Here's Hoping - Florida

Just had South Beach Peel (bbl and laser) on...

Just had South Beach Peel (bbl and laser) on 1/10/11. Numbing cream worked pretty well-not much pain during procedures. Significant burning for about 2 hours right afterward. Day 1 very red, swollen and throbbing, day two a little better.

Today is day 3 - no pain, slightly less red and swollen but lots of itching. Now that swelling has gone down somewhat I'm surprised that can see the wrinkles I had before the procedure. Will they improve? Using Aquaphor and Cetaphil. Today I can see that some of the dead skin is peeling away. They told me downtime would be 10/12 days. We'll see.

I did only have the one treatment. It was 50 microns, 7 day recovery. I was advised that one treatment would do the trick. I did have a followup with Medlite since the initial peel did not successfully fade the sun spots on my cheeks. At $1700 a shot, four treatments seems like quite an investment with significant downtown with each one. I am considering having one more treatment though. I will consult with my dermatologist in the fall and see what she thinks. Thanks for the post.
Day 7 now and sluffing of skin is complete. Skin looks "refreshed" but wrinkles are still there. Downtime seems to be over and I plan to go out today and will require very little makeup around perimeter where there is still some redness. Most disappointing thing is that some of the age spots are still visible. Disappointing since that was one of my primary reasons for going through all of this with one procedure. I don't think that will improve but "here's hoping".
Did you only have one treatment? I work in a medical spa that does the "south beach" peel as well and we suggest four treatments to see optimal results. Just wondering if you have had any follow-up sessions;) Thanks!

Dermatologist was very informative and straighforward. Assistant called twice to followup and provided personal cell phone for any questions or concerns day or night.