Finally Built Up the Courage! - Flushing, NY

I've always had a huge bump on my nose. My tip was...

I've always had a huge bump on my nose. My tip was fine, but the bump made me very self-conscious. I never really considered plastic surgery up until I came to college and knew I had to do something about feeling so insecure about myself. I had septoplasty 3 years ago for a deviated septum, but was too chicken to do rhinoplasty. Throughout the years, I have prepared myself mentally and emotionally and knew I was ready for this.

Anyway, I had my rhinoplasty on Thursday, January 24th 2013 and I am 3 days post-op. I had a hump removal, along with minor dome binding in the tip just to keep my face proportionate. I felt no pain at all throughout the surgery and recovery period and my bruising has been pretty minimal. I do have swelling going on around my cheeks/under my eyes.

I get my cast taken off on Thursday, January 31st and I am pretty nervous. I have a bandage/cast over my nose right now and I can see my tip, which hasn't changed much (which i am happy about since I was comfortable with my tip). I am very anxious about how my bridge will look. I am worried it will be so swollen and I will be scared/disappointed right after my cast comes off. I go back to the real world on Monday, February 4th which will be 10 days post-op. Does anyone know if I will look presentable by this time? Also, what can I expect my bridge to look like after the cast is taken off? Thanks in advance :)

I've been so bad with keeping this up to date! But...

I've been so bad with keeping this up to date! But its been about 7 weeks post op and I LOVE my nose and my new found confidence :) its honestly the best decision I have ever made and so worth the $4000!!!!!!

Referred by my ENT

What is the doctors name please?
Hey! How is the new nose? Was it what you were hoping for?

Thanks for starting your story on RealSelf! The answers to those questions are totally individual. I did look presentable a week after surgery, but I didn't swell or bruise that much.

Will you be posting photos so we can see your transformation?