Worried About Removing my Breast Implants 525cc and No Longer Want Them - Folsom, CA

I got my breast implants back in 2009, after a...

I got my breast implants back in 2009, after a horrible divorce. I got them to make me feel better and was worried that with my very tiny breasts i would feel better about going back out in the dating world. However I enjoyed them for about one year and since than i have been hating my breast implants along with how large I feel they make me look. I lately keep getting anxiety attacks due to the pressure on my chest.

I use to be very thin, active and sporty, since receiving these implants I have been nothing of the sort. I'm 36 years old and want them out. I went to the plastic surgeon that put them in and he said they will not look good by taking them out and advised me not to do it. He said the skin would be very saggy, he said he could remove the current 525 cc implant and put in 325 cc implants which is what he advised. I just don't want any implants. But also don't know what I would do with extremely saggy breasts. Please give me any advice or maybe pictures of anybody else that had gone through this. I really appreciate anybody's input or experience.

Going down in size

Well I made my decision; after seeing numerous PS all which say i will not be happy just explanting such large implants and what it will look like I will be downsizing to 300 silicone implants on the 17th of June. I am really nervous as to what the smaller implants will look like and am terrified of another surgery but I no longer want such large breasts. So hopefully after much time and consideration i made the right decision.

Hi! I'm pretty sure we had the same PS, are you having him do the downsize?
Dr. Kaufman is doing the down size.
:) well your in the best possible hands, he does an amazing jobs with lifts. I downsized a year ago with him before I ended up having to explant because I kept getting CC. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out, I love his staff but I always thought of questions afetr my apt. :)
I had my implants under the muscle, saline, and overfilled for 16 plus years. I just got them out a week ago. I have no regrets!!! I am flat and love it. They are going to take some time to bounce back, but I'm okay with that. You've only had them in for 7 years? I think you would be okay with removal, but I would agree that you would need a surgeon who is willing to work with you. I had a surgeon who didn't make me feel like I was going to look horrible because I wasn't buying more implants from him. I wish you the best, and hope you can get the results that you can be comfortable and happy with!!! (FYI, from Folsom and Auburn... shout-out!!) Good luck. Keep us updated. :)
We are neighbors(: I live in Auburn!
Hi I just got you letter Honestly you have not had your implants as long as mine I had mine for a little over 9. Years. Had them out 1 week and a day now. I don't have the upper pole fullness but they are improving with time and 24 7 with keeping them in with sports bras. Over all I'm glad I did it. It was shocking too at first but again they seem keep looking better. Can't wait to start working out again. Hope this helps. Have any questions just ask. Hugs.
Hi, I was in the same boat and just got mine out. They feel amazing! Try to find a doctor to accept you want them out and go with that doc. That's what I did. Took a few appointments then finally found one willing to do the explant and he was amazing. It feels wonderful without the weight and worry. I'm getting a push up bra in a few weeks. Good luck to you!!
Hello, I am having explant on March 20th and the worry that I had has eased with each day as the surgery gets closer. I am 52 and have had mine in for 23 years, I will not be doing a lift or having anything else put in but I will be accepting myself however I look. I saw several PS that said I would be saggy and flat and I should replace them with smaller implants I only have 360's. Well finally I met a PS that listened to me, he is kind, gentle and honest. I went for my post op last week with a list of questions, will my nipples sink in, will I look horrible, will I have flat sacks on my chest ect the ususal concerns we all have. Now mind you he doesn't have a crystal ball but he has experience and lots of it. I expext to be an A cup with some sag and I am ok with that. I think the best advice is to take them out wait 6 months to a year and decide from there what you want to do. As you research you will see that so many of the woman have skin that shrinks and forgives their body. Hang in there and listen to your heart.
Thank you for sharing your story. My heart says take them out and be my old self, however I guess I wish I had a crystal ball ... Haha to see what it's going to look like. I would love you have no more plastic. I wish you the best of luck on your surgery and hope all goes well. You seem very strong and I know you will enjoy being yourself again. Thanks.
They usually advise other smaller ones...but remember it is your body. I had 800's for 13yrs and just had them out 3 wks ago. I feel sooooo much better. Yes, at first it was quite shocking, but I do not want to go through any more surgeries and love my saggy boobies. They are already look and feel so much better. You look like you have very tight skin in the pic...will probably bounce right back to the littlies in no time. :)

It seems like a lot of doctors recommend smaller/different implants rather than removing them because it's hard for them to make a change that doesn't make you look fabulous. It goes against their grain.

There are other surgeons willing and happy to remove your implants for you, though. You might just have to call around and go on some other consultations.

Yes, your skin might sag a little, but your breasts may also bounce back surprisingly well. If you haven't already, scroll through other breast implant removal reviews on this site and look at the before and after pics.

Good luck and please keep us posted!