Smart Lipo A Bust For Me - Florida, FL

I elected to have Smartlipo due to chronic pain...

I elected to have Smartlipo due to chronic pain and injuries from a MVA; these issues preclude me from working out the way I could before the accident.

I've now had TWO surgeries, with the second being called an "enhancement" because the first one didn't change a thing. I had my abs and hips done both times. After the second procedure, I've lost one inch from my hips and that's it. I now have terrible bra overhang and a muffin top where I didn't have either before. It seems that the fat was not extracted properly and has now simply relocated and settled happily in a new home. It's horrible for my self-esteem, which should have been greatly improved after two procedures.

Like most people who have done thorough research and visited different clinics before deciding to have this surgery, I envisioned myself at least a size smaller in the end. I even refrained from buying any pants, skirts, shorts, etc. before my surgery because I was so sure I would need a smaller size afterwards. I am exactly the same size after TWO surgeries. MAJOR disappointment and obviously there are mixed results. For obvious reasons, I've opted not to include any photos.

I wanted to add that the total fat extracted was...

I wanted to add that the total fat extracted was 1,800 cc's the first time around and 500 the second. According to conversion info I retrieved online, this equates to approximately 10 cups of fat. How can that possibly equate to only one inch lost in my hips and zero lost in my tummy and the sides of my waist?

I had never met my doctor before the first procedure. All details except the actual surgery were attended to by clinic staff, who are wonderful. I received one brief phone call from my doctor the day after both surgeries.

Where was this in florida?
The clinic is located east of downtown Orlando. This is all I want to disclose for now since I'm still a patient there and the staff frequently reviews this site to see feedback. In fact, they recommended this site to me before I made my decision about Smartlipo.
I've basically received feedback similar to that posted by other unhappy Smartlipo patients, which is, "You need to give it more time." Note, however, that although this statement was made several times, the photos and measurements told the story 3 months following my first procedure. Even the physician agreed at that time that my results were unacceptable and the enhancement procedure was his decision entirely. On different occasions, I was told by the clinic staff that my results weren't uncommon and that the results were very rare. As in, "We've never seen this happen before, but don't worry, we will make sure that we really do a good job the second time around." Unbelievable. This clinic is without a doubt the best in my area, but they have 2 locations and I opted to go with the one closest to my home. That meant not having my procedure performed by the doctor who has earned rave reviews. I requested having this doctor perform my enhancement procedure and was told this was not an option. It will be interesting to see what happens when I visit the clinic next month for my second 3-month follow up.

Hi Sanford,

I'm so sorry to hear what you've been through. Did your doctor's office have any explanation for the lack of results?