My Unsuccessful Lipoma Removals - Florida

About 12 years ago I developed a lipoma on left...

About 12 years ago I developed a lipoma on left side of my forehead after bumping my forehead. I went to a plastic surgeon who had me get an MRI prior to removal. He surgically removed it in the hospital as an outpatient. Approx 5 years later it reappeared - went to same dr who this time removed it under local anesthesia in his office.

Terrible experience - felt no pain but could feel tugging and pulling. After surgery my left eyebrow was paralyzed for approx 6 months - finally got feeling back in it. Approx 3 years later, it reoccurred. Went to a new plastic surgeon who removed it in hospital as outpatient. Again eyebrow was semi-paralyzed for a few months and my left eye is now slightly smaller than the right.

Now less than 2 years later, it is back again. I'm afraid to have it removed again as I don't want my eye to get any smaller. I've been told there are a lot of nerves connected to the eye in this area and it is a very delicate procedure.

Just as a follow-up to my last post about the...

Just as a follow-up to my last post about the recurring lipoma. I was told by another plastic surgeon that it should be removed and it was approx 6 weeks ago. The biopsy this time came back an a-typical lipoma and later diagnosed a sarcoma. Surgeon went back in and cut around margins and this time he got it all. I also had a ct scan of lungs and mri of brain to make sure it hadn't spread. I was told I was very lucky and that these lipomas after 1st excision come back each time with different characteristics. I had 2 drs tell me to leave it alone this time - I'm glad I didn't.

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Checked his credentials out on internet.

Oh my... thank you for updating! I am so glad you're okay. What a close call.

Thanks for posting your story. I'm really sorry about all your regrowths... can they do another MRI before this removal, to make sure they don't damage anything else?

I had an MRI done before my last surgery and still had the damage done.