Don't Do It! - Florida

I am a 40 y/o female who had some minor sun damage...

I am a 40 y/o female who had some minor sun damage exacerbated by pregnancy as well as some minor acne scars from over the years. I was also starting to notice the wrinkles settling in more so I wanted to tackle it all in one fell swoop with the DOT laser treatment. I wish I could go back in time because it has ruined my face!!!

My recovery was way longer than the PS said, my face never looked like they said it would (always worse) and then he tells me that "they recalibrated the laser the day you did your treatment. That's why you've had a longer recovery." I believe my face has been burned. It is now 2 months later and I have red streaks and blotches on both sides of my face and forehead that are not able to be fully concealed with makeup. I am now also very oily and breaking out like a teenager!! I cannot go anywhere without tons of makeup and it still looks bad.

Don't be fooled by the DOT laser website that says "no adverse effects"!!! This is a nightmare and I want my old skin back!!!!

He should be more aware of adjustments in the laser and how that affects his patients!!!! Nothing I was told about the process was accurate! Every visit after the treatment, I was told, "it is fine, it will fade."

There are some mild patches on some people briefly which fade; yours were true damage.
It's your doctor and the recalibration (or recalibration was unnoticed). This is a case where you could sue.
I would recommend Vit. C topically and a good antioxidant serum to help heal it. Even take large amounts of Vit. C orally seemed to help!! Good Luck!
I hope you are now better and am so sorry for what you have gone through. Can you provide an update and what steps, if any, you found useful. I am in a similiar situation, same type of response from the doc -- this will fade. 6 weeks out and I still have red grid marks on my face and a huge patch of brown under one eye (he did one lower eyelid and not the other). I too regret ever having this done. Please everyone reading this ask what the settings are if you still dedcide to proceed after reading this.
Still have blotchy, uneven redness all over my face. Trying to figure out what to do next to try and get rid of the damage which is worse than what I was initially trying to get rid of!!!!
Can you tell us how you are now...?
Hi I also live in Florida and was considering the smartxide dot laser. Could you tell me where you had this done? You can e-mail me if you don't want to post name. Thank You.
Hi dont,

how is your skin now?

Hi dont,

I'm so sorry this has and is till happening to you. I can't belive they even told you they recalibrated the laser, that's not very reasuring for you. Please keep us updated and I really hope you can find something or someone to help.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt