Liposuction of Flanks, Stomach, Lower Back - Florida

Hi, I am a mom of two- 6 years and 3 years old. I...

Hi, I am a mom of two- 6 years and 3 years old. I am 39 years old and do moderate exercise (running 2x/week, walking a lot, some weights). I never had a "flat" stomach, but after the two babies, my upper stomach was paunchy and my flanks were extreme! I couldn't lose the hips, even with running and cardio. I decided on liposuction to get to these parts- as well as the lower back area (I had a patch of "fat" there even before the babies), so never had that "scooped" out back that I love so much in profiles.

I went under general anesthesia because my doctor recommended it. He would need to do my front, sides and back and it is easier for him to get to it. I was hesitant at first and actually didn't make up my mind until I was in my gown and IV and talking with the anesthesiologist (who was very kind and explained it all well). I didn't have any fears after that, so I let them put me to sleep. The procedure was quicker that way (1.5 hours) and because this doctor does so many, he doesn't leave the stitches open.

The downside for me is that healing takes longer. The fluid they pumped into me stayed for months- and I couldn't really get a feel for what I would look like until the 3 months mark. I'm at 4 months now, and consider this to be the best I need. If I do lose any more fluid, then it will only be icing on the cake. I am VERY happy with the results.

I wore my garments religiously, every day and night for 2 months and then every night for the 3rd month. I stopped wearing anything in month 4, and then sensitively in my flanks (where the MOST fat was taken out), is almost non-existent.

I was VERY sore for about a week after. I laid in bed for 3 straight days. I think I had a lot of areas done and this was the cause of the discomfort. I stopped the pain meds day 3, and just used over the counter for about a week after. I was bloated as well, but this receded after week 2 mostly.

They took out almost 5 lbs of fat. I noticed this loss right away- I was 7 pounds less after surgery. However, over the next 3 months, this weight stabilized, and I went back to my per-surgery weight. Interesting enough, when I stopped wearing the garments at month 4, I lost seven pounds. I guess this is the extra fluids? I noticed a big difference in my blanks and lower back between month 3 and now.

My photos are of my before and after of side, front and back. I would recommend this to anyone who is not happy with strategic areas that can't be melted away by exercise. I love being a Mom, but I wasn't happy with what the pregnancies left of my body shape. Lipo helped me get that back, and to be honest, makes me look better (I think) then I did before the pregnancies!

If you have any other questions, or any comments, please share. I hope my experience will help you in your decision.

Who was the doctor?
Hi I dont think his name is neccessary, but he was well researched and very qualified he also came recommended.
Hi I am 36 years old and have two children, one aged eight and the other is almost 3. I have recently (6 days post operation) had liposuction to the front and sides of my tummy area. I have been researching this and surgeons for 5 years now so do feel I did go to a good surgeon and hopsital. I have recenttly been feeling down as I firstly didnt realise how sore I was going to be and secondly even though I researched and new the results werent to be seen straight after I still expected to see them. So reading about your results and how long it reslistically takes has reasured me. I also have a bloated belly just near and under my belly button area and this really concerned me as this is the area I really wanted reduced. I was quite upset to still see it looking rond and full. So yet agan I am hoping like you this will get smaller over time. Im glad you got the results you did, your pictures look great I just hope mine are as good as yours! Thanks for the uplift x
You look AMAZING...congrats...I am glad u r Happy....awesome results!!
Thanks for the great photos!!! It's uplifting to see that it really DOES take time for the results to take shape. You look really great and I can see the a big difference even between month 3 and 4!

My PS also had to sew me up (ie. didn't leave the incisions open) because of how many places they did... so I guess that also means they left in a lot of fluid! Good to know that I still have a lot of healing to do.

Did you also change your diet to lose those extra pounds since the surgery (the ones before month 3 and 4) or did they literally just drop off? That's interesting that you lost them after you stopped wearing the garment!

Happy for your results! Again you look wonderful :)
Thank you for your wonderful comments- made my day! When I went into this, I knew final results would take up to 6 months because that is what everyone told me, but I didn't really accept it, so the first 3 months were very hard emotionally...but yes, when I took the garment off, the weight did just drop. I didn't change anything in my diet either, so I really do attribute it to length of time post op and taking off the garment, since those were my only two changes! You didn't say how far you are post op, but yes, just keep the faith, it WILL happen for you too. Everyone is different, I know that- but the fluid eventually has to come out one way or the other :) Best Wishes!!