tried on some bathing suits, but everything is too tight around my boobs at this point. These suckers are HUGE! I tried on a D bra and I was popping out of the sides (WHOA). I'm not complaining....I love them. Hope everyone is healing well! I'm about to take a nap!

Saying Goodbye To A New Friend

Well, my trusty medical recliner is being picked up today. I HIGHLY recommend getting one as it has been an absolute must have for me. It raised me almost to a standing position which game me a sense of independence during my recovery. I slept in it for a week when I was unable to get into my bed. I have spent my days in it comfortably watching tv and getting work done. It was well worth the $60 to have it during my two weeks off. The fact that it's getting picked up is a reminder that I'm going back to work on Monday (boo), but also that I'm well on my way to recovery. The fact that I no longer NEED it feels great, but I'm definitely sad to see it go.

Today has been uneventful. My swelling continues to go down and my tummy seems flatter every day. My "flank" on my right side sticks out and has a "dimple", which I'm not too happy about. I will see if it resolves by my next appointment in three weeks and if not will definitely address it then. I feel really good. My soreness is really minimal, and my back barely hurts anymore. I used the heating pad for the first time last night when I went to bed and was cursing myself for not using it sooner lol. It felt great on my lower back and I slept really well. My biggest issue right now is my boobs. Funny because I haven't felt anything from them, but now they are sore, sensitive, and itchy. I guess those are all good signs towards healing.

Back to work today

Well, it's now noon at work and I've made it through half of the day lol. It was nice coming back to the office and hearing that I was missed. I was surprised at how everyone is gawking about how big my boobs are....I didn't really think they were. They are very upright and at attention which is a good thing. I brought two small pillows to make myself more comfortable in my office, and so far so good. I am really tired thought, which I'm sure is normal. I bet I'll be exhausted by the time I get home this evening. I started on Medifast today...my doc told me to wait until I'm fully recovered, but I'm being stubborn. I'm not sure he's familiar with the program. I know I will drop a lot of water weight during the first two week which I hope will in turn help with the swelling. I want to drop the 20 lbs I gained before surgery. I figured I would do Medifast for the next two months since I can't go to the gym. Once I get the ok to work out (12 weeks I'm told), then I will stop the Medifast and revert to a health diet and exercise.

I can't wait for the healing to be done and the swelling to be gone. I have a convention in Vegas at the end of May and I'm hoping that I will look half way decent by then lol. I hope everyone is doing great!

20 Day PO Update

Well today is my 3rd day back at work. I was totally exhausted on the 1st day, but yesterday was much better. My swelling has gone down a lot. I started on Medifast on Monday so a lot of the water weight is going away. I drink about a gallon of water a day which helps. I'm going to do Medifast for about a month until I can go to the gym. Last night after work my hubby and son went to watch the Sacramento Kings play the Oklahoma Thunder. We had floor seats which was awesome. I was really concerned how I was going to handle sitting in a hard chair for 3 hours, but it was fine and we had a great time. I don't go back to my PS for two weeks, but everything seems to be healing nicely. My tummy tuck scar is super low and is healing well. I use Biocorneum gel ($95 for a big bottle) twice a day. This brand was recommended by my PS and all of the girls in his office. I still have scabbing on my boobs, but they are healing great as well. I hope everyone is doing well! I have attached some pics from this morning.

Side View - Swelling going down

Dangerous Curves Ahead

Hi ladies! Not much to report other than I'm feeling better each day. My boobs are really the only thing that bothers me at this point. Well, there is a hard spot along my tummy tuck incision that really burns if I cough, sneeze, or move in a certain way. I called my PS and his assistant says it's sounds like it's due to an internal stitch. She reminded me that I have a lot of stitches still on the inside and they will take a while to heal. I'm feeling good, but am completely exhausted by the time I get home in the evening. I typically walk in and head straight for my bed for an hour long nap. The swelling has really subsided. I actually have a curve again separating my lower back from my butt...for a while everything was flat as a board lol. I really need to get used to my curvy body. I've got this Jessica Rabbit look going on right now that I'm totally not used too. My boobs seem HUGE! I was going for a full C/small D but I'm definitely a FULL FULL EXTRA FULL D at this point. I haven't found a comfortable bra yet as everything leaves indentations and rubs on my incisions. Therefore I usually go braless. I know this isn't too smart because my boobs still need support and I definitely don't want them to sag. I need to hit up Soma and Victoria's Secret to find something that works for me. I'm still wearing two CG's...the full body suit my PS gave me and a second one I found at Walmart that works great. It's like a tank top, but the front goes under my boobs vs over them. It has "ultra firm" support and is really comfortable. I think it was only $16 (Score!). I'm still sleeping on my back as it hurts to lay on my side. I'm looking forward to being able to hit the gym and really transform my body, although I know it will be a while before I can do that. I have read a lot of women get the green light after 1 month, but my PS told me no exercise for 3 months. So I'm focusing on eating healthy and drinking a lot of water. That's all for now. I will post some pics later today or tomorrow. I hope everyone is healing great!

Quick Pic

I'm at work, but here's a quick pic. I have two compression garments on right now, but they are pretty comfortable.

Getting there!

Hope everyone is healing well and having a wonderful day!

4 Week Challenge

I'm going to Vegas in 28 days...let the challenge begin. I feel like if I post on here that I'm going to stick to Medifast for 28 days you ladies will help keep me accountable. Let's do this!!!!

5 Week PO Appt

Hello everyone! I haven't had much to update as not much has changed since last week. I started my 4 week challenge on Monday and will post my results weekly....so far it's going great! I had my 5 week PO appt yesterday and my PS was pleased with how everything is healing. I got the green light to go to the gym and do a light work-out (basically walking on the treadmill at an incline). Absolutely no abdominal work for a couple of more months. He also advised me to start massaging my implants and gave me a quick tutorial on how to do it. I have to wear my CG for two more weeks and then I'll be free!! I'm really looking forward to that day, although for the short period of time when I take it off to wash it, I look forward to putting it back on lol. It's actually really comfortable. I slept on my side for the first time last night which was monumental. It took me a few minutes to get comfortable. All in all, I'm starting to feel normal, which is great! My goal for the 4 week challenge is to lose 12-15 lbs. I'm only on day 4 of Medifast and I'm already down 6 lbs....water weight I know, but happy nonetheless. I may adjust my goal to 20 lbs depending on what my results are on Monday for the entire 1st week. I hope everyone is doing well!

No More CG

Hi ladies! Just a quick update....I stopped wearing my CG on Saturday, which was a little over 6 weeks after surgery. My doctor gave me the green light once I hit the 6 week mark. I'm definitely feeling like the old me again. My back is still sore from the lipo and I still have swelling back there. I'm still on my "challenge" and things are going good. I've been juicing and going to the gym, and am definitely feeling more energized. I have a small opening under my left breast where the anchor incision meets. It's not red and there is no discharge, and I read that this happens and is normal. I'm keeping gauze over it as my bra rubs right up against it. I'm still wearing the front closure sports bra until this opening heals. I can wait to go shopping for some sexy bra's. Healing is my focus now. I have posted some pics so you can see my progress. I hope everyone is doing fabulous!!

5 Months Post Op

Hello all. It has been quite some time since I posted an update. I had my 5 month post-op appointment today and things are going great. I feel great, and am thrilled with the results. My breasts look completely natural and "move" like they are all mine lol. It was important to me to have natural looking results. I love that I don't HAVE to wear a bra, but I still do most of the time for support. My doctor explained that breasts can still get saggy after a lift and implants. I am now a full D cup, which is exactly what I wanted. I get pain in my left breast every once in a while, but my PS said it's normal and likely just muscle spasms. I still don't have feeling in my nipples which is concerning, but I am told that it could take up to a year to get the sensation back.

My tummy tuck looks great and my stomach is completely flat. I actually have some definition in my abdominal area, and I have not been back to the gym yet. I was given the all clear to work out, but I've just been letting my body heal. I've decided to kick start my gym routine in October which will be 6 months post op. My body has been through a lot so I'm in no rush to push it. I absolutely love the way my clothes look. I can wear a tight dress, tuck in shirts, and even wear a bikini without feeling at all self conscious. It's definitely been liberating and my confidence has been boosted tremendously. I wish I had done this sooner, especially since my "baby" is 14. I posted some pictures taken this weekend :) I hope everyone is healing well!

Weight Loss

I forgot to mention in my post that I have lost 10 lbs since my surgery YAY! I want to lose another 20 and will continue to post updates with my progress :)

Almost 6 months PO

It's been almost 6 months since my surgery, and I couldn't be happier. I still want to drop about 15 more lbs, but I'm not stressing on it. I'm thoroughly enjoying my new body, and wore a bikini for the first time in 20 years a few weeks ago. It felt so liberating to be able to walk on the beach and not be self conscious. I actually felt sexy and confident, which was awesome. I enjoy getting dressed everyday because everything fits. No more muffin top!!! In fact, I need to go shopping because all of my clothes are big, but I want to wait until I lose the last of my weight before doing so. My bra size is a full D, but I actually think I could have gone bigger. My breasts look totally natural, which is great. I wasn't going for the porn star look. Since I had a lot of breast tissue, my implants were small and placed under the muscle. Therefore, if you feel my breasts they feel soft and real. I love that the bounce when I walk vs being stiff and "balloon like". My doctor did a phenomenal job, and I'm happier than I've ever been!!!
Dr. Shahriar Mabourakh