Diastasis Recti and Umbilical Hernia After Second Child - Flowood, MS

I am 31 years old with three children (7, 3 and 12...

I am 31 years old with three children (7, 3 and 12 weeks). I learned after having my second child that I had a bad case of diastasis recti and an umbilical hernia. I didn't get it fixed at that particular time. After my third child was born, I now have a severe case of diastasis recti and a hernia. I consulted with a general surgeon to repair my hernia and he recommended me to a plastic surgeon, whom is scheduled to fix both problems.

I am currently 5'1'' and 129 lbs, size 2. I am very petite and since having kids I have really had self esteem problems with the look of my stomach. Being that I am so petite, the pooch really shows and is very noticeable. I am tired of wearing not one but two girdles at a time. Therefore I just decided to take the leap of faith and get the procedure.

The plastic surgeon informed me that I will need a tummy tuck and a little lipo. Honestly I am extremely scared, literally all I do now is read articles and people stories on the internet about tummy tuck. I am scared of the surgery itself, the pain afterwards, and the scar. But I do know that if I get my stomach back flat again, My confidence will skyrocket again.
So my surgery is scheduled for August 14th and it seems like it is taking forever for that day to come. Can anyone who have had this procedure help me in anyway possible by giving advice...etc musts to have a home prior to surgery, the do's and dont's, scar therapy treatment, how to cope with the pain.... any advice will help.

Hey lady. How'd it go? I pray all is well and you're healing wonderfully. Do you have any updates or after pics? Had my procedure last Friday, 08/17/12, and I'm doing ok. Well, happy healing and keep us posted! :D

My OB referred me to this particular doctor and also when I went for a consult for my hernia repair, the general surgeon referred me to the same doctor therefore I thought if two medical doctors referred me to this particular doctor....he must be good. I also researched his credentials and looked at numerous operations that he performed.