34 Years Old with a 34J - Time to Make These Puppies Smaller! - Florida, FL

As I sit here and right this post, I can barely...

As I sit here and right this post, I can barely breathe because I've got on my Enell sports bra with another sports bra on top to try to keep the ladies from flopping around while I workout - sometimes I think it would be better to have my husband wrap my chest up like a mummy in Ace bandages. Anyway, I've wanted a breast reduction since I was 16 years old and I'm finally doing it! Funny thing is that when I was 16 I wore a D/DD and that's what I'm going to go down to with this reduction lol. Right now I weigh about 190 but I'm hoping to lose about 20 pounds before the surgery (I'm 5'7).

I have a few questions. I just started meeting with PSs - how many did you all meet with before you made your decision? The top doctor in our town is at the top of my list so far, and he gave me the option of doing the surgery with he and his PS partner so it will cut down the surgery time from 4 hours to 2 hours - has anybody out there had their surgery done with a tag team of surgeons?

I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!

35 Today - surgery scheduled for March 26th!

Today is my 35 birthday and I am spending the day with my beautiful baby girl and my wonderful husband. I keep thinking that three weeks from tomorrow I will be having my surgery - I am so excited and nervous at the same time! I don't want to sound morbid but I keep thinking "what if something goes horribly wrong during my surgery and my daughter is left without a mother?" Did anyone else have these thoughts?

On a lighter note, I had the funniest dream about my surgery the other night. I dreamt that my surgery ran long and the PS had to leave before he finished with me. When I woke up in recovery the nurse told me that the PS only had time to reattach one of my nipples, so I needed to schedule a time to come back and have the other one sewn on lol.

Less than 2 Weeks!

My surgery date is quickly approaching. Luckily I have a million things going on between now and then to keep myself from worrying. I had my pre-op last week and the doctor informed me that since my breasts are so large and pendulous he will have to remove my nipple and put it back on instead of the other technique where they just kind of slide it up (or something). Has anyone else experienced the nipple removal? Just wondering what it looks like during and after recovery.

Everyone's photos have been so helpful to me so I'm going to post some "before" photos today.

Welcome to the community!    Say goodbye to the puppies, the new you is right around the corner.
I recommend 3 consults before choosing the doctor.  You need to find the one who best clicks with you.

Keep working hard on the weight loss and you will get there..