One month PO pics, swelling coming down!

Scheduled for a Tummy Tuck and breast lift on...

Scheduled for a Tummy Tuck and breast lift on March 6, 2012. I have been researching MD's for about 3 years and finally found one that I feel confident in. Like many others, pregnancy left me with extra skin. I am 5ft 2 and a bit :), and weigh just under 130. I am extremely excited at this point. Knowing me, I will be extremely nervous the day of.

My husband is very supportive, I know that he can not wait for me to stop "*****ing" about my stomach! I want to be comfortable in my skin again, as well as a bikini! I am T-minus 7 days away and have my pre-op on the 1st. Cross your fingers for me and my recovery as I have to be back to work in 10 days! I know that is going to be tough...

I did not say "not worth it" Just so all...

I did not say "not worth it" Just so all knows, it hasn't been done yet, how do I know?! I will update with pre pics soon. I'm a night shift worker, and it's time again to go in...Hope to hear from others that are having their procedure around my time, it would be nice to compare...

At Pre-op appointment:) Eeek!

At Pre-op appointment:) Eeek!

Well, this time last week, I was in recovery. ...

Well, this time last week, I was in recovery.
Surgery went well. I did warn them that i was difficult to wake after anesthesia, and I proved myself right, lol. Instead of the typical one hour recovery, it took three before I woke and was able to leave. Though my bestie will tell you, I still wasn't coherent when we arrived to the hotel. The front desk clerk gave us an office chair for me to sit on while I was pushed to the room :)

I've actually been ok when it came to pain. The worse night I had was two days post op and it wasn't surgical pain...I had a hell of a headache. I'm prone to migraines anyway, but my bestie pointed out that I had not had any caffeine in days. Good point! As a night shift ER RN, you can imagine, I have an affair with caffeine!

I pulled my marcaine pump out on Saturday and was a little worried about pain after, but nope...still good. I can tell you that sneezing is the absolute worst! I was hoping to pull my drains today, but I am still a tad bit over the amount of drainage that my MD states is the number I can use to pull the drains. It's close and there is air in both lines so I'm crossing my fingers for tomorrow as I go back to work Thursday night and I really don't want to arrive with to JP drains!!

My swelling has been noticeably less as of yesterday, yay! Of course it will probably all come back when I go to work... I weigh less than when I went in, which is great. Can not wait to see the finished product! I'm still in the compression garment that I was given at the office as I still have the drains in, but I can not tighten it up anymore and it is quite wrinkled at this point.

I have a "second stage" garment, but the drains need to be out before I can put that one on. How long before you guys went to your next garment? I think I will have more compression with that one as this original seems to be too big?

The breasts look great as well. I obviously lost some size as I went in a full D, I think I am either a large B or solid C, but can not tell yet. All I know is that they do not move! The only issue with those is the constant "itchiness" where the steri strips are. Sports bras for 6 weeks and then no underwire for a year. Victoria's secret, here I come! Being the size that I was, I do not own one single bra without underwire, lol.

I hope everyone else is doing well!!!

One month post op...Feeling good, I'm still unable...

One month post op...Feeling good, I'm still unable to really lay flat on my stomach, feels like it is pulling too much, but I did go shopping last weekend! I've also ordered my new bathing suits, lol.

I have been working a lot recently, but am jonesing for the gym...I called my PS and was told not until 6 weeks...two more to go. How long is everyone keeping their compression garments on? My second is getting big...I am wondering if I should go buy another?

My swelling is starting to come down now. It's not gone yet! Before the surgery, when I would lay flat, I had some pretty defined hip bones, I haven't found them again yet! I've lost 6 pounds since I went in for surgery, now at 124, yay! The only time I was less than that was high school and college when I was running 15 miles a day!

I hope everyone else is doing well! Prayers and good karma coming your way!!

Hey vb, looking good! I know what you mean about wanting to get back to working out, I want to do something active so bad I can't stand it!
Lol! And I'm further along:) you are looking amazing!
Thanks! I will post more pics on Tues as that will be one month post op. Two more weeks, then back to the gym!
You look very small! Congrats on ur new tummy!
Hey vb hope you're doing okay, thinking about ya today!
Thanks! Doing well. Much better at work tonight than last week! I have a lot of swelling below my belly button, would really like that to go away, lol faster than it is...My upper abdomen looks amazing and I now have my high school breasts back! Oh, BTW, Victoria's Secret is having their underware sale this weekend, 7 for $26! Yay :)
Hi Vb, congrats to u!
Thanks!!
Looking good! Good luck at work, let us know how it goes! Tell me you have your drains out!?!
Ugh! First night back, not so nice...today is a bit better and I have two more:( lots of ice when I came home this morning! I wish both drains were out! I was only able to pull my right drain Thursday morning, my left was still draining too much. It seems to be slowing and clearing up today, so I'm crossing my fingers that I'll be able to pull it Sunday!
Okie Dokie all, I posted a pic from today :) Hope everyone is doing well!
I'll post a pic from today, keep in mind, my drains are still in and I'm still extremely swollen! I think it's going to end up great though:)
I really want to see your results! I think yours are going to be great!
Hope your recovering well. I am feeling really good and so pleased with results so far. Feeling pretty groggy from pain meds but other an that feel awesome
Thanks Deb! Your pics look great, hope your are doing well still!
Thanks, Im feeling great. Back to see the surgeon today so will get to see scar and new belly button :)
Hope everything went great!!
Ok, so at the hotel and feel ok enough to write.I've been able to go to the restroom on my own the last few times:) I just took my second pain pill and been napping off and on. My bestie has been taking great care of me. I'll write more later....
At the office!! Send good thoughts my way!! Please:)
BEST WISHES! Tomorrow is your big day. The hard part is coming up, will roll over, and the best is yet to come! Take care and keep us posted!
Thank you!! Here now and anxious!!
Good luck!!! Hope everything goes well and i will be saying a prayer for you tonight. Looking forward to fallow your journey.
15 hours for me! I just spoke to the amazing "Jen" in the PS office. Love her, so encouraging and understanding:) Went over my instructions and the Anesthesiologist will be calling this evening to go over my medical hx. Still have to pack, but I have my bestie here, who is currently playing the Wii with my son and doing a puzzle with my daughter, lol!! Ack and Eek and OMG!! Good luck Deb73!! I look forward to recovering with you:)
Good luck!!! hope all goes well for you, I look forward to seeing your updates :) So excitied 22hrs till theatre for me :) :)
Ok...last shift in the ER before surgery and I am now freaking a tad, lol. I am on break and coming up with all sorts of questions that are now imperative! I just emailed my PS's office. I'm off at 0700, home for two hours of sleep, the off to pick up my bestie so she can go with me.. It's my daughter's actual birthday, so my mom (thank you!) has agreed to do the cooking for dinner. My kids will be spending two nights there as my Hubby (also night shift) is working and I'll be in Miami! I wasnt able to sleep before shift, so I e already been up 19 hours with 4 more to go!! Hoping I'll calm down enough to sleep for a couple before driving the 3 hour round trip in the am!!!