Lower Denture - Florida

Due to a childhood illness, I lost my teeth at age...

Due to a childhood illness, I lost my teeth at age 26. after 33 years of dentures I could barely eat because of pain under my tongue from denture due to bone loss. I began to have trouble with lower denture when I read about implants. I quickly made an appointment.

My lower denture is secured by 4 implants. Luckilly I had enough bone but could not do the top without bone graft.

I was 65 when work was finished = I am now 88. Never any trouble. Still have upper denture but top never did bother me. Best money I ever spent after many years of dentistry as a young girl. It is like having my own teeth again.

I have had no problems with my teeth since. If you can afford it it is well worth the cost and discomdort from the surgery at the time.

Thankfuuly I did not need bone graft for the bottom denture.They did the surgery for the upper denture but could not proceed as I would have needed bone graft.Rember this was 23 years ago and they would have had to take bone from my hip. Since the upper denture caused no problems aned at the time tey were working on a smaller tatanium post I elected to wait.
I don't remember the number of visits. They had to make something to keep my jaw open as the surgery took several hours and 13 shots of novacain. I saw the surgeon 1 other time. I was fitted with a temporary plate until it healed. The sugery was in Oct 1997 and the permanent teeth were put in on my 65th birthay 2/11/1988. 6 posts were put in but
only 4 were needed. Extra were put in in case they didn't heal properly.
Dr Balshi took great care and time in deciding on the correct color of the teeth. At the time I was visiting mt daughter in Penna and stayed with her the whole time. I had a spare upper plate made in case something happened to one. As I said I don't remember the number of visits or xrays. Whenever I visted her I would have my teeth checked. I was informed when the smaller implant was ready but I decided not to have it and the bone graft as I was and still do fine with the upper plate. Since the upper jaw heals slower and needed bone graft it would have taken a year
As I said before it was the best money I have ever spent-to be able to eat everyting in comfort after so many years.

That is great to hear you feel like you have your teeth back again and that the implants were well worth it for you! How many appointments did it take to complete the bone graft and implants?

Remember my implants are 23 years old and there...

Remember my implants are 23 years old and there have been many changes over the years.
It no longer takes so long to put the implants in - just a fraction of the time I spent with the surgeon. The cost $15,000 was
partially based on the cost of the gold used to support the denture. You don't see the gold as it is covered by the teeth and gums.
I only hope every one has the excellent results I have had.
looks great
Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

I was lucky enough to have the work done by Dr B who was among the first to do this procedure. I had wanted to do the upper too but needed bone graft. Since upper plate fits extremely well no problems. Dr B spent a lot of time with me as much as with some of the well known patients he has had. I can never thank him enough.