I am a 40 y/o female - Don't Do It! - Florida

I am a 40 y/o female who had some minor sun damage...

I am a 40 y/o female who had some minor sun damage exacerbated by pregnancy as well as some minor acne scars from over the years. I was also starting to notice the wrinkles settling in more so I wanted to tackle it all in one fell swoop with the DOT laser treatment. I wish I could go back in time because it has ruined my face!!!

My recovery was way longer than the PS said, my face never looked like they said it would (always worse) and then he tells me that "they recalibrated the laser the day you did your treatment. That's why you've had a longer recovery." I believe my face has been burned. It is now 2 months later and I have red streaks and blotches on both sides of my face and forehead that are not able to be fully concealed with makeup. I am now also very oily and breaking out like a teenager!! I cannot go anywhere without tons of makeup and it still looks bad.

Don't be fooled by the DOT laser website that says "no adverse effects"!!! This is a nightmare and I want my old skin back!!!!

There are some mild patches on some people briefly which fade; yours were true damage.
It's your doctor and the recalibration (or recalibration was unnoticed). This is a case where you could sue.
I would recommend Vit. C topically and a good antioxidant serum to help heal it. Even take large amounts of Vit. C orally seemed to help!! Good Luck!

He should be more aware of adjustments in the laser and how that affects his patients!!!! Nothing I was told about the process was accurate! Every visit after the treatment, I was told, "it is fine, it will fade."