Subtle, Natural Results.

I'm in my mid 30's and my face was beginning to...

I'm in my mid 30's and my face was beginning to look gaunt. My nasolabial folds had been prominent all my life and they were making me look older than I felt. After researching various injectable fillers, I decided on fat.

The procedure was more uncomfortable than I had imagined, particularly the extraction process, which I'm told is similar to liposuction. They took the fat out of one thigh. The injection part was not as bad. My face was numbed up but it still felt pretty weird.

The doctor was very conservative. He told me the results would be subtle, so I didn't worry too much about the swelling. Most of the swelling went down after one week, and I looked like a cupie-doll (not a bad thing) for about another 2-3 weeks. During the first week I went to great effort not to move my face, and I think this contributed to my good results.

It's been about 6 months since the procedure and the results are very natural. The donor area on my thigh looks completely normal. There are no scars and no one could guess that I had a cosmetic procedure. But comparing photos from before and after, I look much better now. The gauntness is gone, I look more youthful, and the nasolabial folds are softer. Basically, I got exactly what I wanted from this procedure, and I will have it done again when the time comes.

Dr. W. Scott McDonald

Forgot to check the box so I'll get an email if your respond. Thanks again !
Did they also do the undereye area? I have heard some really bad stories about fat transfer in that area. Also - where is your doctor located? Thank you for your time and the info !
Hello, Im glad that you had a nice result from your fat transfer:) If you can recall, was there much change or increase of the fat from 3 to 6 months?