IPL Success - on Chest & Face - Fairhope, AL

I am 33 years old. I originally had one session of...

I am 33 years old. I originally had one session of IPL to correct very dark freckles/sun damage on my chest. The procedure was somewhat painful - like a snapping rubberband that is on fire. I had dark coffee ground-like spots on my chest for about 10 days after the procedure (they were VERY dark, I had to hide my chest with clothing), and on the 10th day, all of the sun damage just wiped away. Eight months later my results are still amazing! I hated showing my chest before with the sun damage, but now it looks perfect. A bonus was that I have some stretch marks on my breasts from being pregnant and the practitioner used the IPL on those too on the inside side of my breasts. Now I can wear bikini tops that show extra skin and my stretch marks don't show at all. They are still there but all of the redness went away, so they are now just flesh colored. Last month, the same spa (at my dermatologists's office) had another IPL special, so I signed up to have the procedure on my face. I have some mild red spots from acne scars, and shome shallow pitting (I currently break out monthly during my cycle) as well as some light sun damage from tanning in my 20's. After the procedure, I developed dark spots on my face as expected that lasted about 5 days. I could kind og cover the spots with make-up but they were definitely noticeable. I did return to work and just avoided seeing too many people during the day when possible. After 5 days, the spots washed away, and my results are just as amazing as they were on my chest. All of the redness is gone from my face, the shallow pitting has 99% disappeared, and my complexion looks amazing. I have always had "so-so" skin but now I am excited to put on make-up everyday. I had several friends have the same procedure at this spa, with great results, too. Someone told me before I had the procedure that this is how celebrities get perfect complexions, and now I can see thatmust be true. I will definitely go back every year or two to have this done again.

Mobile Dermatologic Surgeon

Dr. haley did not perform the procedure, but her staff is wonderful.