Very Bad Experience - New Port Richey, FL

I went for the first time--explaining that i had a...

I went for the first time--explaining that i had a special event 9 days later---the girl went way too deep--after 24 hours---my Whole face scabbed over---5 days later and people still think i was dragged on the ground on concrete. I'm on medication to prevent infection.

Blue Medi Spa/Dr. Perich

ruined my face when I kept being told that i had beautiful skin--she knew i had a major event and had never had one so y the heck did she go so deep. scabbed and beginning to scar

Try using human growth hormone to help heal it quikly!
OMG sorry yeah she was too aggressive. Did she use crystals or diamond tip? How are you now?
I've had the Microderm abrasion to many times to count with good results always, even on the highest setting which I've also had your expeience seems extreme, are you sure it wasn't Dermabrasion?? in any event I hope all is well now and also for the event you had to go to back then... "-)
I had a similar experience. I didn't get an infection. But I had about 10 super red lines on my face following my second micro-dermabrasion treatment. In that treatment the Teachers assistant entered the room during the process and turned the power up. When I returned a week later to complain about the spots the Teachers Assistant when asked by the owner of the school if she used the lightest setting outright lied. Dozens of phone calls and run-around and two months later.. The scars are still visible at about 50%. I have been trying to fade them using a fade cream for a month. Next month I confess I will consult a dermatologist to see what the dermatologist can do. What I learned as result of this process..don't go to school for this procedure...If you are African American ensure that your treatment is performed by somoeone who understands that they lightest setting is the only one that is safe, and that they understand that they must overlap the passes, they can't lift the tool or you will have track marks on face if you react.
It looks to me - from the result and the price - that you got Dermabrasion, not microdermabrasion. Microdermabrasion is about $150 on average and isn't the same thing as dermabrasion (which I didn't think they even did anymore).
I have had microdermabrasion and Vibradermabrasion many times at salons, medi spa and dermatologist office NEVER have I experienced anything more then very slight flaking, the price you paid is also ridiculously high so not sure if something could be different. If this really was from a dr maybe it worth persuing legal action
Hi Britt----yes I went back and was told this is "normal"---i have spoken to both men and woman that have had this multiple times from different people and they have "never ever" experienced anything even close to this- My event is in 2 days----I am using everything to keep the face hydrated---I hope it works-- I would like to know if this is so normal why have i never seen any before and after pictures with these results?

Hi hockey,

Oh I hope you can find something to help in the next two days. You don't want to end up like when Samantha from Sex and the City had to go to the book signing right after Microdermabrasion ;). So I went through all our "Not Worth It" reviews in Microdermabrasion and you are correct there are not a lot who experienced what you have, I found one from Cow you might want to check it out, maybe it will help. Keep us updated if you were able to go to your part.

Thanks so much for your review,

-Britt

That is NOT normal. Years ago I did 6 treatments. I was young and really did not need it so I only saw small improvements. Never did I have anything like that. My experience was a sunburn feel for two days with some light flaking. Never was a problem for me.

Hi hockey,

Welcome to the Microdermabrasion community. Oh my that does look painful. I'm glad you are on medicine to prevent infection. Did you go back and talk to the doctor. Your event is very soon, are you going to be able to go? Pleas keep us updated and thanks for the pictures.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt