2 Months Post Op: Worth It!! - Fleming Island, FL

I had septoplasty/rhinoplasty June 25, 2013 by Dr....

I had septoplasty/rhinoplasty June 25, 2013 by Dr. Pearson of Fleming island, Florida.

It's been 1 month since my surgery & I can definitely say it was worth it. Dr. Pearson is an amazing surgeon & my results speak for themselves.

Looking back at the days after my surgery I can say it went pretty smoothly. Bruising was significant & Sleeping was rough. Thankfully my boyfriend Eric took great care of me. I wouldn't say it was painful but more of an uncomfortable feeling really. I did have an anxiety attack one night thinking "what did I do to my face?" That was me just being crazy emotional & sleep deprived.

On day 3 I was thinking how the heck am I going to go to work in 3 days? But the swelling & bruising subsided quickly & on July 1st the cast & splints were removed & I went into work. I dreaded getting the splints removed. I read some horror stories so I was freaked out. The cast removal was easy & painless. The splint removal was just a really weird pulling feeling & the only part that hurt was removing the stitch that was sewn to my septum & splint. I'm a big baby but it wasn't THAT bad. It was a whole 2 seconds of ooooowwww. I'm doing my "exercises" now to help redrape the skin over the bone. He also told me to put pressure on the right side of my nose pushing in the opposite direction to help keep it straight while its healing since it tends to want to go to the right. He said a slight skew is inevitable but the exercises should help. At first I was really concerned with it, but no one else notices & have to keep in mind rhinoplasty is for improvement not perfection (but mines pretty close) (:

More pics

6 weeks post op

I had my 6 week post op appt on Aug. 6th. Dr. Pearson comes in and looks at me for a sec and says something like yeah...it is a little to the right...but your face is a little off center as well. I swear I'm going to get a complex! Not really, its not like anyone can tell except eagle eye Pearson. I do have a little stuffiness which is normaI & some swelling at the tip & nasal spine, which I can't really see so it will be interesting to see it keep changing. Over all he was really happy with my progress and said I took great care of my incision. Inside looked good, not really crusty but he did a little vacumming anyway. Yeah I know gross. He kept saying it really looks good I'm really happy with it. I'm like me too! Give yourself a pat on the back. Lol. He took some pics, I set my next appt & that was it.

I forgot to ask him if it was ok to wear sunglasses. I'm sure it is by now but I guess I'm just paranoid. I did try them on for a few seconds. They feel so different not sitting on the hump all crooked like.

7 months

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Pearson talks to you like a real person and takes time to explain everything. Very easy to talk to & answered all my emails in detail. He's kinda funny too. You can tell he loves doing what he does.

U look so beautiful I hope my result come out good as yours :)
Thank you. I'm sure it will. It's Looking good already.
are you persian?
Sicilian /Irish
Wonderful you look so Persian I have a friend that she looks 90% like you :D
Ooo my doppelgänger! Pre op or post op? Lol
Post op :D
That's one of the cutest noses I've ever seen!
Thank you I am very happy too. I'm amazed when people don't even notice. Lol. I'm like we're you blind? Haha
you are beautiful befor and fantaststic after :) ..it was realy worth it ,,congrats:)
Yes! Very worth it. Wish I did it 10 years ago!
You had a good result.
You look amazing!!! It completely was worth it and you look even more beautiful!
Thank you so much. Yes...100% worth it!
Beautiful result, congrats! And excellent choice in the surgeon! ;)
I know right? Lol Thank you! And thank you for posting your story!
You got the results I DREAM of getting. Here's hoping that when it is time to get my surgery that my results are this good. You look lovely!
Aw, thank you. Yes. Good luck to you.
hey take it from Moe , you are a beautiful one , success! job well done you can move on now from your old nose .. I'm glad for you .. thumbs up :O) as Moe said " But I'd look good on the outside, right? "
Haha Carl: Yeah, but you'd feel bad inside. Moe: Plastic surgery it is!
Was ur surgery open or closed? And did you have your nose broken for it? The swelling went down pretty quickly
My surgery was open & I'm pretty sure it was "broken" I know I'm surprised how quickly the swelling went down. I didn't use anything either! I read so many people used anarca cream or pills but I was like mehh.
Such a beautiful result, wow!!! What days were the first for you in terms of swelling...? And when did you notice it getting better?
Worst... Not first... I'm sleepy...
Day 3 was the worst of the swelling & bruising. I thought there was no way I would be decent enough to go back to work but July 1st I went back. i had a little bruise under my eye & slight yellowing near my jawline. Amazing how the body heals!