1 year post Op: Worth It!! - Fleming Island, FL

I had septoplasty/rhinoplasty June 25, 2013 by Dr....

I had septoplasty/rhinoplasty June 25, 2013 by Dr. Pearson of Fleming island, Florida.

It's been 1 month since my surgery & I can definitely say it was worth it. Dr. Pearson is an amazing surgeon & my results speak for themselves.

Looking back at the days after my surgery I can say it went pretty smoothly. Bruising was significant & Sleeping was rough. Thankfully my boyfriend Eric took great care of me. I wouldn't say it was painful but more of an uncomfortable feeling really. I did have an anxiety attack one night thinking "what did I do to my face?" That was me just being crazy emotional & sleep deprived.

On day 3 I was thinking how the heck am I going to go to work in 3 days? But the swelling & bruising subsided quickly & on July 1st the cast & splints were removed & I went into work. I dreaded getting the splints removed. I read some horror stories so I was freaked out. The cast removal was easy & painless. The splint removal was just a really weird pulling feeling & the only part that hurt was removing the stitch that was sewn to my septum & splint. I'm a big baby but it wasn't THAT bad. It was a whole 2 seconds of ooooowwww. I'm doing my "exercises" now to help redrape the skin over the bone. He also told me to put pressure on the right side of my nose pushing in the opposite direction to help keep it straight while its healing since it tends to want to go to the right. He said a slight skew is inevitable but the exercises should help. At first I was really concerned with it, but no one else notices & have to keep in mind rhinoplasty is for improvement not perfection (but mines pretty close) (:

More pics

6 weeks post op

I had my 6 week post op appt on Aug. 6th. Dr. Pearson comes in and looks at me for a sec and says something like yeah...it is a little to the right...but your face is a little off center as well. I swear I'm going to get a complex! Not really, its not like anyone can tell except eagle eye Pearson. I do have a little stuffiness which is normaI & some swelling at the tip & nasal spine, which I can't really see so it will be interesting to see it keep changing. Over all he was really happy with my progress and said I took great care of my incision. Inside looked good, not really crusty but he did a little vacumming anyway. Yeah I know gross. He kept saying it really looks good I'm really happy with it. I'm like me too! Give yourself a pat on the back. Lol. He took some pics, I set my next appt & that was it.

I forgot to ask him if it was ok to wear sunglasses. I'm sure it is by now but I guess I'm just paranoid. I did try them on for a few seconds. They feel so different not sitting on the hump all crooked like.

7 months

1 Year Post Op!! Worth it 100%

I had my 1 year post appt yesterday! Dr. Pearson said everything looked good. He was really impressed with his work. Lol (I am too). He mentioned some tweaking that could be done in office but I don't think I'll do any. But now that he pointed out an area that could possibly be shaved down a little more I've been noticing it more too.
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Pearson talks to you like a real person and takes time to explain everything. Very easy to talk to & answered all my emails in detail. He's kinda funny too. You can tell he loves doing what he does.