Concerns Regarding Yag Laser Resurfacing - Florida

I have very Irish skin and over the years (as many...

I have very Irish skin and over the years (as many others ) have damaged their skin from too much sun. I consulted a doctor recently with the different types of laser options that could remove the sun damage, age spots and feckles. He suggested the Yag Laser. I had the yag laser resurfacing on both arms and hands on Thursday. During the treatment my eyes were covered with safety glasses so I was unaware that hey were only doing certain areas and not the entire area. Now I am concern that when the areas heal and the new skin in exposed I am going to have an uneven skin tone since the entire area was not treated. Can anyone tell me if this was the correct technique to be used on someone with feckled skin? Is there another type of laser that should have been used to get an more uniform result?

I have posted your question in our Q&A section. That way we can hear opinions from the board certified doctors who volunteer on RealSelf regarding the usual technique for Yag laser.

Is Yag Laser Usually Done As Spot Treatments, or Should an Entire Area (The Face) Be Treated at Once?

How is your skin looking today? And you tell which parts were treated and which were not at this point?