From Unhappy to Unhappy - Florida

I had my surgery about twelve years ago and I have...

I had my surgery about twelve years ago and I have nothing bad to say about my surgeon or the experience. I was in my second year of college and still had my baby weight which made my boobs enormous when I got sick of guys talking about and staring at my boobs constantly. They made me look fat and I couldn't wear the cute tank tops that everyone else could. The underwires of by bra would poke out into my skin when I exercised and I just got so tired of them. Nothing new to anyone in this forum I know. Anyway, I went to the surgeon and she asked me if I was sure I wanted this because she sees women every day who want to look just like me on many levels. I was a young attractive blonde bombshell beach girl that everyone in my highschool fantasized about--not being conceited I'm just going on what people tell me. I was so embarrased about my boobs that I never really made out with anyone because it was always such an issue. It was almost like guys didn't know what to do with them. I felt like a freak.

Now that I have had the surgery twelve years later I look amazing with my clothes on. Guys can't tell if I have perfect fake breasts or not. They are still large C's (and I will post pictures) but when it comes time to be intimate with someone I have to break the news that I am really not this hot bombshell but more like Frankesntein who looks great in tube tops. I feel like I made a bad choice and If I had just lost weight I wouldn't have to deal with this. I struggle with this every day. I look in the mirror and hate myself. I don't know how to tell someone I have these scars. When is the right time to tell them when you start dating? I feel like it takes me from a ten to a 2 in one second. I already know what some of you are gonna say--You have to find the RIGHT man, or "if he is worth it he will love you for who you are", right? I get it. I know. I just hate the thought of laying there on my back or on top with these giant anchors swinging in his face. Is there anything anyone can tell me to help me deal with this? I hate to be a complainer but I can't help the way that I feel.

I would rate my doctor further and although she did a great job I feel that she should have talked me out of it.

Maybe you should work on self love. You will never feel like a 10 if you soley look for approval via other people. Try things that make you feel more beautiful on the inside so you can feel beautiful on the outside too! Besides any person who turns you away because of a few scars.... gurllll they can't handle all of you anyway and doesn't deserve you!
Thanks Gettingit... I know that you're right and I appreciate it. I'm actually working on that now but it is hard...
Me too! It's always a work in process, but you deserve it!!
****see BREAST REDUCTION SCAR COVER-UP TATTOO, NC on this site. You have options!****
I know JUST how you feel!
It's good to know that this site is available to vent on because this is the sort of thing that I don't share with anyone. I almost wish there were BR support groups that people like us could attend. If you want to contact me personally please let me know. It would be nice to talk to someone who can relate. I don't know anyone else who has had one...
Thank you. Have you done this?
Have I done what? The reduction? Yep. The hoooooorrrriiiibbbblllleeee healing & scaring? Yep. I posted pics of how I fixed my issue, too, on here. Search BREAST REDUCTION SCAR COVER-UP TATTOO, if ya wanna see how I soothed my soul and made mirror time tolarable again. :-)
I love in Florida too, btw. Near Ocala. You anywhere near me?
I moved to LA...
I worked as a makeup artist for Estee Lauder for several years, training new hires and specializing in in-store application demonstrations - makeup can do wonders. I once worked with a lady who had grotesque scars on both wrists from a previous suicide attempt. We custom-blended a shade of heavy duty concealer (EL's Double Wear) to match her skin tone and, though the scars were still visible due to their raised nature, they were 90% less noticeable. She was in tears over the transformation. I believe Derma Blend makes a concealer that's waterproof and very effective as well. It's certainly not a permanent solution, but could ease the transition of exposing your breasts in a new relationship. Research body makeup for scars and go from there. I sincerely wish you all the best.
Thank you so much Kate. I think this may be the best solution that I've heard. How do I ask the sales lady to help me find a shade? Would it come off on the sheets? The scars are raised but that may take the 'edge' off. :)

Hi Frankie. I'm sorry you are so unhappy with your breasts. I get the impression that you like the size of them now, just not the scars. Am I correct? Did your scars heal poorly? Do you have large, thick, rope-like scars. You can get a scar revision that could help if that is the issue. Do the scars bother you more than your large breasts did?
Thank you. I love the size but the torture of being a facade makes me wake up miserable until I go to bed at night miserable. I can't relax when I'm in my bathing suit because I'm paranoid that it might have moved and a big scar is popping out or something. It's like I'm the neurosis just won't stop. Whenever I see boobs on tv (which seems like constantly) it makes me really uncomfortable when there are other people around who know. I wish I hadn't done it and I live with regret every single waking hour.