My Unsuccessful Lipoma Removals - Florida

About 12 years ago I developed a lipoma on left...

About 12 years ago I developed a lipoma on left side of my forehead after bumping my forehead. I went to a plastic surgeon who had me get an MRI prior to removal. He surgically removed it in the hospital as an outpatient. Approx 5 years later it reappeared - went to same dr who this time removed it under local anesthesia in his office.

Terrible experience - felt no pain but could feel tugging and pulling. After surgery my left eyebrow was paralyzed for approx 6 months - finally got feeling back in it. Approx 3 years later, it reoccurred. Went to a new plastic surgeon who removed it in hospital as outpatient. Again eyebrow was semi-paralyzed for a few months and my left eye is now slightly smaller than the right.

Now less than 2 years later, it is back again. I'm afraid to have it removed again as I don't want my eye to get any smaller. I've been told there are a lot of nerves connected to the eye in this area and it is a very delicate procedure.

Thanks for posting your story. I'm really sorry about all your regrowths... can they do another MRI before this removal, to make sure they don't damage anything else?

I had an MRI done before my last surgery and still had the damage done.

Just as a follow-up to my last post about the...

Just as a follow-up to my last post about the recurring lipoma. I was told by another plastic surgeon that it should be removed and it was approx 6 weeks ago. The biopsy this time came back an a-typical lipoma and later diagnosed a sarcoma. Surgeon went back in and cut around margins and this time he got it all. I also had a ct scan of lungs and mri of brain to make sure it hadn't spread. I was told I was very lucky and that these lipomas after 1st excision come back each time with different characteristics. I had 2 drs tell me to leave it alone this time - I'm glad I didn't.

Oh my... thank you for updating! I am so glad you're okay. What a close call.

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Checked his credentials out on internet.