Open Wound After BL with Implants - Florida

Four weeks ago I had BL with implants. 5 days...

Four weeks ago I had BL with implants. 5 days after I developed small blisters around the T incision then they became open wounds the size of a quarter in both breast. My PS said is ok, to clean w peroxide, apply polysporin and cover with gauze 2x a day. It's has been 3 weeks the recovery is slow, any suggestion? I am concern about the scars. Any one used or heard about wound-be-gone cream?

My PS is one of the best from what I was, read online and others experience this can happen to anyone and depends on how the body heals. So far my PS has done everything and he feels very confident of my recovery.

Side note - we advise our patients to eat a high protein diet because protein is a huge factor in wound healing, and of course increasing your fluid intake. Drink 1/2 your weight in ounces a day. Apply a barrier cream like a zinc oxide (fansy desitin) to protect the surrounding skin from getting wet (maceration) and then keep the wound bed moist with saline and gauze. That is the method of wet to dry.
Yes peroxide kills bacteria however it also kills healthy cells which are trying to grow tissue. The key to wound healing is keeping the wound moist and skin around dry. Applying bacitracin 2x day and covering is good for maybe a week but leaving it open to air if it is superficial will be your best bet, once it scabs the tissue heals underneath in a closed area free from bacteria and will eventually push the scab off. ~From the Wound Care Nurse :)
I've read to never use peroxide to clean the open incision area, as it may cause damage to the tissue...nor am i allowed to use any neosporin type ointment or cream, i do the small gauze pads soaked in sterile saline packed into the wound then dry gauze taped over to hold it in.... Every PS has their own opinions about everything, but i would be interested to know if the peroxide helped? some may suggest to clean AROUND the wound, but not directly in it.... I'm 3wks post op and dealing with the same thing under both breasts :(
I also had open wounds and my PS said pack with gauze dipped in sterile saline. He called it "wet to dry" method. After the would looked healed then he said keep vasiline on it. It took almost eight months for it to heal but it finally did. Don't be discouraged. It just my take a lot of time. Mine now looks great and I can't even tell where it was. Almost no scarring.
i'm doing the wet to dry method now, only started Wednesday, God i hope mine doesn't take that long to heal, esp. with summer coming, grr i knew i should have waited until fall, i don't think i would use vaseline, A&D ointment seems it would be best, idk right now they told me i can't put anything on, even the closed parts....
I am 6wks post op fr bl and have to very painful open very large open wounds no words to describe how much pain I'm in..everyday and very depressed! Dr said it will heal fast stitched it back up 5times in last to weeks just to bust open..now open wounds I'm at a loss
How is your wound healing now?
I am in my second week using the wound-be-gone cream, my wound is healing but not fast enough. I really thought that the ointment will work faster....anyway I go this Wednesday to my PS again, which me good luck!!!

I'm glad your wound is healing! I'm sorry you had to go through that in the first place. Thanks for posting your experience here all RealSelf. I hope everything heals up quickly from here on out so you can just enjoy your results.

Yes, one week using the "wound be gone" wound seems to be healing, is not that deep. The other scars are looking good, they itch often special at night...it drives me crazy. Swelling is almost gone, only one section seems a .little hard. I see my ps exert two weeks now, he said everything looks good. I am not taking any antibiotics only 2000 mg of vitamin E. How is everyone else doing? Please keep me posted. Take care!
My PS recommended "wound be gone" after my surgery. I must say I am very impressed with the results. Swelling went down very quick and my incisions are almost invisible.
Bebita, how do you feel? Did the ointment help?
Well, I am In my second day of using "wound be gone" ointment. I read so much in the internet about the wonderful results and the almost no scars with this cream that I want to try it. I will keep you posted with my results. Good luck with your recovery, let me know about ur improvement.
I had BL aug 29 last year. At the six week post op point the incision opened under my right breast. Like yours, about the size of a quarter and very deep. went to dr. did antibiotic oitment for 4 weeks. no improvement. dr re stitched it back together. 2 week later broke open again. have been doing "wet to dry" packings with sterile saline for 4 weeks. It just starting looking better last week and is now healing extremely fast. By the way it looks, perhaps it will be healed next week. it will leave a big "crater" scar. LOL. I'm not worried at all about the scar, afterall, look at all the other scars. This one will seem like small potatoes next to them.
i blistered and it bled with a wound. It seems to be healing better now, but the antibiotics have helped. I went to my doctor on Monday, Wednesday and go back tomorrow. He's been terrific. He gave me a cream, too (not be gone). Ask about antibiotics if it will speed it up. I started on Sunday.
No, only the ointment w/gauze. I just want it to heal fast without scar. Have you heard about wound be gone cream? I have been reading about it, and speed the healing of open wounds with very little scars. Check the website, www.woundbegone.com I am willing to give it a try, because right now when this heals the scars are going to be very visible.
So, you have the blisters or the wounds?
did you go on antiobiotics?
I just experienced the same thing. I went to my doctor yesterday and go back. I'm worried, as well.