Disappeared Within a Week - Florida

I have acne issues and developed a HUGE acne cyst...

I have acne issues and developed a HUGE acne cyst on my cheek. I used to get steroid shots for cysts but hadn't in years. My skin used to never scar from acne but within the last four years has done so terribly. I got an appointment with a dermatologist recommended by my general physician to get a steroid shot to shrink the cyst, thinking that if we took care of it ASAP I wouldn't scar. Boy was I wrong. Within three days the cyst disappeared but a HUGE crater developed. It was so deep it was painful to touch. I have lots of scars and I'm in the process of treating them, but this thing horrified me.

I got an appointment to get some filler injected. The dermatologist was sensitive to my needs and suggested Prevelle Silk as it was less expensive than other fillers. I've had other fillers injected in my scars before, but this name was new to me. The dermatologist's assistants slathered on numbing cream and I laid back on the table for it to do its thing. When the dermatologist injected the stuff, there was no pain, which was wonderful. He told me he used a lot in the huge scar and used the rest in random scars on my face. I looked in the hand mirror and, under those terrible, hateful lights, I thought he did the best he could do. The huge crater did seem to be filled in, and it definitely was not painfully sensitive anymore.

The next day I carefully touched the places he'd injected, expecting the hardness I'd come to know from other fillers I'd had injected. To my surprise, there wasn't that lumpiness or hardness, which was fantastic, but within a few days I noticed the huge crater was basically falling back in. So here I am...waiting until next week to get back into the office to see what he can do to fix this. I know fillers aren't as generally used for acne scars as they are for plumping lips, lines, etc. but I do expect more for my money than this.

After my disappointment with the Prevelle Silk, my...

After my disappointment with the Prevelle Silk, my dermatologist used Restylane to fill in the deep, painful pit that was left from the acne cyst. He injected the Restylane using a Botox needle very evenly and expertly and it has lasted for a very long time...longer than I expected, actually! I've had Restylane injected into acne scars in the past, but never this evenly and the product has never lasted this long. Quite pleased with his skills and will continue to ask for Restylane as I continue working to reduce the appearance of my acne scars.

The dermatologist is polite, friendly, and I'm quite comfortable around him. He seems sensitive to my needs and answers any questions I ask. I don't particularly care for his office staff. Those who answer the phones are ok, but there are a TON of them at the small front desk and mingling around when you are escorted to the exam rooms. They often just LOOK at you as you're walking to the exam rooms. They brush in and out of the exam room while you're sitting on the table without knocking or acknowledging you. When I had the cream applied, the woman told an intern, I suppose, "You just get a lot and smear it on there." And while I'm thankful she did use a LOT on my cheeks, she put none on my chin, and said, "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't tell you it would be cold," AFTER she'd already slapped in on my left cheek.