The Belly I Should Have Had! - Fayetteville, NY

After losing over 140lbs I consulted with Dr. Baum...

After losing over 140lbs I consulted with Dr. Baum about a tummy tuck. We discussed my options, concerns, and limitations and I couldn't be happier 7 weeks later with my results. Dr. Baum was extremely attentive to me during my office visits. I never felt rushed or brushed off. I felt as though he cared about me as a person and not just a payment. When we ran into some insurance snags, he called me personally to relay information instead of depending on office staff alone. Surgery day was intense but he was a comforting presence throughout and kept me overnight in the hospital because of my own concerns of having small children at home during the initial few hours of my recovery. On discharge day the doctor came in directly from what seemed to be a sporting event or workout. I was blown away that he would take time out of his personal matters to see that I was on the road to recovery and ready to be sent home.
Syracuse Plastic Surgeon

All of my office visits since have been comfortable and convenient. I will say that something about Dr. Baum that really stood out to me came during my recovery when I began to retain a small amount of fluid after my drains were removed. I had to go in a few times to have the fluid removed via needle and I felt as though Dr. Baum was very conscious of respecting my body and boundaries as my own. Many doctors seem to become desensitized to boundaries people have and sort of treat our bodies as their own in what can sometimes feel very frightening and make us as patients feel very vulnerable. Dr. Baum always made me aware of what was going to be done and did it in such a way that I felt he truly cared not only about my physical comfort, but my emotional comfort as well. I feel as though he has a great ability to balance a patients boundaries with a gentle way in which to make sure his own job is being done appropriately and effectively. I have had surgery five times previously and never had this good of an experience with all of them combined. I recommend Dr. Baum to every single person I know.