I'm Afraid I'll Never Be the Same Since Fraxel! I Was Told That I'd Love the Results...Florida, FL

As I am emotional writing this review, I know what...

As I am emotional writing this review, I know what it's like to search for any kind of answers... unfortunately I don't have any, I only know that I've kinda lost hope on my damage getting better and would like to share my story. I am a little more than a year out from my Fraxel nightmare and have pitted dents and scars that were never there before. Yes the aging process has been dramatically speed up with fine lines & loss of volume, but the worst part is looking in the mirror knowing that I made a choice based on the thought that I'd love the results! have struggled everyday with this as I knew very shortly after the procedure that something went wrong... I'm in my 30's and look much older now, before I never looked my age. I originally went to my dermatologist for superficial breakouts that I was having, and he informed me it was not acne but that I was allergic to nuts. But I'm a perfectionist so I wanted my skin to look better faster instead of letting the natural healing process take place... I did it this. It's proven to be the biggest mistake I could have ever made!!! Now I'm wondering what my next step is? I want to repair this awful damage but I am terrified of lasers. I'm not sure if it's just Fraxel that causes this, I've read numerous cases of these same damaging effects because of it. I have kept this to myself besides a select few, I try so very hard to keep what I'm going through under wraps, but people that know me have noticed a difference not just in my appearance but also my once happy picture taking, bubbly, outgoing personality slowly fading away... but trust me, I'm fighting to keep this bubbly girl alive :) I do have an amazing husband that God has blessed me with, he has loved me and tried to help me through this! I also have an awesome God that created our body's to be able heal themselves. I'm sorry that I choose not to post pics, maybe one day I can/will do so... I can only pray that this may help others because it has taken this long for me to write this review.

Wow! I'm so sorry this happened to you. Staying stong for our loved ones is a blessing sometimes because we can't dwell on what we've lost. You sound very brave I hope things get better for you!
Thank you for selflessly sharing your experience to reach others that may be struggling with the negative side effects of laser. It's wonderful when results are positive but there is always risk and I am sorry that you have had the negative effects. I can relate to your feelings and when I read the following: "I try so very hard to keep what I'm going through under wraps, but people that know me have noticed a difference not just in my appearance but also my once happy picture taking, bubbly, outgoing personality slowly fading away... but trust me, I'm fighting to keep this bubbly girl alive :)" It takes me back to when I felt the very same way, although a very different situation I had the same emotional impact as I also made a choice thinking I would love my results only to end up devastated. I am proud of you that you are fighting to keep that bubbly girl alive and that you have support to help you.

Again, I thank you for taking the time to tell us your story and hope you can keep us posted and one day share some photos but most importantly that you recover from this and reclaim your happiness. I am confident that you will in time just hang in there.
Eva, I am truly sorry to hear that you too have gone through such a life changing experience, but choose to keep on keeping on. And thank you for your kind and understanding words, most people can't relate. The physical scars are visibly apparent but it's hard to sum up into words what emotional scarring this has caused that we battle on a daily basis. I've read up on Fraxel Wayne here on real self and am so happy he has found a remedy for his scarring, my issues are so much different than his with the waves and dents. I truly hope there is something out there that can help all of us that suffer from these devastating & horrible life changing events... again thank you Eva & God bless you