First Time Was Fine!

I had my first IPL and was scared after reading...

I had my first IPL and was scared after reading reviews on this site. I went to a popular med spa in my area. The owner of the salon does all of the facial IPL work and performs a ton of them.

The cooling gel went on and then the zaps began. I flinched for every one. She stopped to give me a quick rest and any minimal pain was gone and she'd start again. I think it took 20 minutes. She also zapped a couple of broken capilaries on my chest. The face was $250 and the spots $50.00. I will eventually get my whole chest done. My whole face burned a bit for maybe an hour and then nothing.

My face is swollen in parts and marks are dark brown. Yeah, I look a little funky right now but it will go away. I just washed my face and used PCA Rebalance Cream on it for the night. I can see that some of the pink areas on my face are already gone.

She scheduled my next appt. in four weeks. This appt. will get anything that didn't "take" the first time. She has three planned for me. BTW...she did say that the collegen will take a couple of months to rev up which makes sense. My skin type is III-IV. I'm a little in-between and have medium skin in color that brinks on olive.

Complexions

I went to a consult. They put me on a great skin care line. I believe she chose the right settings for my skin, and NO DOUBT knew what she was doing.

Be the first to comment...

Please join RealSelf or sign in.