Breast Cancer Survivor to Get TT - West Palm Beach, FL

I had 2 children more than 30 years ago and have...

I had 2 children more than 30 years ago and have been yo-yoing with my weight since then. I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2009 and hade a partial mastectomy, chemo, and radiation, ending in July 2010. During the next 8 months, I lost 70 pounds. In March of 2011 I was found to have a benign tumor the size of a golf ball in the same breast. I had a completed mastectomy and reconstruction surgery of both breasts to make them the same size. I had 2 doctors - one to remove the tumor and a PS.

My PS did such a great job with my breasts that I decided to get a TT with lipo, along with a hysterectomy and bladder repair at the same time. I will have 2 doctors again - a GYN and a PS. It will all go down next week on Friday, the 24th. I am 57 years old and so excited about this!

On top of getting all this surgery, I am changing jobs and will have a total of 3 weeks off but only 2 weeks post surgery. One week to get ready. My husband is very supportive and I was surprised that he was willing to spend the money. He may have been impressed with my breasts too -lol!

Wow you are amazing and a brave woman.  You have been through so much and this is all very impressive.  You sound like a very strong woman.

If I could please give you one piece of advice...OMG have more than two weeks off after surgery.  You are going to need it!  You are having a lot done and will need a minimum of three weeks for recovery before returning to work.

Go slow and easy the first six weeks and do very little.

I will be very excited to ready about your journey as you go through this process.   I think it is amazing that you are doing all of this for yourself.

Keep us up to date:)

Hugs and healing thoughts are coming your way.

I guess I could request another week off but it's not the best way to start a new job. I was afraid to ask them to wait the 3 weeks but they did accept that. I am an occupational therapist and I will be starting work in an independent living facility and won't need to be lifting anything and I think I will be able to go slow and easy. My husband can drive me to work.

Yes that is a tough call with a new job.  From experience I can tell you that two weeks post op from a tummy tuck and lipo alone was hell.  I ended up having to request another 10 days off.  But you having all of these other procedures done as well only adds to the recovery.

Your hubby driving you would be wonderful.   I am not trying to discourage you; only concerned for your well being.

You are a strong lady after all you have been through but this is just another level of healing.  It is a good thing that you will not have to do any lifting though.  You need to be pretty low key for the first six weeks post op.

Only a few more days now until my TT. Tomorrow I...

Only a few more days now until my TT. Tomorrow I go to the PS and get more info and prescriptions. Already had my blood tests done and Thursday I go to the hospital for my pre-op. I'm going to spend the rest of the days getting everythingin order so that I have no problems when I come home from the hospital. I have 5 steps into my house and I don't know if I'll be able to get up them. And I'm going to take pre-op pictures and post them this week. Yea- that's something everyone wants to see -haha!

My God, what a journey, I wish you the best of luck! You are a Survivor & my pain doesn't compare to what you have been through.

All will go fine for you, I can not wait to read about it!

Be Blessed, although, you already are!
Thank you! Saw my PS today and he said he was going to be "aggressive" in giving me a great shape. I also met the nurse who will be staying with me through the first night at the hospital. I am so looking forward to this!

My husband is having his 50th high school reunion next month and I am so excited to be going (hopefully) with a great body. I only worry that I may be too swollen but I would have to look better than I do now.
Best of everything to you! Continue to treat your amazing body so well. Isn't wonderful how we heal and heal again?!
Dr. Harold Bafitis